It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Quarantine Won't Stop the Ebola Epidemic in West Africa

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

If ebola can be passed from human to animals and vise versa and is prof of it, then is as good as been air born, specially when bird migrate constantly and are the food source of other animals including humans.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yes, Ebola's definitely animal-borne. Pigs and dogs definitely get it; both have been eating Ebola infected corpses; and pigs definitely pass it to monkeys. No proof yet that birds get it tho.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Sofi since 2002, it was already warnings about ebola been spread by birds, I found this article by CBC in the issue

The Ebola virus closely resembles several bird viruses, researchers have found. They say the findings suggest birds may be able to spread the deadly virus to humans.

Ebola has killed several hundred people in central Africa since it was discovered in 1976. During outbreaks, the hemorrhagic fever can kill 50 to 90 per cent of infected patients, according to the World Health Organization.

Researchers at Purdue University in Indiana have found the outer protein shell of Ebola has a biochemical structure similar to several viruses carried by birds.

"We knew these viruses were inwardly similar, and now we see their outer similarity as well," said Purdue biology Prof. David Sanders in a release.

"While bird transmission of Ebola is by no means certain, the resemblance among all these viruses should encourage health officials to be on guard for it," he said.

The findings bolster the case that Ebola and the bird viruses share a common ancestor.

www.cbc.ca...

Then I remember reading in my research on Ebola that as early as 2003 US was already paying independent labs to research on vaccine, coincidence?. How come we never heard about this before?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: MarkJS

I remember your posts and think there's merit. Thing is, researchers say they checked, and insects do not transmit Ebola. ....However, reminds me of some prion research where scientists found "filth flies" picked up infectious prions on their sticky bits and transmitted them to human fibroblasts.

Thank You for responding, remembrance and civility.
edit on 26/9/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The info was out there. People just don't pay attention unless they're bopped upside the head. I posted this a while ago - it's from discovery news, very similar to your CBC quote.

Ebola's Deadly Jump From Animal to Animal

Ebola may be present in more animals than previously thought, according to researchers studying the deadly virus, which has already been detected in chimpanzees, gorillas, fruit bats, monkeys, antelopes, porcupines, rodents, dogs, pigs and humans.

….Sanders and his team found that the way Ebola infects human cells is nearly identical -- both structurally and biochemically -- to the way that similar viruses enter bird cells. This suggests that the proteins of the virus had a comparatively recent ancestor.

"It is therefore possible that Ebola was at one time associated with a bird host and may even be so today," Sanders said, adding that the bird must hail from Central Africa. That is where the virus was first detected in 1976 and where outbreaks usually occur.

Even plants and insects could have played some role in the evolution of the virus, as Thomas Monath of the Harvard School of Public Health has proposed. Monath postulated that a nonpathogenic virus in insects and/or plants might have mutated, giving rise to Ebola in bats.

….Sanders and his colleagues continue to study birds and their possible role in Ebola's evolution and transmission. They are also attempting to determine what other animals might be added to the already long list of species that the virus and related viruses could impact.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Incredible, no wonder now is such urgency about the spread of the disease, the test were done in Perdue Indiana!!!!, in 2002, that is big, big, why they kept it quiet Sofi, this big!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps because they figure that birds would be no easily to migrate across the sea, but they can migrate across the continents in Europe.

Is so interesting to know that all this information has been out there and nobody ever connected the dots, but you now.

Then to think that US has been testing on ebola for a long time, years, it kind of ring a bell as what else is been done with the ebola virus in labs.

We need to find more news about what is been done.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
bopped upside the head?

Never heard that expression before.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: joho99

Little bunny Foo FooWent hopping through the forestScooping up the field miceAnd bopping them on the headDown came the Good Fairy, and she said"Little bunny Foo FooI don't want to see youScooping up the field miceAnd bopping them on the head."

I'll give you 3 chances,

And if you don't behave, I will turn you into a goon!"

And the next day...

Little bunny Foo FooWent hopping through the forestScooping up the field miceAnd bopping them on the headDown came the Good Fairy, and she said"Little bunny Foo FooI don't want to see youScooping up the field miceAnd 'bopping them on the head."

I'll give you 2 more chances,

And the next day...

Little bunny Foo FooWent hopping through the forestScooping up the field miceAnd bopping them on the headDown came the Good Fairy, and she said"Little bunny Foo FooI don't want to see youScooping up the field miceAnd bopping them on the head."

I'll give you 1 more chance,

And the next day...

Little bunny Foo FooWent hopping through the forestScooping up the field miceAnd bopping them on the headDown came the Good Fairy, and she said"Little bunny Foo FooI don't wanna to see youScooping up the field miceAnd bopping them on the head."

I gave you three chances and you didn't behave so....POOF. She turned him into a Goon.

wiki

That's one mean rabbit...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Ahh now i get it when they are told repeatedly.

Thanks for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join