It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fortress in Sacsayhuaman a Megalithic Mystery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

originally posted by: MRuss
Hey, I've been to this site just under ten times (work-related) and will be there at the end of August again.

Do you want some photos?

Yes please. Some close ups of the joins would be great too. Bit of everything if you can.

P

Ha...I had a digital camera I took on a world tour, it was full of Peruvian, Equadorian, Galapogos and Cuban sights to name a few....It was in a bag that got swiped from me on our last leg of the tour while in an internet cafe in Madrid

Anyway, after visiting it myself I can say this was no way built as a monument, no logic to that at all as it's a very big place with lots of walls and evidence of rooms and tunnels.....I'd say much more like a fortress or a temple

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

seems a good way to get from a to b utterly useless for placing the block we need the whole process explained

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
every time i see that it reminds me of irregularly sized sacks of cement in powder form, that are bulging out all over the place, and then hardened after being subjected to water. then the sack fabric removed, but you'd think there'd be some indication of the material of the sacks still sticking out from the cracks, unless it was extremely biodegradeable. maybe they found a way to wrap the stuff with a material that somehow incorporated itself into the stone during the hardening process.

and of course there's the story of the native plant that was rumored to make stone very malleable. so maybe they molded it like play doh. that doesn't make sense though.

the random puzzle piece shapes are to make it earthquake resistant.
edit on 6-8-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Yet the chroniclers of Inca history both Spanish and later the children from Spanish fathers and Inca noble women - who were fully versed in the local language and culture make no mention of concrete or other exotic methods but instead describe dragging big rocks around and crafting using standard methods. Inca who had learned Spanish also recorded their opinions too once they had learned Spanish.

I would recommend looking at the writings of:

Inca Garcilaso de la Vega, Guaman Poma de Ayala, Martín de Murúa, Titu Cusi Yupanqui, Diego Fernández and the work of a group that was later known as the Antarctic Academy (Academia Antártica).

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune
I agree he has different opinions on how the universe started, however no one has ALL the answers. In fact, no one has ANY regarding the spontaneous existence of our universe. You can't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I recommend reading "Our Fragile Intellect" by Gerald R. Crabtree ( a Professor of Pathology and Developmental Biology at Stanford University School of Medicine). He's not a creationist and he's proved the exact same thing.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: evilmonkey
I agree he has different opinions on how the universe started, however no one has ALL the answers. In fact, no one has ANY regarding the spontaneous existence of our universe. You can't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I recommend reading "Our Fragile Intellect" by Gerald R. Crabtree ( a Professor of Pathology and Developmental Biology at Stanford University School of Medicine). He's not a creationist and he's proved the exact same thing.

He said something similar but he did not prove it he put forth a theory that has generated discussion I read some of the disagreements with his idea and they seem well reasoned. I would say at best the idea doesn't have a consensus for or against t it is certainly still there.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
For me it is not just the size of these blocks, it is also the shape and how they fitted them so tightly. We could replicate that stonework today but it would take a very long time to get that precision. I have been in construction for over 30 years and worked with some very talented stone masons, yet this is in a different league.
A lot of these stones have very deliberately cut angles, making the next stone layed much harder to shape for precision due to these varied angles. It has a snowball effect with each stone layed, which involves a great deal of planning and a huge amount of man hours.
Every time you placed a huge stone on another there are weight issues, they had no concrete foundations and built on soil and rock. So it is certain there would be movement to varying degrees, each stone would have to be lifted not once but many times so to shape it perfectly for precision fitting. I am not saying aliens but there is a high degree of intelligence on show here, we must not forget that the Inca stonework on top is so much inferior, why was the skills of the masons not handed down as it is today for hundreds of years.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wait a minute , how do we know these are all individual stones, and not carved to look like that ?
How do we know that they are all individual , they may just be carved out to look like giant seperate stones when in reality they are all one rock and just carved to look like joints
I mean has any actually moved one to see if it was separate ?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

The Spanish took most of the stone of the site down to Cusco to build it. They might have noted and commented on the stones not being separated.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: aorAki

You have the patience of Job, mate.
I don't envy you

Hey, I use to teach Arab college women IT and business - this is easy!

Not archaeology thank Allah.

Just so you are aware you are coming off as a HUGE tool being intentionally disrespectful to someone who has contributed more to this forum than you would in 100 lifetimes.

Disagreeing is fine, acting like a huge douche for no reason is not.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the info OP!

All i can say is; these were not lifted by homo sapiens sapiens..come on Guys ropes? lol..those words can only come out of the mouth of someone who can't see the bigger picture,or is trying to sway popular opinion..i say the latter!

There was a global civilisation that spoke one language and the many stuctures around the world were built by these individuals.Although some may vary slightly in style they all have the same hallmarks of the Annuna,heck they are even on Mars to name one!

How comes these places line up on the Earth energy grid and encompass advanced knowledge of the constellations/space and advanced sacred geometry and math,unknown at that time as MSM would have you believe?

These civilisations rose and fell,although those at the helm remain in place and are still in control of this planet covertly..we are in for the catastrophe soon, that will start this cycle all over again..Planet X.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Buddyman

I stared at the Sun a really long time tying to see Nibiru through the Sun, and everything went black. Must be Niburu, it was hiding behind the sun and it finally passed in front and is coming!

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The Inca themselves claimed it was "lifted" by them.

They were there. You were not.

Who to believe?

Harte

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
The Inca themselves claimed it was "lifted" by them.

They were there. You were not.

Who to believe?

Harte

Didn't you hear, Sitchin has found the error, the word does not mean "lifted", it means raised with special alien magnetic thingamajigies that were used 50,000 years ago and lost.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Buddyman
Thanks for the info OP!

All i can say is; these were not lifted by homo sapiens sapiens..come on Guys ropes? lol..those words can only come out of the mouth of someone who can't see the bigger picture,or is trying to sway popular opinion..i say the latter!

Oh, you have no idea how close to the truth you are. Onetime you're off on though is the ropes. See, to lift the stones into place, those puny Homo Sapiens Sapiens clearly needed help. Theres now way they could have done it and you and I both know its true. I think you just might be my scientific soul mate. I'm going to tell you exactly how they did it. Have you seen the old Tarzan movies from the 1930's? Remember those cool vinestarzan was always swinging on? Are you with me so far? oK... The puny humans living in S. America had access too elf the most amazing natural resources in the history of human civilization... New world monkeys. See they raised and bred these furry little people wannabes and once they were just the right size, they would tie Tarzan's vines to 1000's of their little helpers. Once the vines were in place the human overlords would let loose the Pumas which scared the ever lovin' Jesus out of their simian minions who then would proceed to run in unison as hard and fast as they could, thereby dragging the stones into place.

There was a global civilisation that spoke one language and the many stuctures around the world were built by these individuals.Although some may vary slightly in style they all have the same hallmarks of the Annuna,heck they are even on Mars to name one!

Well of course there is evidence of this on Mars... W sent MONKEYS into space well before any humans. Anybody that wants to dispute the science of this feel free to PM me and I will take you to frakking school boy.

How comes these places line up on the Earth energy grid and encompass advanced knowledge of the constellations/space and advanced sacred geometry and math,unknown at that time as MSM would have you believe?

Ok...this I have to disagree with you on so maybe we are NOT scientific soul mates because EVERYONE knows that monkeys invented math so it definitely was not unknown. Unknown maths... what kind of meds are you on?

These civilisations rose and fell,although those at the helm remain in place and are still in control of this planet covertly..we are in for the catastrophe soon, that will start this cycle all over again..Planet X.

Planet X my ass. Planet of the Apes is more like it. We are so not scientific soulmates anymore. I've never been so disappointed in my life.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Bravo!

Harte

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If the wall was not built as an exterior fortress wall to keep people out, then it missed its true calling. It looks to have been a massive undertaking.

What was once behind that wall that would have been so valuable to protect? The structures that are built behind those walls now are much less impressive craftsmanship than what would have been required to make such a perfectly-fitted wall out of massive boulders. I wonder how much has been dug up from the hillsides behind this wall.
edit on 11-8-2014 by BridgebyaFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
The Spanish took most of the stone of the site down to Cusco to build it. They might have noted and commented on the stones not being separated.

When somebody notes how "impossible" it would be to move certain large blocks of stone even with technology we have today, and they point out large stones scattered in ruined temples, I often think to myself, "Well, the people tearing the temple down to steal the stones didn't seem to have all that much trouble."

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

well yeah - but those guys were motivated.

edit on 11/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join