It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BF knocking sounds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hello fellow ats'ers

I have always been fascinated with the stories of bigfoot , and always had an open mind that they could exist, but after my weekend campout I'm over the top interested.

Let me start with the present.

I was camping with my friends at Paint Creek Horsemans Campground, an Ohio state park. We went there on thursday, july 3 for the long weekend. The weather could not have been better in ohio for the fourth of July. Paint creek horsemans campground is pretty much nothing but a gravel parking lot with 2 county water spigots. No electric. dead end road. pretty remote. but nice horse trails.

I have my own camper and sleep alone. this campout there was 3 campers and 6 people that night.

Although the weather was beautiful and low humidity, the nights went down into the 60's F so we all slept with our doors and windows open. We all have 'hardtops' and screened doors and windows.

Anyhow, thursday night I could not sleep worth a hoot. Mark was snoring so loud in the camper next door that it kept me awake. I'm just not used to that.

I was awoken from my half-assed slumber by a distinctive noise of wood knocking on wood. two times, very rhythmic. and very close to the campground. about 3 seconds later there was another wood on wood knocking sound much much farther away. again two times, very rhythmic. and that was all.. nothing dramatic. My cell phone read 3:04 am. The next morning it was clear no one else heard it. So now I'm the ridicule of the group.

I camp with my horses and friends almost every weekend during the summer. We get around, but Paint Creek is close and a favorite so we go there alot. I have lived in Ohio all my life, currently live in the country, and I have for several years worked outside treating Ash trees for emerald ash borer. My point being, I'm very familiar with local sounds, birds, wildlife, etc. I know the sound of a pileated woodpecker vs. a redhead.

NOW lets back up to March 2014. Our first campout of the year, late march we always start the season with my girlfriends birthday. We were walking our dogs in the evening down an old road that leads to what is known as pioneer village. it's basically a cute thing the state tried to build as a tourist attraction and it failed so it is abandoned now. We ran into an old man and his son metal detecting and got to chatting and the old man tentatively recounted this bizarre story of his bigfoot encounter in pioneer village. It was getting dark, and he said he wanted to get out of there by dark because close to dark last year, he was there alone and heard wood knocking sounds until he started up the lane, then the knocking sounds and also sounds of trees being broken followed him up the lane to the parking lot. An odd story for that part of america, I thought, but he seemed sincere. Even so, It was a bit of a joke with us, we even named a part of the horse trail 'the bigfoot trail'. But now I'm starting to wonder if the old man wasn't totally full of hot air....

So what ever I heard was not a natural sound. I have never heard anything like it. And I have dwelled on it since.

Lets say just because we haven't slaughtered and subjugated and imprisoned bigfoots (sasquatches ) , it doesn't follow that 'it can't exist'. I find myself thinking along the lines that they could very well be a species of Hominids that has existed for a very very long time.

Lets just pretend:
a. what if they are a species of Hominids with enough intelligence to avoid humans like the plague. ?
b. they know we (humans) want to hurt/kill/imprison them
c. why wouldn't they have the intelligence to communicate through noises as in wood knocking, mimicking wildlife sounds, perhaps even their own language?
d. who is to say they can't bury their own dead? which would explain why humans have never found a body. simple.
e. they are intelligent enough to make themselves invisible in the woods, as in stand still and look like a tree. (duh, sorry not that hard)
f. why couldn't they have enough intelligence to make- say - deer traps, nests, even trees/sticks set in specific configurations to communicate to other's of their species? similar to the old ways of the north american indians?

I'm not saying just because I heard a few knocks I'm a firm believer.
But it was interesting.
And it has encouraged me to do alot of researching.

- horseplay

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: horseplay

Intresing story , I don't deny that you heard something ..

But my question is when is the last time anything over 6 feet was discovered?
Alive..

Also , if these big foots exist
Then surly their would be some trace of their existence right?

Example the newly discover amazon tribes , there was signs of their inhabitants but nobody seemed to ever be able to tack them down and get footage.

And we are taking about a smaller group of beings ..
If you compair that to the amount of witness sightings of big boot.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

well, I'm new at researching this seriously.
I was mainly focused on wood knocking research like all day today at work, but since friday I have been obsessed with the thought that it could be possible.

I have to do some more digging, but haven't samples of hair been dna researched with no conclusive evidence?

If they are that smart and elusive, surely they can bury their poop? I can't see them leaving much in the way of evidence behind IF they are a species capable of reasoning?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but knocking in the woods is not going to make me think Sasquatch... There are plenty of explanations for knocking in the woods, mainly animals, then wind comes to mind, then trees breaking and snapping from constant pressure from gravity, decay, and again animals...

I'm not saying they don't exist, since the shear amount of reports suggest otherwise (much like UFOs and aliens), but.... knocking wood is just not going to cut it. If I hear knocking in my house, am I also to immediately assume ghost? If I'm out on a boat and I see the water splash up ahead, do I assume the Loch Ness monster? See where I'm going with this?

It's easy to jump to conclusions because you "want" to believe something, but 90% of the time there's a natural explanation.
edit on 7-7-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Sounds like he was giving a heads up to his buddies thet there's some of those pink skinned hairless midgets over here.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum
lol. most certainly not. My first thought was it was a holiday weekend and it was people messing around. but the simple close knocking then a far away knocking then nothing else got me to thinking. I even got up, smoked a cig. got some munchies, etc. kind of hoping to hear more.

don't get the wrong idea, I said I'm not falling into the 'oh i believe' category because of it. Sure it is fascinating. I believe in the 'paranormal' but only because of my personal experiences. not because of what someone else said.
It just got me thinking, 'what if'.

and it was not just limbs falling, etc. no wind that night very calm. and I know very well what limbs falling out of nowhere sound like. I have about 35 years of trail miles not to recognize that one.

I just don't see it being so far fetched anymore.
I don't see why it is out of the realm of possibilities really.
But I won't truly believe until I see it with my own eyes I suppose.

edit on 7-7-2014 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

If you do go into this thinking Bigfoot just be careful and don't let your mind run wild, it's possible that you heard a woodpecker or something like it.
If you do insist it could be a Bigfoot go back and look for tracks. Something that size is going to leave a mark. Also look for tree tipping: trees are pushed together in a teepee fashion. Some researchers think this may be a territorial marking behavior.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It was after 0300 hours? In the woods?

The ole 0300 hours thing......the time when evil comes out to play. It is alleged that Christ died at 1500 hours (3 p.m. to civilians)

Evil loves to mock Christ but they do fear him because they know him!

Not always but VERY frequently there is knocking or scratching prior to a spirit attack. It is their calling card the big boys use.

The little ones you can scare off with the name of Yeshua (Jesus). Its the big boys that are a battle. If you go head to head with these guys you better know what to do or you are a snack.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

If you do go into this thinking Bigfoot just be careful and don't let your mind run wild, it's possible that you heard a woodpecker or something like it.
If you do insist it could be a Bigfoot go back and look for tracks. Something that size is going to leave a mark. Also look for tree tipping: trees are pushed together in a teepee fashion. Some researchers think this may be a territorial marking behavior.

Birds rust at night and sleep including a woodpecker. Birds do not become active until first light.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

quite honestly I don't want to go looking. i'm content to entertain the thought they may exist and leave them alone.
I will be keeping my eyes open on the horse trails though. If I find anything interesting I will bring it back here.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I believe you probably did hear a Sasquatch. I've heard loud knocking sounds in the Kiamichi mountains late at night and there was no mistaking it for wind or others animals. It's loud and like you said "rhythmic" like taking a Louisville slugger to an oak tree.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

oh thank you for getting it !
my first thought was it was a form of simple communication as in...
I'm here, where are you?

then I got to dwelling on it. Who is not to say they have different wood tones for different things? like 'I'm over here' or 'Ive got dinner' or 'humans are over here' or... well you get the picture.

IF it is an intelligent species I don't see why they wouldn't have their own form of communication, verbal or not. Maybe the number of knocks means something. Maybe even the wood tone means something. So many factors. So interesting to consider the possibilities.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
I'm sorry, but knocking in the woods is not going to make me think Sasquatch... There are plenty of explanations for knocking in the woods, mainly animals, then wind comes to mind, then trees breaking and snapping from constant pressure from gravity, decay, and again animals...

Don't forget Bigfoot hunters. I keep imagining all these people out in the woods in different areas, hooting and knocking at each other, thinking the other group is a Bigfoot.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u
Evil loves to mock Christ but they do fear him because they know him!

I think it's more a question of mocking the believers, because they're so single-minded and tedious.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I would always say keep an open mind.

Im from the uk. I remember as a child the 'big cat' stories which were all dismissed by experts as rubbish...not enough food...not enough breading partners...too small a gene pool....poor weather....no place to hide.

well now its widely accepted there are wild cats living in the uk that are significantly larger than domestic cats.

so look at the size and population density of the uk then compare that to north america.

my point is that if 'large' cats can life an invisible life for a very long time in the confines of the uk, why cant a large man sized creature live in north america.

I would also add that our perceptions are often very very wrong...way too often we make judgements on how WE see and experience the world and preach it as fact.

would it be beyond the realms of possibility that a bigfoot may may be intelligent?

of course not - if it shares some of our traits then why not intelligence

now consider they are intelligent - they are raised and live in that environment, they know every sight sound and smell - why would a human EVER get close to them?

sometimes i think you guys in the US greatly underestimate the vast expanses of territory you have

top topics

join