It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting, looting reported in Ferguson (Missouri)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
a reply to: NavyDoc

Something that happens on the average of once a year is pretty common place. An annual thing.

Something that is only once in 5 to 10 years is a lot less common and much more rare.

That's just me though.

Also volume.

Something that happens every year in a town of 300, is very common. The larger the population, the more likelihood of any event. In a population of 330 million, an annual riot that involves hundreds to thousands is not even a drop in the swimming pool.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Here's a photo from the riot of men standing guard to keep their store and livelihood from being looted and destroyed.

What does this simple picture tell you? That the excuse of rioting to protest the racism of the system is a bullsheet excuse. You loot to protest anti-black racism by stealing from black business owners? Nonsense. You loot because you are a thug and a criminal.

What a great future await us...

Wait, I've seen pictures like this in most post-apocalyptic movies...

You know, now after NRA pumped more guns in nation then how many citizens we have, might be a bit late to look other way... and expect that this might be our future, thanks to all gun lovers...

And no, words don't get you far with people with guns, good notice... in the end it might all come down to who has more guns... good or bad people...

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Seriously?

Whole story might have different ending if boy had a gun and protected himself against 'evil' force of government?!

The whole tragedy is turning into bigger tragedy, don't you think so?

edit on 11-8-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Can't believe I wasted my time reading through this thread.

Has to be the worst I've ever seen on ATS.

I know.

I'm tempted to just watch the MSM to see what's going on.

Stay on this thread too long and you'll get called a racist/hater/bigot!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Thefarmer
Yeh they shouldn't be smashing and looting their own shop that's just stupid but go to the police station or government buildings they will end up getting shot

There are effective methods of civil disobedience and rioting is not one of them. Someone mentioned Dr. King earlier, he is probably rolling over in his grave.

Please tell me some because as far as I can tell nowadays standing in a crowd with a sign just ain't gunna cut it

There were millions protesting peacefully about about the Iraq war across the globe but the war still happened?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GreyGoo

Yi know if someone punched me in my own house, i'd punch the guy back....not wreck my house out of frustration.

Or go steal choice things from your neighbor's house.

I would be okay with surrounding the City Hall or the Police HQ after any judgement about the shooting was complete and did not do justice for the fallen young man. But stealing rims for a car in the name of justice doesn't work for me.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
Seriously?

Yeah, seriously. I applaud their lawful use of firearms to protect their property and livelihoods from marauding criminals.

What should they have done, let it get looted and burned down?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

There have been numerous protests that have not resulted in violent and wanton destruction. Just because they do not immediately achieve the desired result does not make them a failure. See the Civil Rights movement.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

originally posted by: NATIBOY256
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Let's be honest, do you really believe the American public will vote a black man into office? If you look at his presidency, it's obvious he's a puppet for the people that's really running the country(Bankers). I want everybody to look up the claims I made in the post that you responded to. Everyone will then see that everything I said is true, denoting the fact that America still hates blacks. I believe Obama was placed into office as a smokescreen, considering the fact that institutionalized racist attacks rised dramatically during his presidency.

I certainly didn't vote him in, but somebody sure as hell did. Enough people obviously voted for him that there was not an outcry about some kind of voter fraud after his victory was announced. I absolutely think he was chosen and I absolutely think he is a puppet, but that doesn't negate the fact that he was elected to office.

There are a bunch of ignorant idiots left in America that do still hate blacks, I would not be so ignorant to claim otherwise. At some point the perpetual victim mindset has to be looked at regardless and not just for African Americans either.

Things like this do nothing for those that still buy and sell in stereotypes. It serves to give more ammunition to those who do actually want you to "know your place". You can't prove those arseholes wrong with this type of behavior. You and they have to know that. People empathize more than you know I think, but what is happening now is not right.

It is not getting justice, but it is giving the cops more opportunity to "make them pay" and that's not what they want or need right now.

I like the way you think.
I may have worded it a bit differently, but what you posted is the bulk of what I also would have stated.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Seriously?

Yeah, seriously. I applaud their lawful use of firearms to protect their property and livelihoods from marauding criminals.

What should have happened before this - people like the one who looted SHOULD NEVER GET GUNS in first place.

Lobby of gun industry did not make country more safe - and this is clear example of that - as using guns to protect your business - rest of world, apart from war zones got away from that since last century... seems we are going backwards...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If they are mad at the police, then they should be taking their anger out ON THE POLICE. NOT ON INNOCENT BUSINESS OWNERS.

This is just uneducated and unmotivated, useless morons stealing to get free stuff.
edit on 8-11-2014 by groingrinder because: Edited for more genuine cajun spice.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Seriously?

What should have happened before this - people like the one who looted SHOULD NEVER GET GUNS in first place.

Lobby of gun industry did not make country more safe - and this is clear example of that - as using guns to protect your business - rest of world, apart from war zones got away from that since last century... seems we are going backwards...

It seems to me you fail to realize that they would had gotten guns illegally if they wanted them. They import guns into countries with strict gun laws. Australia is a prime example. The only way to eliminate guns is going back in time and killing off the inventors. Criminals are criminals for a reason. they do not follow the laws period.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I am not applauding the criminals, they are obviously lawless hooligans and criminals will unlawfully obtain weapons because, hold on here, they are CRIMINALS.

Really? Those law-abiding, armed citizens certainly made that store safe from looting and arson.

And as for your world analogy, were Greek protesters deterred by armed citizens from looting and burning private property? There are plenty of instances world wide where rioting ran unchecked. If someone tried to loot my property I am not waiting for the police.

edit on 11-8-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Yeh they shouldn't be smashing and looting their own shop that's just stupid but go to the police station or government buildings they will end up getting shot

There are effective methods of civil disobedience and rioting is not one of them. Someone mentioned Dr. King earlier, he is probably rolling over in his grave.

Please tell me some because as far as I can tell nowadays standing in a crowd with a sign just ain't gunna cut it

There were millions protesting peacefully about about the Iraq war across the globe but the war still happened?

Those protesting the war were smart enough to realize that burning down their neighbor's business and stealing everything he owns was not going to stop the war. But maybe they just did not need a free pair of sneakers and a six pack of beer.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

So police are bad, they shot and killed a young man.
A result? Rioting and looting.
Yet people are bad if they need to protect their property with guns.

So people need to call the police? . . . That are bad, they shot and killed a young man. . .

I'm trying to find some logic here and all I got was a nosebleed.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Thefarmer

There have been numerous protests that have not resulted in violent and wanton destruction. Just because they do not immediately achieve the desired result does not make them a failure. See the Civil Rights movement.

Yes but that was decades ago and I applaud it but times change and so have the police and government so people have to change with them

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: groingrinder

No they were dumb enough to protest with a piece of card with a peace sign stuck on it, got them far didn't it

At least when things go like this it makes ordinary people take note

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Seriously?

you make no sense at all. You say "guns bad! " and then fall all over yourself trying to fit it into this scenario but seem completely unable to convey your ideals in a way that makes any sense. I guess it is because you are trying to superimpose your personal ideals onto an actual event.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys
BS! The black kids I went to school with had the same F'ng opportunity I did in K-12!

No, they simply went to the same school.

Most washed out, got a girl pregnant, or went to jail.

And that never happens to non-black people in America, right?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Are their any updates to this story? All I am reading is back and forth racial ping pong here.
This thread should be closed.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Here's a photo from the riot of men standing guard to keep their store and livelihood from being looted and destroyed.

What does this simple picture tell you? That the excuse of rioting to protest the racism of the system is a bullsheet excuse. You loot to protest anti-black racism by stealing from black business owners? Nonsense. You loot because you are a thug and a criminal.

What a great future await us...

Wait, I've seen pictures like this in most post-apocalyptic movies...

You know, now after NRA pumped more guns in nation then how many citizens we have, might be a bit late to look other way... and expect that this might be our future, thanks to all gun lovers...

And no, words don't get you far with people with guns, good notice... in the end it might all come down to who has more guns... good or bad people...

Seriously?

Whole story might have different ending if boy had a gun and protected himself against 'evil' force of government?!

The whole tragedy is turning into bigger tragedy, don't you think so?

That makes no sense. If the looters did not have guns, but bats and tire irons and axes, would it be any different? What is one or even several people going to do against dozens of looters? Nothing. However, one good man with a gun hand hold off dozens with baseball bats.

As a force multiplier, only an idiot could not understand how a firearm helps an individual protect himself or herself from a mob of people. A firearm helps the weaker, physically and numerically, defend themselves from the stronger.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join