It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Lies About 7.1 Million Obamacare Sign-Ups – Study Shows Only 858,000 Newly Insured Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
A triumphant President Barack Obama declared Tuesday his signature medical insurance overhaul a success, saying it has made America’s health care system ‘a lot better’ in a Rose Garden press conference.

But buried in the 7.1 million enrollments he announced in a heavily staged appearance is a more unsettling reality.

Numbers from a RAND Corporation study that has been kept under wraps suggest that barely 858,000 previously uninsured Americans – nowhere near 7.1 million – have paid for new policies and joined the ranks of the insured by Monday night.

www.dailymail.co.uk... -questions-remain-whos-signing-up.html

www.dailymail.co.uk... -questions-remain-whos-signing-up.html

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Insured and Enrolled have two separate meanings....

Regards,

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

SirKonstantin

Regards,

Correct. But in some circles that is called a "sleight of hand" move, and seems to be a common tactic by this "transparent" administration.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

True. And "transparency" is only what we can see, the obvious fact that nothing is what it seems.

...if Only the Government can Be Just Str8-Up Truthful....

Regards,

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Semantics is a religion to Govt. Especially with this Admin.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I am so seriously saddened that this country is becoming known as a weak toothless empty threat making joke that is run by a narcistic liar.

I hope its funny, if there is still an America in 20 years, that when polical funny men make presidential parodies, you'll hear, "it depeneds on what the meaning of 'is' is" and "I did not have sexual relations to that woman" to "read my lips, no new tax's" and "fool me once, cant cant fool me again" to "if you like your doctor you can keep 'em" "we are opposing them with strong financial sanctions"

is sad sad days when your leader is best known for his bold face lies

sad
edit on 3-4-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Aliensun

SirKonstantin

Regards,

Correct. But in some circles that is called a "sleight of hand" move, and seems to be a common tactic by this "transparent" administration.
"Sleight of hand" seems to be a common tactic with politicians in general.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Uh, no, just no. How in the hell do you think that since last year, less than a million people signed up. That is the dumbest thing I have read yet. The numbers in the first 2 months were higher than that In fact this past week in the news paper here in So Cali 1000's signed up just last week.
edit on 3-4-2014 by kurthall because: added

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
While there's a difference between 'enrolled' and 'paid subscriber', lying to the people who pay your salary and are depending on you for their safety should be punishable as treason.

No excuses, 'it's for their own good' or anything else. We can't deal with reality until we know what it is, and it's very much past time that Americans acted like adults; that means not believing in imaginary sky friends, growing up, and forcing the complete unequivocal exposure of all state secrets. No more 'Top Secret' stamped on millions of pieces of paper every year and getting away with the excuse of 'national security'. If national security were really the issue, the formulas and techniques for building atomic weapons would never have been made public. No more voting for 'hope and changey' politicians who continue the same lies after their inauguration as the last incompetent brain-damaged liar.

What do you think they're hiding by making all the information about the Kennedy assassination put on ice for 75 years? There can't be any good reason except to protect the guilty. Your tax dollars are going into the coffers of Halliburton and who knows how many other war mongers. Don't you want more of a say into how your money is spent? Money that you actually had to work for, not like these sociopaths?

It doesn't take much stepping back and looking hard at reality to come to the conclusion that we're being treated like stupid sheep and the 'useless eaters' that they call us when they're not on camera. It's time to form Citizen's Grand Juries with the full force of law and punishment and get started trying people for war crimes and theft of the national treasury, as well as every other violation of the Constitution they've cheerfully enacted since 2001?

Sorry, off-topic. Sorta.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
as usual, with the right-wing, the "distortion"...even if this is the number, which I doubt....the post says "PAID"......Obama did not say that 7.1 million people have.......PAID.......for healthcare, he said they have signed up.....the OP passed the test for working at FOX NEWS

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Numbers can tell you what ever they want if you know how to make the numbers look good for you.

Lets see 7.1 million- a couple million that lost their insurance because of Obama Care, lets subtract all the family's that have kids on their own insurance that are under the age of 26, oh and lets not forget all the new Medicaid/ Medicare enrollee's. So I guess the real number is less than 1

Like I said anyone can make the numbers look good but they are not going to tell us the truth about how many really signed up and PAID.

There is a big difference between SIGNING up and PAYING.

This whole Obama care thing is a JOKE

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Huge success for sure !!

Even the 30 million *Still* un-insured would agree.

The low hanging fruit will rot away and disappear soon, and then what?

And what will the government do for people who will be getting cancelled in the next 6 months?

The exchanges are closed until when?

Hip Hip Hooray !!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Obama's implied claim is that over 7 million Americans, that were previously without any medical coverage, now posses coverage.

That is downright false, completely and utterly untrue. The administration's wording is very clever so that they aren't outright lying. But what they are actually saying, and what the dumb idiots in this country hear, are two different things.

Obama says what he says, he actually means 7 million people registered on a website. Nothing about anybody getting insurance, getting coverage, whether or not they used to have coverage, etc. Nothing like that.

Dumb Idiots hear: 7 million uninsured people now have medical insurance!

When will people stop falling for these tricks? All administrations, all partys, they all use these tricks. People are just so mind numbingly stupid they can't actually hear what is being said, they hear what they THINK is being said.

Stop being led. I'm done being pissed at politicians, now I'm furious at my fellow Americans who have allowed their mind to atrophy to the point of being tricked so easily. We got two jokers in this thread already defending Obama. 300 million idiots do a lot more damage than a few thousand evil men.
edit on 3-4-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

James1982
Obama's implied claim is that over 7 million Americans, that were previously without any medical coverage, now posses coverage.

That is downright false, completely and utterly untrue. The administration's wording is very clever so that they aren't outright lying. But what they are actually saying, and what the dumb idiots in this country hear, are two different things.

Obama says what he says, he actually means 7 million people registered on a website. Nothing about anybody getting insurance, getting coverage, whether or not they used to have coverage, etc. Nothing like that.

Dumb Idiots hear: 7 million uninsured people now have medical insurance!

When will people stop falling for these tricks? All administrations, all partys, they all use these tricks. People are just so mind numbingly stupid they can't actually hear what is being said, they hear what they THINK is being said.

Stop being led. I'm done being pissed at politicians, now I'm furious at my fellow Americans who have allowed their mind to atrophy to the point of being tricked so easily. We got two jokers in this thread already defending Obama. 300 million idiots do a lot more damage than a few thousand evil men.
edit on 3-4-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

Quite right!

The problem here is people treat the words that are created by staff writers, vetted by staff, vetted by lawyers, altered by staff writers, vetted by staff, vetted by lawyers all in an effort to say nothing factual, as an absolute truth of some sort.

The RAND corporation is a pretty curious group. They are not the Fox news type of fly by night grass roots organization. They tend to educated people oddly enough. I'd say that what they say, without a vested interest, is probably more "truth" then "Hey, we have 70 million all registered today for flights to the moon as I promised."

Politicians only lie, so why treat the lies as if they are truth? Oh, sorry, politicians all parse the truth after vetting the language with their legal staff to determine of something said can be really seen as truth in a court of law.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The Proud.

The Few.....

The "Insured".

Election 2014.

It’s a great day to be a Democrat.

President Obama said his fellow Democrats should "be proud" of their efforts to pass Obamacare. That would include its effects of canceling plans, cutting workers' hours, raising premiums and losing doctors.

Obama: 'Be Proud' of Higher Premiums, Lost Doctors and False Promises

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
You people do KNOW that half of what Mr Obama says is fed to him by his "people".

Do you think he is the one who sits there and counts these registrations himself?

Blame yourselves for voting!! Blame yourselves for letting it happen. Don't blame others for your own ineptitude!!

I suppose its easier to blame others....you got what you asked for!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
So we have created the biggest piece of legislation in US history so that we can net an increase of 1/3 of 1 percent in people with health coverage?

Epic.

join