It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Pakistani woman stoned to death by family

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

What the hell does owning a gun have to do with the poor pregnant woman who got stoned to death? Had she owned a gun she could've shot those S.O.B..

?
Owning a gun is a right and a privilege for all Americans. The settlers and founders knew the importance of people being able to own guns for the many reasons as to why people own them. Don't blame me because some "gang-banger" shot and killed a bunch of people. Don't blame me because some rich yuppie nut stabbed three people then shot a few. I'm a responsible gun owner, as is most people who possess a firearm. We're not responsible for the idiots. You argument is the same had you said that just because some drunk crashed into another car and killed somebody, that all cars should be banned. Argument denied.

edit on 29-5-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Thank you for your viewpoint, I am in complete agreement with everything you said.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

No your inability to comprehend my argument is ignorant. Go back and actually read the thread. Westboro has already been discussed. The situation in Pakistan where an entire family premeditated and killed their family member over what amounts to $1000 is not the same as Westboro hatred. Clearly not the same. There entire culture condoned this behavior. Dozens of bystanders including police watched this unfold and did nothing.

Now, you DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions
[Their] entire culture condoned this behavior. Dozens of bystanders including police watched this unfold and did nothing.

Now, you DENY IGNORANCE!

Thats because you dont understand a culture where social standing in a community trumps love for ones one child/sister.

You say their entire culture condoned this. Then why has the father been arrested?
Did you ask the entire culture for their opinion?
I assume the entire western culture condoned the war in Iraq and Afghanistan? The mass slaughter of hundreds of thousands of people.

This story has not one damn thing to do with religion and everything to do with tradition and culture and a messed up sense of honour.
Its is born out of ignorance and lack of education, just like the westboro baptist church, they are symptoms of exactly the same thing.
Now to then turn around and say its a problem with a religion, is truly ignorant. Not being able to see how ignorant that is
is your problem.

"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink."

Ignorance denied.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Religion is very much a contributing factor in Pakistan. The hatred put into minds of people by preachers who consider women as no more than slaves.

You are equating illiterate with ignorant. You are wrong. Moral values are largely received from religious teachings and even illiterate get that.

Pakistanis live in self-denial of the awful social structure in that country.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Yes the father was arrested, but they abide by the law of Diyet. This law says the dead victim can somehow forgive her father and he can be released. It is common. Just like the pregnant woman's husband had killed his previous wife and was free.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

Doesn't India have a caste system?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

And why Indian Muslims have a caste system?

I know a lot more about Muslims than you may assume. I live and work with them everyday.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

So it's only the Muslims who have a caste system in India?

Not according to this.

en.wikipedia.org...

I just think a caste system is wrong and also illegal.

Hindus also kill because of it.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

My point is Indian Muslims and even Indian Sikhs practice some form of caste system when it is not there in their religion.

Similarly Hindus have caste system but there is no caste system in Vedic religion.

Caste system is borne out of ignorance and arrogance.

What is happening in Pakistan is also borne out of ignorance and arrogance.

The status of women is a real sticky issue in Islam. No revisionism can hide that fact.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Myself being an American am appalled by this course of action taken by her family as it is wrong on a fundamental level(killing another living person is not right need I say more). If we can stop oppressing ourselves and putting humanity through such attrition and unite together -as a people- we can become an ideal civilization.

As the Japanese say "Shikata ga nai" (It cant be helped) there is nothing we can do but talk. Unless someone takes action to liberate the people of the Middle East from (perceived) tyranny. ->America< -Great place to live, Gotta tolerate the BS

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FALIAS

The problem is we wouldn't be liberating them. This is how they live. We would just be forcing our way of life on them. They don't want our help as we are the "great Satan." They choose to live like this and as much as it disgusts us there is nothing we can do. I think they are backwoods inbreds who shouldn't procreate. But my vote doesn't count.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

The thing with fundamental Islam is that it deliberately keeps people uneducated as a form of entrapment.

I have met in the work place educated and very much western muslims who are reasonable, logical and very decent people. I used to work with a qualified gemologist from India who was also a muslim. He repeatedly said the problem with these nations like pakistan is the total lack of education.

Somehow here in the west we need to cultivate educated and enlightened Muslims who can go back to these dark dens of hate and ignorance to give spiritual and practical guidance on how to break free from their cycle of misery whike still retaining the faith they hold in such high esteem.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions
a reply to: 3u40r15m

I disagree, there is no way to rationalize this. She should have quietly snuck out in the night and left her insane culture in its literal dust.

Lol, couldn't have said it any better myself.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy
This story has not one damn thing to do with religion and everything to do with tradition and culture ...

.... which is based upon the religion. In this case, the religion was an excuse. The father tried to blackmail his daughter before he slaughtered her. Misogyny at it's worst.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yes. Read this story that was in the news this morning -
Policemen Among Three Arrested for Raping and Killing Two Teenage Sisters in India
It'll make your skin crawl.
I'm VERY glad I live in the USA and not in either Pakistan or India.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: OneManArmy
This story has not one damn thing to do with religion and everything to do with tradition and culture ...

.... which is based upon the religion. In this case, the religion was an excuse. The father tried to blackmail his daughter before he slaughtered her. Misogyny at it's worst.

Yes I can agree with that, because its 100% accurate.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yes. Read this story that was in the news this morning -
Policemen Among Three Arrested for Raping and Killing Two Teenage Sisters in India
It'll make your skin crawl.
I'm VERY glad I live in the USA and not in either Pakistan or India.

Right because India and Pakistan is were a women is raped every 2 minutes ..uh thats USA
Maybe because its India and Pakistan were 1 in every 5 is sexually assaulted , oh wait..thats USA
Maybe because IN America rapists are actually punished , oh wait...97% of em get away with rape

There are a lot of things everywhere which would make your skin crawl , selective Xenophobia is bad and its post like your which makes my skin crawl , whats worse is ignoring the social issues in your own country and going on a tirade against Pakistanis and Indians ..
edit on 30-5-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join