It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCIENCE: Scientists calls for death of Humanity 2006 from Ebola

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
SCIENCE:
Scientist calls for death to humanity

by John Ballantyne

News Weekly, April 15, 2006
A Texas scientist advocates killing nine-tenths of the world's population by an airborne Ebola virus, writes John Ballantyne.

An award-winning Texas scientist was given a standing ovation after he advocated the extermination of 90 per cent of the Earth's population by an airborne Ebola virus.

The University of Texas evolutionary ecologist, Dr Eric R. Pianka, was addressing the 109th meeting of the Texas Academy of Science at Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas, in early March, after the academy had named him 2006 Distinguished Texas Scientist.

newsweekly.com.au..." target="_blank" class="postlink">newsweekly.com.au...

edit on 5-10-2014 by judydawg because: needed more info

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This has been talked about ad nausium.
His words have been taken way out of context by several groups now. This pops up about every month.

a reply to: judydawg

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Sorry havnt seem it . Mod please deletea reply to: Woodcarver

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Tried to delet but it would not. Thank youa reply to: Woodcarver

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

And Piankas statement to clarify what he said..

uts.cc.utexas.edu...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Leave this up. People need to learn not to take everything at face value. Including me

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am going to we werent looking for every piece of Ebola back then. Some dorks like me may not have seen this. BRB iPad going down. Carry on will check in later. reply to: nukedog

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thank your more info.a reply to: Elton

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I haven't seen this before :-)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Why is there such a worry over airborne ebola when it isn't transmitted through air unless someone that has the symptoms is sneezing inside a building. People with symptoms may not have a sneezing reflex.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Maybe the worry is that the governmental agencies have been lying and Ebola has become an airborne virus...

But I suspect the worry is simply that most folk know that national governments lie almost all of the time, so they panic in the face of something they cannot fight with a gun or a knife, a rock or fists.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Mod please deletea reply to: Woodcarver

I've never read this before so #### that!
Snf

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

The current Ebola has shown alleged signs of aerosol transmission. There is no conclusive evidence which rules out aerosol. Airborne transmission is ruled out.

In layman's terms (I'm a layman with basic understanding of diseases from basic science classes but have done some homework lately).

Airborne refers to diseases with very light particles like most flu's or the common cold which can float for long periods of time and travel through air ducts and such. Airborne disease travels like smoke.

Aerosol means the particle is heavy (like Ebola and it's cousin Marburg's) so will only travel short distances before falling, often mixed with a liquid. Aerosol travels like sea spray at the beach.

Anyone with real heavy duty scientific knowledge, feel free to contradict or clarify.

The link below discusses the fact that aerosolized ebola has not been entirely proven false.

Ebola is definitely not airborne though. It is likely is definitely aerosol and experts have no strong evidence to rule it out entirely.

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I imagine we have all seen the BBCs Utopia. IMHO the destruction of the Human race is the ultimate race crime, then again its not like there would be many of us left to answer for said crime.

All the same, planet Earth would bode remarkable well from our absence. I wonder with witch species nature would start again?
edit on 6-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join