It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terminally ill Woman Fighting for Others’ Rights to End Their Own Lives

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Well said and also I see it as not wanting to put the family though extensive medical bills along with the horror and pain that they would have to endure with her slow and torturous death. I respect her for this decision immeasurably. Glad to hear that a true and solid Christian such as yourself see's this in such a positive way.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

May she Rest in Peace. But there is still a bit of me that wonders. Did she go through with it or not? Last week she said that she may postpone it. All we have to go on is tweets and third hand reports at the moment.

Regardless, I still support the Death with Dignity act. But only for those who are terminally ill.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Maybe I go too far but I also tend to think it could actually be an option for those suffering from non-life threatening or severe psychiatrical issues, especially if they genuinely want to end their lives and there's just no option whatsoever to better their life, to cope, and to medicate or sweet-talk them into a better state. I say this because I've seen some depressing and hopeless suffering, and I really respect human life and think we should be caring and considerate to each other, but some made me think: why not just let him go...

Some people are incapable of achieving the simplest thing that most don't even think about, they take it intrinsically for granted and rightly so! There're some however who can never obtain any of it, never get their way, or live a long life of horrible compulsive behaviour or hopeless nerve pain that just wrecks everything.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

charles?

where did ya go?

on topic may she RIP

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join