It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hazmat responds to Harris County Jail after inmate shows Ebola-like symptoms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I did not see this posted.

Link

Hazmat crews were at the Harris County Jail early Friday morning, after an inmate reportedly showed symptoms similar to Ebola. Harris County officials say the individual answered positively to some health-related screening questions. Medical officials on scene told Local 2's Syan Rhodes they do not believe this is a case of Ebola, but are taking precautionary measures.

The Harris County Sheriff's Office jail currently screens about 300 inmates a day for illnesses or mental health issues and now they're also looking for signs of Ebola.

They plan to ask inmates for travel history and other risk factors was implemented on Tuesday and so far nobody is being monitored for Ebola.

The Sheriff's Office also said they are screening people via 911 dispatchers. They ask for patience while they ask callers questions relating to Ebola, they said that's how they can ensure everyone they speak to does not have the ability to spread the disease.

Maybe it was the jail house food..

Maybe he got a hold of my wife's chicken and dumplings. That would show symptoms for 21 days.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The guy probably has bad ulcers from eating crappy and is experiencing a hell of a hangover. Top that off with a stomach bug and you got ebola symptoms.

I like the part about jailhouse food. That stuff will make anyone sick. I suppose you don't want to have real good food in a jail, that would increase criminal activity in the area.
edit on 17-10-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SkipperJohn

Because we have not banned flights to affected countries, we now live in a world where you can vomit and receive your Andy Warhol 15 minutes of fame moment.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Wait till the rest of the inmates figure it out…

the 21 day Ebola prison furlough.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

they can serve my wife's chicken and dumplings and that would fix all crime problems. trust me.. they would not want to come back.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bludragin

Because we have not banned flights to affected countries, we now live in a world where you can vomit and receive your Andy Warhol 15 minutes of fame moment.

Exactly.

It's farce at this point and it will only lead to people letting their guard down and not taking symptoms seriously.

Stopping all but medical aid flights and suspending visa for travel from the areas would at least give the rest of the world a breather to play catch up and put better measures in place as well as at least partially stem the tide of infected patients from the hot zone.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This bug is on the loose in the US. There's no stopping it now. Way too little too late is being done. Nothing preventative, all reactionary. Two steps behind it in every case. The American Way.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

letting Prisoners go on Holiday now, are they?

Ha!

I doubt its EB.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yeah from what I've read he's low risk, and it's just based on questions they asked.. nothing confirmed.. they doubt it is.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's a good idea in theory but what's to stop someone from traveling overland to a country outside the hot zone? They aren't stopping flights from the entire continent. Get on your giraffe and ride 'em cowboy. Get to the next big city and off you go. Sad so sad...
We need for them to get control of this in those countries where it's still spreading. Fix their broke azzez. Stop familial burial practices and convince the sick to get in bed and stay there. Convince the well to keep their distance and let the doctors take care of the sick. reply to: kosmicjack

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: bludragin

Exactly.

It's farce at this point and it will only lead to people letting their guard down and not taking symptoms seriously.

Stopping all but medical aid flights and suspending visa for travel from the areas would at least give the rest of the world a breather to play catch up and put better measures in place as well as at least partially stem the tide of infected patients from the hot zone.

You say it all right here. Agreed.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
In my opinion there are way more cases of Ebola, just kept on the "down low"
Seriously they have been playing with fire for a while and now its burning out of control.

They don't care about the common man only themselves.
Hopefully people will wake up and see the BIG picture.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sophie111609

this i 100% agree with you on.

I went to the store today and it looks like a run on can goods is happening.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
what was on the questionaire? he just travelled to Africa and now has fever and vomiting or he lives with emergency care worker

top topics

join