It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting, looting reported in Ferguson (Missouri)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This whole thing is insanity. Claiming they are doing this for one death, may very well result in numerous deaths before all is said and done. You can't leave the cops no choice but to get violent in these situations and then turn around and scream about more police brutality, racism, or anything else. Whatever kind of message these folks wanted to convey is lost. The only thing being conveyed at this point is that all of the racists are going to say that's why this boy lost his life to begin with. Because of this type of behavior.

They have only succeeded in giving those already against them more ammunition.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Scanner codes one star a piece.
Would you like a with that sir? Thank you for flying Felony America!
edit on Ram81114v022014u23 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies folks.

If we're to "deny ignorance" than we should look at this objectively and not emotionally.

Cheers,

beez

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: cerbium
Live looting

new.livestream.com...

Thanks for this link. I tuned in just in time to see a bunch of folks breaking into a Hibbetts and running off with boxes of Nikes...

That'll really show those cops! Maybe they are stealing them so they can run a charitable marathon to raise money for the victim's family? I'd just really like to know what point they think this is making?

Un-Freaking-Real

:dwn:
edit on 8/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Lol yeah the police instigated this. They have nothing better to do than swarm a poor black neighborhood and further risk their lives. I mean it's not like these cops don't have their own wives and kids to go home to.

Black on black violence is responsible for more killings every year in black neighborhoods than cop on black violence. Look at the statistics! Oh but I guess all those government stats are just one big conspiracy as well? Lol

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Let me ask a question no-one has yet to ask. . . .

What if the police shooting was justified?

From what I've seen so far from witnesses in the videos, he put his hands up and was shot. The kid also just graduated high school and was enlisted to start college in the fall...doesn't sound like your typical stereotype, hey?
edit on 11-8-2014 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

We've prayed and marched for decades, nothing has changed. It's time to makes some heads roll. I'm not violent, but I know when war has been declared upon my people. Reciting poetry to a barbarian will end with a dead poet, I believe in slaying the barbarian.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

If we're to "deny ignorance" than we should look at this objectively and not emotionally.

Cheers,

beez

Cop was attacked by a teenage youth in his car. The minute you assault a cop expect one of two things..... You get beat or shot period.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Let me ask a question no-one has yet to ask. . . .

What if the police shooting was justified?

From what I've seen so far from witnesses in the videos, he put his hands up and was shot. The kid also just graduated high school and was enlisted to start college in the fall...doesn't sound like your typical stereotype, hey?

Not really.

But the question had to be asked. . . .

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys

Lol yeah the police instigated this. They have nothing better to do than swarm a poor black neighborhood and further risk their lives. I mean it's not like these cops don't have their own wives and kids to go home to.

Black on black violence is responsible for more killings every year in black neighborhoods than cop on black violence. Look at the statistics! Oh but I guess all those government stats are just one big conspiracy as well? Lol

I never said it was a conspiracy. As a matter of fact. I have never said anything on this site was a conspiracy.

But from what I am hearing from people on the ground. This protest was peaceful until the police showed up and tried to intimidate. Since this happened I have been on the phone with people in the area. Have you heard any first hand eyewitness reports before you started spewing your theorys? Your tricks will not work on me buddy. Like I always say. This is America. The land of the free and the home of the brave. You can believe whatever you want. I just wish you where honest.
edit on 11-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

link   

Cheers,

beez

Cop was attacked by a teenage youth in his car. The minute you assault a cop expect one of two things..... You get beat or shot period.

So there is another interpretation of events. Thanks.

link   

Same goes for whites bro.

The point is we obviously like killing each other; cops withstanding.

Yes it's a culture problem...a multicultural problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: NATIBOY256

We've prayed and marched for decades, nothing has changed. It's time to makes some heads roll. I'm not violent, but I know when war has been declared upon my people. Reciting poetry to a barbarian will end with a dead poet, I believe in slaying the barbarian.

I can understand and empathize with that. I was the one who started the original thread about this when it occurred. The loss of life will be their own. The cops will not suffer nearly as much as those who are rioting and looting right now. You would be hard pressed to find any here that support what the police have been doing to people and animals lately. I just find it sad that more lives may well be lost because of this.

Is there a better way? Truthfully I do not know. What I do know is that businesses are being destroyed and people are in danger that had nothing to do with the original incident. They have to suffer because someone else took this teen's life and that is not fair to them.
edit on 8/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

You don't seem to get this do you.? This is their war, their only way of making a really loud disruptive statement against something that is beyond belief occurring and no one doing a thing about this, not this case or any other. I totally get it and cannot say I blame them. This time, no, when there is nothing left for them to do, and they don't have the wealth and good standing to form big unified citizens groups and everyone is too apathetic and red necked and self centered to give a damn, this is their way of shaking the tree hard!!!! Because they're not going to take it any more.

This is the Resistance (not the Empire), Striking Back.

And I can't blame them. I don't condone it, but I also don't blame them. I blame ALL THE CITIZENS WHO ARE EMPOWERING THE LEADERS AND CORRUPTION BY NOT STANDING UP AND REFUSING TO TAKE THIS.

edit on 11-8-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

From one of the news reports there is apparently amateur video that was taken by someone that shows the events of the shooting. The authorities had asked citizens in previous days to turn over any such video to help in the investigation as at least this car had no camera. It wasn't specified if any such video has been turned over but that would likely not be made public at this stage.
edit on 8/11/2014 by UberL33t because: typos

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
guess it doesn't matter where that interpretation is coming from huh beez?
How about you research the event your self if you want and not take this racist guys word for what happened.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NATIBOY256

Try getting a job, taking care of your kids, and idolizing people other than Tupac!

How many black kids know who Neil Tyson is?????

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

That was a lie. The first lie was that he was shoplifting(Which was told by the police). The mother or grandmother went to the store that he was allegedly shoplifting from, and they said he didn't steal anything. Now they're saying he attacked the officer, but dozens of witnesses say he didn't attack anybody. He was actually stopped for jaywalking, why would a young man with no criminal past attack an officer over jaywalking? Doesn't make sense, huh? Now add in the fact that the young man was set to start college Monday, it's now obvious that the cop is lying.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
riots look the same, be it London, Egypt, Athens, Tunisia, Libya, Syria.

This is a very sad day, good night ats.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Whoever told you lied! Home of the slave land of decree!

And yes your version or theory of events is conspiratorial.
edit on 11-8-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join