It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i think i saw a UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
so i was in my car, and i was looking out the window, and in front of a large cloud was this really bright dot, it didn't move but it was very sharp and very bright, like a piece of metal in the sky, i wish i had more time to check it out, and i didn't have a cam with me to take some pics and i was wondering if anyone saw anything like this in the New York area

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What time was it you saw this bright dot? Could have been a planet (saturn and jupiter are pretty dominant in the sky these days), or even a star. Could have been anything really.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
it was a pretty bright dot

and it was about 3:30 ish

also it was infront of a really big fairly dark cloud

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Velvet1717]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
3:30Am or 3:30Pm >>>>?????

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
oops sorry

3:30 pm

during mostly daylight

the sun was behind part of the big cloud but not near the bright um thing

and i think that it was pretty humid (if i can spell that) out if that helps in any way

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Velvet1717]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Not to sound skeptical, but there has been alot of military activity in the NY area by all sorts of helicopters....If I am not mistaken, NYC is still in level orange...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
yes there is alot of activity here

and i am about 30 miles outside of the NYC area so now that i think of it it probably was just a militaty situation that i saw

would have been cool if it was a ufo thou

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Definitly! esspecially in the NYC area!!! maybe those Aliens are getting a bit braver....maybe they will pull a stunt like they did in 46(?) where they hovered above the white house

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
he he

yeah, nutz i got all like "yay i saw an alien!!!"

but yeah your right there's no way they would go there

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Don't kid yourself, might have been an Alien ship. Yes, probability is military stuff though. Try talknig to locals, see if anyone else saw anything.

And most of all, keep an eye out at all times. Might see somehing again, could determine what it is, military or otherwise.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
yeah, i got a few friends that know im a nut like this, i can have a whole look out with rotations set up by morning he he

i was pretty shocked at seeing though

i should have said something to another person in the car

it would have been good to have another person who said the saw it

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well, in all technicality, you did see a UFO, an unidentified flying object, even if it was only unidentified by you

just a thought

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet1717
so i was in my car, and i was looking out the window, and in front of a large cloud was this really bright dot, it didn't move but it was very sharp and very bright, like a piece of metal in the sky, i wish i had more time to check it out, and i didn't have a cam with me to take some pics and i was wondering if anyone saw anything like this in the New York area

swamp gas lol

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I live in the mountains of western north carolina...far away from New York and stuff...and im really interested in ghosts, legends, aliens..etc....i have had a few experiences myself
I have always believed the government to be hiding installations among the Blue Ridge Mountains..there is so much territory that is out of view of the general public..as well as nobody can build on that territory set aside by Roosevelt i believe...Trillions of trees to hide everything they want to hide.

One time me and two friends were driving on a dirt road and saw 5 square lights with rounded off tips up near the peak of one of the mountains..probably about 5,000ft or so in the air...we kept seeing the lights and the lights kept randomly dissapearing and reappearing simultaneously every few minutes...we got to the end of the dirt road and decided to go out on a limb and investigate...the only possible explanation would be an Inn where travelers rest at from travelling the parkway...but the Inn was closed and nobody would be there for another 2 months.
We got near the top of the mountains and the fog was so thick...like abnormally thick, at night of course thick clouds come down from upper atmospheres..and this fog was so thick we could only see what was between the hood of my truck and where my headlights beams join 10ft ahead of my truck...everything else even the side of the road was unable to be seen because the fog was so thick...so we centered the yellow line in the middle of the road between the headlights and that was the only thing that kept us from driving off the side of one of the mountains or hitting the hillside...we encountered one car and we never saw it coming until 30 yards ahead of us and before that no sight of it...
but when we drove right out of sight of where we saw the lights the fog ended...same thing for the opposite direction..the fog just abruptly ended..
if the government wanted to fly something directly off the side of the mountain at the only possible place you could see it..the perfect cover would be that fog...or if it was real aliens they could conduct any samples of anything they wanted without being seen, if the side of the road cant even be seen how would an alien be seen...but if that was the case why didnt we get abducted? glad we didnt though

There was also this one time one of my friends was riding an ATV after dark on the dirt road he lives on..he saw something about 50 yds above the ground..he stopped and turned his headlight off and watched it...he desribed it to look like a mix between a snow cone and the ship on star wars that Han Solo and Chewbacca fly around..shaped like a triangle with a circular back end with a few tiny lights on it and a flat shape about 10 ft thick...made absolutely no noise at all...
He flipped his headlight on it and it turned around to the side and started to fly away and he drove fast up his driveway and followed it up the mountain by an atv trail he made that led to the top of the mountain and he watched it fly towards Asheville about 50 miles away from him.
He went back to his house and went to feed his dog and he saw the little lights and knew that was it and he grabbed his gun and shot at it about 180 yards away and shot twice more and never saw a spark never heard the bullet hit anything and it was in the crosshairs of his scope...
he saw the thing once more at his grandmas house when he saw a light hit the window and looked out to see who drove up and saw nobody but saw the thing in the air..it flew away and he hasnt seen it since i dont believe

If anybody has ever researched the Brown Mountain Lights..one of my other friends, after i told him about that incident i just mentioned with the object in the air...well he saw a light moving along and around the perimeter of a mountain about a mile away..he shot it on video and gave me the tape..it looks like a white light..then this other light looks to come off of it and go to the bottom of the mountain, then on the way back up it shined a really bright beam of light out in front of it, much to far and high in the air to even be high beams of a car...he didnt do to good at filming it, both in night vision and regular..but got a few good shots of what was going on...

another one of my friends never goes into the woods without a gun now. Before, he would go in the woods and feel like something was watching him..then one day he was hunting and heard noises on the opposite hillside and went to go track it down thinking it was the animal he was hunting of course...but he saw something of mid-stature get up and scurry up the side of the hill out of site and he turned around and ran away. Kind of a light-brown color, no clothes and absolutely no hair with no buttocks either...

i dont know we experience a lot of things down here, that was just particular to this post though..

the former spy station...now known as the research triangle park owned by NASA i think but i couldnt guarantee it. The news crew did a documentary on it in the last year or two showing what was deep in the hidden areas, no computers and stuff of that nature relating to spy work or anything...but at one time they had a bomb aimed at the research station which is why we still sometimes go through nuclear/Bio bomb evacuation or protection, but they use the excuse of the nuclear station down in south carolina...i speak for hundreds of people when i say that place is still used by the government for local radar and even maybe as home base coordinates to get back from high altitude flying...lots of computers and last time i checked the public wasnt allowed in there

crazy stuff happening in these mountains...you could hide a base easily underground in these mountains and never know the first place to look to find it...they could withhold all vapors and whatever else until the fog cam down in a big holding chamber then release it all at once in the fog...or even just let it loose in the middle of the night.
satellites wouldnt just be randomly pointing out in the middle of a bunch of meaningless mountain ranges neither so no satellites would be threatening them even if they did control the important ones...

they could even hide a mechanical door that slides open with dense undergrowth and laurel bushes, nothing but a small animal or a determined animal could get through it because its illegal to cut up anything or bring anything but legal game out of the forest...that far back in the wilderness you could place a camera out in open sight and place a few limbs around it and some undergrowth around it and nobody would know where it is...cameras hidden in the branches of a fir tree...cameras inside of fake trees...easily place heat sensors....

no where near as obvious as an area 51...wouldnt even need signs to warn people..hunters could sit a hundred yards away from the entry door and never know there was a door or even a hundred cameras and heat sensors around him...wouldnt never know, but the government could get photo ID's and know his whole background before he could even think about how quiet it is out in the woods...

the logicality behind all that..well i have nothing to back it up but if you think about it, theres so much of the mountains that have never been touched by humans, never been seen by a human...theres so much of it...how could somebody find a well hidden door..or even a bunch of doors placed randomly around the area...in thousands of square miles of land that is in some places inaccessible even by a hunter on foot...

i dont know it all makes sense to everybody i know..what do you guys think?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
i also saw a bright dot in the sky, except im in california. it wasnt so much bright as it was faint as in a star looking object. it slowly moved upwards and out of the atmosphere into invisibility. what kind of semi-bright object would be moving directly out of the atmosphere?

new topics

top topics

join