It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSH - The Trees/Xanadu Live 1981 - Special 2023 Laserdisc Restoration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Guess this will be my final Rush thread on ATS so for any Rush fans remaining check this one out , Rush perform The Trees transiting into Xanadu in this 1981 performance taken from a laserdisk recording , youtuber StickHits has spent months remastering the audio and a damn fine job of it he's done too.

as I tend to sink an ungodly amount of time in to these videos, this one to a horrifying degree due to this performance's importance to myself and the community and the fact that restoring the audio was the most difficult and complex task to date. (I have spent 2.5 months on this new ESL project, and almost seven days a week lol)

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Awesome !

Thanks for posting, and kudos to the dude for the remastering.

Seen lots of big shows there at the old Montreal Forum, but I think I saw that tour in Toronto.

I can't be sure, as it's a frickin long time ago, and I'm an old billy-goat now.

Probably plenty of my old buds there during that recording tho !

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I don't remember this ever being on laserdisc? At least Sears never carried it? I did have Pink Floyd at Pompeii and my favorite Escape from New York. I must have watched that movie 100 time or more. All laserdisc's where was giant CD's not giant DVD's.

Also I don't know why it would only be 18 minutes also?
edit on 17-5-2024 by RobRocket because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm going to watch this tonight on the home system - thanks for posting!

join