It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Girl Barred From School for Shaving Her Head to Support Friend With Cancer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

This is complete and utter bullsnip!!! Does the school allow male students to attend with shaved heads?

This child should be allowed to attend school with a shaved head, regardless of why she shaved it.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Doesn anyone have access ot the dress code?

Id like to read it but cant google for it and the schools website is down.

I wonder what other insane little gems might be in there.
edit on b5858414 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Was this a public or private school? My guess would be private, but I don't know for sure. The dress codes of some schools are absolutely ridiculous. I graduated high school in 2004, and I remember how they made everyone tuck in their shirts and wear a belt. What is the point of something like this? And no facial hair whatsoever. No long hair, etc. I just don't understand how any of that affects learning or how the administrators and teachers do their jobs.

So this sounds like a similar case. I remember people used to get into trouble for violating the dress code when I was in school. Some were suspended after multiple infractions if I remember correctly. And if they are going to ban the girl, why reverse the decision after public outcry? Either they need to change the rules, or stand behind their rules, and deal with the consequences from the public. Which I hope would be many.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

In a statement to 9News.com, Catherine Norton Breman, president and Chair of the academy's board of directors, said the dress code "was created to promote safety, uniformity, and a non-distracting environment for the school's students. Under this policy, shaved heads are not permitted."

In Other Words , a Communistic Thought Process by Liberal Teachers Squashing Any Dissent of Indivdual Expression by Students . Is this Still America , Home of the FREE and the BRAVE or Not ?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I always noticed how well behaved we all were and paid better attention when we had "ware what you like day for a pound" to fund school weekend fates and things from time to time.

Happy kids free to express themselves really made quite a difference. I know i liked it.
edit on b4545542 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

seeker1963
Makes me wonder if this whole "ZERO Tolerance" Bullsnip is nothing more than an experiment for anyone in a position of authority to make stupid and illogical decisions in the name of thinking "Just how much will they allow us to get away with!".

This "Just how much will they allow us to get away with!" seems to be the policy for the whole country. Too big to fail/prosecute, domestic foreign murders, liberty destroying "laws"/police, zero tolerance (zero intelligence) policies.

It appears the entire government/bureaucratic system at every level has gone bats**t crazy.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Do the mail teachers shave their faces?

The hair is part of a persons physical body, the schools should have zero concern as to how the kids wear their hair!

We hear about "Zero tollerance", well, how about Zero tollerance to interference of our private lives?

Those of you who think she should have asked permission are already brainwashed! She should NEVER need to ask permission when it concerns her own body!

Tell the schools to BUTT OUT OF OUR PRIVATE LIVES.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The PC police. Gaining more and more influence/power by the day.

Just because some people akin shavin heads, especially with a female, to neo-nazism its deemed inapropiate.

ETA: liberals and progressives will be our downfall, not technology.
Smh (shake my head)
edit on 25-3-2014 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

HomerinNC
WHY was she banned???

Why are retards running our school system?

Because people haven't figured out yet that

1) there really aren't any requirements for running for the school board or school superintendent - anyone can do the job
2) few people actually VOTE for these positions, the turnout is amazingly low
3) you don't actually have to campaign, just get some networking going. I don't think I've ever seen so much as a newspaper ad for these positions, much less any tv or radio time
4) the same old farts keep being put back in these positions because no one cares
5) a determined group of people can knock these guys out and replace the entire board AND the super in one shot

If you can get a group of parents with a common goal to blitzkreig the school board, you can get what you want in the schools, and make some side money too. Even if you don't manage it, it's an eyeopener for the incumbents. As is, they don't feel that they have to answer to anyone.
edit on 25-3-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If your child's school thinks they have some authority to dictate how kids cut, or don't cut their hair, shave etc..... I would say if you don't pull your kid out of that stupid ass school you are an idiot. I thought it was bad enough we had a bit of a dress code, to make sure the bangers weren't sporting their colors on campus, but then I see crap like this? I suppose a school like that would have had an issue with my blood red hair and goatee I sported back in the day. Oh and my wallet dogchain would probably be labelled a deadly weapon and have me arrested lol. Such nonsense control freaks running schools.
edit on Tue, 25 Mar 2014 23:00:29 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thats a good kid right there.
/shavehead

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So if a child has cancer, gets treatment, has their hair fall out, what, they get suspended?

It seems the Bill of Rights and the US constitution stops at the school gate!

A whole school of little drones standing in rows and columns like little toy soldiers, minus anything that looks like a weapon, including Pizza.

That time of watering the Tree of Liberty is getting closer and closer.

P

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

pheonix358
So if a child has cancer, gets treatment, has their hair fall out, what, they get suspended?

It seems the Bill of Rights and the US constitution stops at the school gate!

A whole school of little drones standing in rows and columns like little toy soldiers, minus anything that looks like a weapon, including Pizza.

That time of watering the Tree of Liberty is getting closer and closer.

P

I was just thinking the SAME THING.
The girl with the cancer, will she be suspended too? Or was she?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Greetings and Hallucinations, My Lord Emporer! Thanks for posting. Didn't know there was a foundation that does this to raise money for victims of that monsterous disease. Gets pretty hot here in Colorado in the Summer. Just might get me a sponsor sheet and get streaminlined myself for a good cause. As noted from your snappy avatar pic, you seem pretty bereft of mammalian onboard cranial garnishment yourself!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Ronald Reagan was a progressive.......It has been a long line of tyranny in this country. I seem to remember Reagan granting amnesty.......Hmmm maybe more things that we think are true end up being lies......Hmm.

Carter=Reagan=Bush=Clinton=Bush Jr=Obama=the next face of the progressive movement. Heck I could have gone back farther then this but I hope I made my point to at least one mind.......It is all lies.
edit on 26-3-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Sorry but the knee jerk reaction on this site anymore is to blame everything on Obama or the progressive movement.

Zero tolerance was conceived and implemented by the far right wing. Own it its a failure and a affront to a free republic as most right wing policies are.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The school in question is a Charter Public School.

Their board of directors determined the dress code, and the board is elected by the parents funding the school.

The dress code is equal for both girls and boys, neither sex can "shave" their head.

If a student gets a disease and they "loose" their hair as a result, it is not the same thing as choosing to "shave" it.

No "Shaved" heads is the policy for both sexes, and agreement with this policy is required for the Charter school acceptance of a student.

Exceptions can be made (and were made after the initial discussion was made public). Since it is a Charter school, they make their own rules for student acceptance/continuation.

You do not have to agree with it, and you can send your child to a public non-Charter school in the Mesa County School District.

The point is, the rules were set, agreed upon and subsequently broken; the initial decision was "by the book"; when overwhelming sediment towards overturning the ruling was manifested, the board of directors agreed with the sediment and changed their policy to allow it.

Sounds like the correct way to follow the rules and also compromise when it is the best thing to do, like this situation warranted.

This is not a government thing, a liberal thing or a conservative thing, or even a Colorado State thing. It is the parent paying for the Charter school's thing, and they chose this dress code as was their right and they chose to make this exception for the girl in question as was also their right.

God Bless,
edit on 26-3-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Do they also ban students with Cancer treatment effects?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

kathat
Do they also ban students with Cancer treatment effects?

The dress code is equal for both girls and boys, neither sex can "shave" their head.

If a student gets a disease and they "loose" their hair as a result, it is not the same thing as choosing to "shave" it.

No "Shaved" heads is the policy for both sexes, and agreement with this policy is required for the Charter school acceptance of a student."

As I posted above. The answer to your question is NO.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join