It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority of Peer-Reviewed Papers agree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
...Human influenced Climate Change is real!

www.sciencemag.org...

The drafting of such reports and statements involves many opportunities for comment, criticism, and revision, and it is not likely that they would diverge greatly from the opinions of the societies' members. Nevertheless, they might downplay legitimate dissenting opinions. That hypothesis was tested by analyzing 928 abstracts, published in refereed scientific journals between 1993 and 2003, and listed in the ISI database with the keywords "climate change" (9).

The 928 papers were divided into six categories: explicit endorsement of the consensus position, evaluation of impacts, mitigation proposals, methods, paleoclimate analysis, and rejection of the consensus position. Of all the papers, 75% fell into the first three categories, either explicitly or implicitly accepting the consensus view; 25% dealt with methods or paleoclimate, taking no position on current anthropogenic climate change. Remarkably, none of the papers disagreed with the consensus position.

Admittedly, authors evaluating impacts, developing methods, or studying paleoclimatic change might believe that current climate change is natural. However, none of these papers argued that point.

This analysis shows that scientists publishing in the peer-reviewed literature agree with IPCC, the National Academy of Sciences, and the public statements of their professional societies. Politicians, economists, journalists, and others may have the impression of confusion, disagreement, or discord among climate scientists, but that impression is incorrect.

Well I hope this report serves as a wake up call to all the unrepentant greedy, sobs who have been running a campaign of disinfo both in the mainstream media and here on ATS. There is a conspiracy afoot and its not Climate Change, its the supression of sound science for the pursuit of the allmighty $$, and I'm personally sick of it.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more with you..It is an outrage...
What Bugs the living light out of me is the fact that the US.still has denied the kyoto agreement once again..Russia has come on board,here in Europe we have guidelines even China if I'm not mistaken which has a massive population and is still developing it's economy is willing to pat some kind of price for it's part in the huge Dump,i call it..
But No...the Us.can dictate everyone else about anything it sees fit,and yet they ignor completely this data..
I believe the least they can do,is to pay BIG bucks in cleaning out it's own DUMP, and stop making this BLing blind big booms of H2's and SUV's and try getting from A to B with a 'normal' 2lt engine instead of them 4-5 and even 6lt monsters,it's not like they have the auot bahn,the speed limit is what 55mph...??
Industry..Development for death to Earth....

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
1 reply in five days, I really though this would be of more interest to the ATS crowd, I guess not

[edit on 12-12-2004 by sardion2000]

join