It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonny Landreth: One of the most advanced guitarists in the world & one of the most under-appreciated

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
that zydeco shuffle was nice.
i never heard of this guy...
clearly he is a master of the instrument

edit*
another not very well known musician i have been listening to lately is jandek.

sorry to hijack your thread but a snippet

en.wikipedia.org...

Jandek is the musical project of Sterling Richard Smith, an outsider musician who operates out of Houston, Texas. Since 1978, Jandek has self-released over 70 albums of unusual, often emotionally dissolute folk and blues songs without ever granting more than the occasional interview or providing any biographical information. Jandek often plays a highly idiosyncratic and frequently atonal form of folk and blues music, often using an open and unconventional chord structure.

Only a handful of people claimed to have successfully contacted Jandek before he began regularly playing in public (see below). He releases albums through his own record label Corwood Industries, keeping a Houston post office box so fans can write to Corwood for a typewritten catalogue and order Jandek’s albums, usually at low prices. Many of his albums feature pictures of a certain man at various ages; although it seemed likely, it was not until Jandek's live debut in 2004 that it became certain that the man depicted on the album covers was the principal performer.

Jandek now often performs live with other musicians, but these collaborations remain the extent of his engagement with the public.

--------------------------

you have to hunt for it but he has a lot of material out there
edit on 13-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

sorry to hijack your thread but a snippet

Not at all a hijack. That's what its about. I share something which triggers someone else to share something. Otherwise, it will be "ok sonny is good". Now what? hope it goes in a million different directions.

I have to check this guy out.

<< 1   >>

join