It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forney family mistakenly subjected to felony police stop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Really...this had to happen in my hometown. People in my town know the police are not the brightest, but this is blasphemy. The conversation with the caller and the Dispatch is shown on the source page.

FORNEY, Texas – “I believe they may have gotten the wrong car back there,” a 911 caller tried to tell a police dispatcher just moments before a Forney family was mistakenly subjected to a felony police stop along U.S. Highway 80.

On Sunday morning, August 10, 2014, a complainant called 911 while in Dallas County about a reckless driver near I-30 and Loop 12. Dallas County transferred the complainant to Mesquite who transferred it to Forney as the reckless driver and complainant approached Kaufman County.

Forney police officers attempted to locate the vehicle, described as a beige- or tan-colored Toyota, possibly a Camry or Corolla, but ultimately pulled over the wrong vehicle, a burgundy Nissan Maxima, and subjected the woman, Kametra Barbour of Forney, Texas, and four young children ages six, seven, nine, and ten to a felony police stop.

There's a lot more to the story but I'll let you read for yourself.

inforney.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Tan totally looks and sounds like Burgundy!

That's an honest mistake!!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I can see how but the caller told the dispatch that they had the wrong car. The Dallas county dispatch said there were 4 males in the car. They even said a Toyota

Dallas County dispatcher: “It is going to be a beige- or tan-colored Toyota occupied by four males.”

Caller: “I was just speaking to a dispatcher about a vehicle, an erratic vehicle driving recklessly.”
Dispatch: “Okay, where is it?”
Caller: “Im sorry?”
Dispatch: “Where is the vehicle?”
Caller: “Okay uh we are on, we, they just took a Terrell exit. The two cops that were fixing to pull him over, I believe they pulled over the wrong car because...”
Caller 2: “They let him go.”
Caller: “They, well, the car they hit the lights on was the right car but they didn't pull them over. I believe they may have gotten the wrong car back there.”
Dispatch: “Okay, whats that location mam?”
Caller: “80.”
Dispatch: “Windmill Farms?”
Caller 2: “Cutoff.”
Caller: “It's the 80 cutoff going to Terrell.”
Dispatch: “Okay at Windmill Farms. What's the vehicle look like?"
Caller: “It's either a tan or a gold Toyota Corolla or Camry.”
Caller 2: “They're already in Terrell now.”
Dispatch: “Okay, and this is the vehicle that was driving erratically?"
Caller: “Yes”
Dispatch: “Do you still see the vehicle?”
Caller: “Yes it passing us now.”
Dispatch: “And where are you exactly?”
Caller: [Gives partial license plate 1]
Dispatch: "[Reads back partial plate] It's gotta be more to the plate then that mam."
Caller: [Gives license plate 1]
Dispatch to dispatch 2: “Do they already have the vehicle pulled over?"
Dispatch 2: “[Unit number Officer 3] does.”
Dispatch: “Okay mam, where exactly are you, if you see this vehicle?”
Caller: “We are coming into Terrell on 80.”
Caller to Caller 2: “They already have the vehicle pulled over they said.”
Caller 2: “No!”
Dispatch: “Okay, alright, thank you mam.”
Caller: “Ok...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Watch out for that 9 year old...

Especially if she has an Uzi.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Caller: “They, well, the car they hit the lights on was the right car but they didn't pull them over. I believe they may have gotten the wrong car back there.”

Wow I would love to get the clarification on this little tid bit.
This reads that they lit the right car up, some how let it go, and then grabbed the wrong car...
How would that happen?

ETA: Man, the cop was behind the right car and then backed off, got behind him AGAIN and lit him up up to just to back off AGAIN and exit the road.

I will admit the communication was bad and hard to follow, just don't see how that ends up with the wrong person getting pulled over and the right person getting away.
edit on thWed, 27 Aug 2014 20:10:59 -0500America/Chicago820145980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: StayAware

I was being sarcastic. The best part was deciding if the kids looked like kids.

Sigh. Total retraining of all LEO

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

This reads that they lit the right car up, some how let it go, and then grabbed the wrong car...
How would that happen?

ETA: Man, the cop was behind the right car and then backed off, got behind him AGAIN and lit him up up to just to back off AGAIN and exit the road.

I will admit the communication was bad and hard to follow, just don't see how that ends up with the wrong person getting pulled over and the right person getting away.

FOUR guys in the car, were they BIG guys? and the loe's decided they didn't feel so big and brave anymore and chose an easier target?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wow! everything to this story sounds so dodgy! How do you get burgundy from tan? And also how do you just let the right car go? and not just once! sounds like corruption too me, they do seem corrupt over there more now than ever, what kind of training are they getting majority are a bunch of psychopaths on power trips these days! Going crazy on innocent people though and letting the bad guys get away with everything, its like thats what they want. If theyre trying to turn their justice system in to that of a 3rd world country theyre going the right way about it.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sremmos 80-
Yeah! The communication wasnt THAT bad though, it was detailed they even supplied a plate number, colour and make of car and description of people inside, that should make it simple for them to perform their job and pull over the right people not an innocent family! In a car that looks nothing like the description! Along with all the other whacky bits, can't wrap my head around it honestly. Them poor kids aswell, that would traumatise a 6 year old! Why the need to draw their guns? I understand that there was someone allegedly with a gun but 'mistakes' like this shouldn't happen, especially considering they had the right car more than once!!
edit on 27-8-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I lived in Forney for years. Windmill Farms was being built when I moved there.

There is a reason I don't live there anymore....it's not just the ridiculous tiny statue of liberty greeting people on Highway 80, with the plethora of flags......it's not the school personnel who are about 30 years behind the rest of the world.....it's the public servants, who treat the public like crap.

I love irony, and Forney was the most restrictive place I've ever lived, and also the only place with a statue of "liberty".

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

How would that happen?

Certainly sounds fishy that bit.
Once the lights are on you, you are generally done for.
To let them go once could be an accident, to miss them twice and then pull over
a random family in the wrong coloured car, well that just sounds plain fishy.

Maybe the cops and the original car have a deal. "Let's pull this car over, give them time to get away"

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The good news is that they de-escalated the felony stop when they realized they had the wrong car.

Yes they made a mistake, but they didn't harm anyone, no one was beaten, no one was shot.

I've been pulled over before because my car "matched a desciption" and things were calm and professional.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I agree completely, this could've been a lot worse, but at the same time it's like....really? This is who's protecting us?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I've been unjustly cuffed and put in a squad car for walking down the street before. The dumb cop parked the police car in front of the fire department with me in the back cuffed. Guess what happened? Someone called 911 and the fire engine hit the police car I was in. It spun it around a couple times but I didn't get hurt. The cop took the cuffs off and said that i was free to go. # happens.

top topics

join