It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top U.S. general says Ebola outbreak coming through Central America is real threat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

As I said on another thread...
Ebola was never taken seriously because it was confined to poor remote out of the way places.

If that same initial outbreak had first occurred in a place like London, Tokyo, LA or New York... Places where people have money...enough to catch the attention of doctors, pharmacons and upscale treatment centers... why we would have had a cure for this decades ago!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

WEll said, also keep in mind that people handle fear in different ways, most are in denial at this point and until they truly do the fact findings for themselves, lay off the msm and the bs handed down form the "Authorities" who are simply politicians and mouth pieces, they have little chance of surviving this, period.

At this point it is all spinmongering...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The Centers for Disease Control estimates 1.4 million people will become infected with Ebola in West Africa by January of 2015, with a 52 percent fatality rate

I haven't seen this projected statistic until now. That is not OK. Very concerning.

I'm not so much concerned about getting Ebola but the panic that people coming down with Ebola will cause.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: clenz

I have a relative that works for the NIH in Bethesda....be scared....be very scared.

Your writing style reminds of someone who used to join every thread on a topic to argue for the sake of arguing. I hope you are actually educating yourself, not just playing in ATS threads to get your jollies.

Ebola is a serious issue. If you think the medical field has a handle on it...start seeking out your friends and family in the medical field, like I did. It will be an eye opener for you, I guarantee...

Des

I am educating myself, and I'm sorry I remind you of that particular person. But the fact you opened by telling me to "be scared, be very scared", just makes me take everything else you say with a lot less interest.

In my last post, I already stated my opinion on what I believe is going to come out of all of this so... yeah... I'm well aware it is a serious issue, but I'm certainly not going to be "very afraid" like you want me to.

I admit, I'm pretty angry that medical workers aren't being briefed about it or getting fully prepared to be safe, but that isn't what upsets me about posters in various threads about ebola. What upsets me are silly phrases like the one you used to open with.

If you want me to get educated on this matter and take it more serious (I do take it serious), then give me some sensible material to work with (note, im not accusing you personally of providing nonsense info).

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Point taken, I apologize for telling you to be scared. Because even our top infectious disease center hasn't implemented a set in stone protocol for dealing with ebola, in our own country. I am scared.

To educate yourself, start reading all the older ebola threads on ATS. So much valuable information, and research PDF documents from actual scientists who have spent a lifetime studying ebola, are posted and discussed at length. Consolidated on ATS is one of the most concise data banks on ebola. Including charts of projected spread of ebola worldwide by one of our esteemed members Ikonoklast. Here is his constantly updated thread. We've even seen his charts used on MSM where they got them from here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is an early thread I started with the first ebola patient brought to the CDC in Atlanta. In my State of Ga.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are many excellent threads to educate yourself from right here, on ATS.

What you choose to do, is up to you.

Des

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

If it helps my wife is an ER nurse here in Colorado...
and she says the Enterovirus is like a thousand times more worrisome...

Health officials: Enterovirus 68 worse than Ebola

edit on 9-10-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

i agree that Enterovirus 68 is more widespread currently,but it does not have a mortality rate of roughly 50%. If my whole family gets it, we will live. If my whole family gets EBV, half will die. Therefore, i care more about EBV, at least as far as how to avoid it if possible...

I am not trying to belittle Enterovirus 68, but it doesn't have the same fear factor for me....

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm a border rat and lots of things cross our Southern border. Just recently, 3 days ago.

washington.cbslocal.com...

www.examiner.com...

Both links are same story.

Of course DHS denies it.

www.cnn.com...

Who knows? Someone infected with Ebola in the wrong hands might make it further than people realize. All I know is I have personally seen more illegal border activity than I ever thought I would.

edit on 9-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I made this post on a monster Ebola thread earlier today but I think this is where the general came up with his estimates.

"I found the following while tooling around at CDC.GOV
Estimating the Future Number of Cases in the Ebola Epidemic - Liberia and Sierra Leone

Results
If trends continue without additional interventions, the model estimates that Liberia and Sierra Leone will have approximately 8,000 total Ebola cases (21,000 total cases when corrected for underreporting) by September 30, 2014 (Figure 1). Liberia will account for approximately 6,000 cases (16,000 corrected for underreporting) (Appendix [Figure 1]). Total cases in the two countries combined are doubling approximately every 20 days (Figure 1). Cases in Liberia are doubling every 15–20 days, and those in Sierra Leone are doubling every 30–40 days (Appendix [Figure 1]).

By September 30, 2014, without additional interventions and using the described likelihood of going to an ETU, approximately 670 daily beds in use (1,700 corrected for underreporting) will be needed in Liberia and Sierra Leone (Figure 2). Extrapolating trends to January 20, 2015, without additional interventions or changes in community behavior (e.g., notable reductions in unsafe burial practices), the model also estimates that Liberia and Sierra Leone will have approximately 550,000 Ebola cases (1.4 million when corrected for underreporting) (Appendix [Figure 2]).

In light of this report's predicitions, our sending troops over to Liberia makes perfect sense. Seems like someone is finally understanding that this at the point where we can't drag our feet in the sand any longer."

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Have there been any confirmed Ebola cases in Central or South America?

Have there been any confirmed cases of Ebola in the USA?????

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't get it, when moron governments are going to stop all traffic of west Africa flies into any other country, why is soo difficult to quarantine anybody that is coming from ebola infected areas.

It is something I am missing? or the governments are soo moron and stupid that they can not get it yet.

Either that of this is population control agenda via exposing people to deadly diseases.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join