It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This THE Most BIZARRE Wall in the WORLD?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

s29.postimg.org...

This is by far the most interesting photo, as a green lichen appears to have grown over and into a cut in the stone.

I do not know the species, but I know that there are methods of dating exposed rock using Lichenometry.
edit on 0Thu, 21 Aug 2014 00:51:09 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

s29.postimg.org...

This is by far the most interesting photo, as a green lichen appears to have grown over and into a cut in the stone.

I do not know the species, but I know that there are methods of dating exposed rock using Lichenometry.

Hey
Yeah I saw that too but it doesn't matter on here, the the 'Guardians' have deemed it modern so down the ATS hole it goes.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Hiya James, i did an image search on marble quarries a few days back, and in many pages of results all of the images were similar, except for the fact that cuts were far neater. Understandably they were in a grid pattern for the purposes of efficiency.

All of the classical quarry pictures that i found looked a lot older than this and were far more eroded.

Like others i could find no English language papers or info on this particular site, but from what i ran through google translate (and iirc) it's part of or at least very near to a classical necropolis and not a megalithic/stone age site.

Looking at the pics, using the nearby grasses for scale, these blocks are only a few inches square. They definitely look amateur cut and like an earlier poster i wouldn't be surprised if someone in the modern era used power tools to quickly scavenge (steal?) stone from there for their own purposes.

Thoughts?

Oh, and am i a guardian or a member of the gang of four? i used to be a very ordinary poster here so a promotion is exciting news

edit on 21-8-2014 by skalla because: typos

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JamesTB

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: Phage
www.tuscany-villas.com...

A marble quarry? That's doesn't explain the cuts.

Actually, (and I haven't read the rest of the thread yet) but it does explain the cuts. As soon as I saw the images I thought that it looked like a quarry.

I challenge you to find a photo of a quarry with similar cuts to this wall.

The only real difference between these photos and the ones of you "wall" would be how clean and neatly the work is. This suggests that an amateur took it upon themselves to loot the site for their own construction project. As Skalla pointed out, judging by the flora in the pics you posted, the blocks are considerably smaller than what you would normally see being quarried. They look to me to be about the same size as the average cinder blocks used for constructing foundations for homes in the US.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

s29.postimg.org...

Hey
Yeah I saw that too but it doesn't matter on here, the the 'Guardians' have deemed it modern so down the ATS hole it goes.

As noted earlier I explained to you how to find an one of the Italian archaeologists whose has worked at this site - but you won't do that will you? Better to whine and take no action.

Remember somewhere in Italy (or elsewhere) is a guy/gal who knows a great deal about that site and probably the wall - why do you refuse to find and ask him or her about it?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: Phage
www.tuscany-villas.com...

A marble quarry? That's doesn't explain the cuts.

Actually, (and I haven't read the rest of the thread yet) but it does explain the cuts. As soon as I saw the images I thought that it looked like a quarry.

I challenge you to find a photo of a quarry with similar cuts to this wall.

The only real difference between these photos and the ones of you "wall" would be how clean and neatly the work is. This suggests that an amateur took it upon themselves to loot the site for their own construction project. As Skalla pointed out, judging by the flora in the pics you posted, the blocks are considerably smaller than what you would normally see being quarried. They look to me to be about the same size as the average cinder blocks used for constructing foundations for homes in the US.

None of those photos resemble the wall that I posted photos of. The cuts are completely different.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Probably because the quarry ones are by professionals and the others by amateurs....but how would you explain it?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
the stone in the OP pics are old but he masonry saw marks are not.
You can see the tool marks on the face. this was either someone collecting stone or someone practicing cuts with modern tools.
edit on 8/21/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Exactly my point. The cut marks in the photos I added are all neat and precise, done by people who know their trade craft whereas your photo shows some very haphazardly done cut marks which, to me, indicates either a practice session or an amateur taking stone for their own personal use. What it is not is evidence for some high tech, lost art form for quarrying.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The location mentioned is the necropolis of Prunittu, SW of Sorradile. It should be a pre-nuragic site, built in the eneolithic period. I found this map which hilights the site.

I think the wall you posted is in a different place tho, just NW of Sorradile's road to Bidoni (there is a building that seems the one barely visible in the photo) and it does seem to me something like a concrete containment wall. I tried to underline the features that made me think this in the closeup Edited Image.
I am italian so I can read the articles about this site, but they aren't at all enlightening about construction techniques of these tombs. However if you search "Necropoli di Prunittu" on google images you can find many interesting carved structures the best of which resembles some american's ones.

I'll try to find some more info but there isn't that much and I can't find the images you posted on google image search. If you can provide the facebook page you got them from I may try to ask a friend who lives close to this place if he can have a look.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join