It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Pakistani woman stoned to death by family

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions
What kind of person can murder one of their own family members? Seriously, the psychological state of these people really disturbs me. It's not like it is just a few crazy people here and there. The article makes it clear that it happens quite often. Once is too often if you ask me.

As a non-American I feel the same exact way about Americans given all the random shootings in schools, universities, theatres etc. It happens way too often. Remove the plank from your own eye. But I guess I'm going to hear the 'guns dont kill people' song again.n

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
If people want to blame Islam they have to also blame all religion.
You think that it is only Muslims who do honor killings?

www.worldbulletin.net...

How many religious refuse medical treatment for their poorly kids?
Religion is the problem and any of them can make good people do evil things.

+6 more 
posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

As a non-Chinese I feel the same exact way about Chinese given all the random stabbings in schools, markets, bus stops etc. It happens way too often. Remove the plank from your own eye. But I guess I'm going to hear the 'knivess dont kill people' song again.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I've also noticed the article never mentions Islam. It only mentions honor killing. The world is too worried about offending someone that it leaves key facts out of news, etc.

Or the author could be somewhat impartial.

First lets agree that all violence especially murder is horrific, regardless of the reason, the crime is the same. Doesnt matter if its an "honor killing" in a 3rd world nation or because some dude in CA felt rejected by random girls.

But to address your post, there is a cultural aspect to "honor killings".

Why Are Hindu Honor Killings Rising in India?

Nirupama Pathak, 22, a New Delhi–based journalist, was allegedly murdered by her own mother. Her crime? She had wanted to marry a fellow journalist who belongs to a lower caste — and she was pregnant.

In India, honor killings are shockingly frequent in villages in the northern and northwestern parts of the country...

But you wont hear about these because it doenst fit the agenda.

I do find it interesting that anytime a Moslem commits a crime, they are immediately labeled by their religion regardless of any other factor: race, nationality, geographical location, extenuating circumstances etc.

When is any other group (besides the Jews) generalized or implicated solely by their faith? They're not.

edit on 28-5-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

As a non-Chinese I feel the same exact way about Chinese given all the random stabbings in schools, markets, bus stops etc. It happens way too often. Remove the plank from your own eye. But I guess I'm going to hear the 'knivess dont kill people' song again.

that reinforces my point that the different people perceive different cultures in their ways. Its subjective opinion not objective fact.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

"I killed my daughter as she had insulted all of our family by marrying a man without our consent, and I have no regret over it," Mujahid, the police investigator, quoted the father as saying.

↑↑↑↑↑

There's the problem right there. Cattle are treated better than women in fundamental Islam.

Christianity and secular Judaism gave up this sort of practice long ago. Arranged marriages are not the problem, the attitude toward non compliance is.

Here in the west, we'd just disown the girl if what she did was that offensive, we sure would not stone her and her unborn child to death. How could a man about to a grandfather kill his unborn grand kid?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

I've also noticed the article never mentions Islam. It only mentions honor killing. The world is too worried about offending someone that it leaves key facts out of news, etc.

I do find it interesting that anytime a Moslem commits a crime, they are immediately labeled by their religion regardless of any other factor: race, nationality, geographical location, extenuating circumstances etc.

a lot of times, the intention behind these killings have nothing to do with the religion its always pinned on. A lot of cultures both muslim and non muslim, take female chastity extremely seriously. Even in big cities. Pregnancy outside of marriage is a serious issue and results in shame for the entire family and in some cases loss of lives, through killings and suicides. This can happen even outside of the context of religion. Promiscuity and pregnacy outside of marriage may be no big deal for Americans, but other cultures see these matters very differently.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Differently enough to murder their own.
It is wrong and barbaric I just hope people who want to do what they want to do in their own lives can escape the middle age barbaric honour killings.
Same goes for any country accepting the death penalty..barbarism.

+5 more 
posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n
Its subjective opinion not objective fact.

No. It's an objective fact that this pregnant young woman and her unborn child were murdered because of religion. And yes, it all boils back to extremist religion.

The death penalty is barbaric. Smashing a pregnant womans head in, and then having no regrets, is barbaric. The attitude of the freak'n idiot men towards the women is an attitude of neanderthal knuckle draggers.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MinangATS

Some people could say oh it is a Muslim thing. I say it is a Middle east cultural thing. My wife is from Indonesia (the most populous Muslim country), and I have never seen that kind of attitude, except for those who are trying to copy Saudi culture.

That's true.....it's part of Arabic culture more than the religion. The two have become intertwined so much with Saudi Petro Dollars funding Madrassas elsewhere in the Muslim world, it's hard to tell the difference. The exportation of Saudi Wahhabism is the root of much of the death and destruction around the world.
edit on 28-5-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
it's part of Arabic culture more than the religion.

... and the culture is based on the religion. The two can't be separated. Saying 'it's the culture so don't blame the religion' doesn't cut it. It's all together in one hot mess. And anyone who isn't horrified by this is also a mess.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
They do far worse than stoning women to death. Genital mutilation known as female circumcision, acid to the face, and honor killings just for liking some boy that wasn't arranged.

Really, I'm surprised they didn't tear her unborn child from her womb and hack it to bits with a scimitar and feed it to the dogs right in front of her dying eyes, then chop up the dogs and feed the dogs to the pigs.

All this with the complete approval of their religious leaders, friends, family and neighbors.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: pavil
it's part of Arabic culture more than the religion.

... and the culture is based on the religion. The two can't be separated. Saying 'it's the culture so don't blame the religion' doesn't cut it. It's all together in one hot mess. And anyone who isn't horrified by this is also a mess.

Islam has a bad track record for the maltreatment of people in the 21st century.

11-yr-old set on fire for wearing lipstick in Jaipur Swati Vashishta / CNN-IBN

Sat, Oct 18,2008 BURNT OVER LIPSTICK: Doctors say Nazmeen’s condition continues to be critical.

Jaipur: Eleven-year-old Nazmeen can barely speak. She suffered 99 per cent burn injuries after her neighbour set her on fire – all because she dared to wear lipstick.

Nazmeen was attacked by the man she called nana(grandfather). On Friday, Saleem told the little girl not to wear lipstick. When she defied him,in a fit of rage he allegedly molested her before pouring kerosene on her and setting her on fire.

“He was beating me and when I saidthat Iwould complain to my father,he started abusing him. Please punish him,”says Nazmeen.

Girl burnt for wearing lipstick

Source

A 42-year-old Buddhist teacher on her way to school in southern Thailand on Friday was targeted and shot twice in the head, then doused in gasoline and set on fire by suspected Muslim insurgents.

The woman taught English and was riding her motorcycle to work when the gunman — who was riding his own motorbike — fired off the shots to her head, said police Maj. Gen. Pete Susysuwan, in The Associated Press. Other suspected insurgents then helped to set her body on fire, police said.

Source

It's not the culture, it's the religion.

Even in quiet little New Zealand a young Muslim girl was set alight while at work in a shell service station in the early 2000's because she spurned the attention of a muslim boy.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

No. It's an objective fact that this pregnant young woman and her unborn child were murdered because of religion. And yes, it all boils back to extremist religion.

and its an objective fact that all those kids were shot because of laws allowing people to own guns. Whether its religion or secular law....or whether its bullets or stones...killing is killing. So if you want to go after religion for deaths, you need to go after gun laws for the same reason....deaths.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

The death penalty is barbaric.

highly debateable. Its strange you say that and then complain about the unborn ....especially when America sentenced millions of unborns to death through abortion. But I'm sure you see killing unborns who were concieved in normal circumstances as perfectly normal.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Differently enough to murder their own.
I read plenty of articles about Americans killing their own, sometimes their entire families. When an American goes on a killing spree, its ''oh he had issues''. When a muslim kills someone for ANY reason, its ''Islam bad!''.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Abortion is not murder.
Why is the death penalty debatable? It is Barbarism.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

If the guy kills his family because of his religion of course either the religion or that persons view on his religion is wrong.
I don't think anyone would say "oh he just had issues" he is obviously mentally ill, the difference is the people doing the honour killings are doing it because their culture/religion has taught them to do it and it is right.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

The death penalty is barbaric.

highly debateable. Its strange you say that and then complain about the unborn ....especially when America sentenced millions of unborns to death through abortion. But I'm sure you see killing unborns who were concieved in normal circumstances as perfectly normal.

Not all of us are pro abortion. I personally would rather see a child born and given up for adoption than aborted as a form of birth control. That being said, it's not up to me to pass judgement on a woman who chooses to terminate her pregnancy as I do not know her back story,

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

But I'm sure you see killing unborns who were concieved in normal circumstances as perfectly normal.

What an incredibly stupid thing to say. I've been VERY clear that I"m pro life. I'm agains the death penalty. I"m against abortion unless the life of the mother is in danger. Stop insinuating lies.

This Pakistani woman was murdered. So was her unborn child. And they were murdered because of religion. It's detestable. And it's disgusting that anyone could defend the actions of her murderers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join