It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye ATS.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Take it easy Dude. I’m glad to read you have been reaping what you sow. 🤙

a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

Thank you so much Dalamax.

You know i respect you, and you helping me along in that crazy time. That was the day after and i was on one heck of an adrenaline rush as you well know. You kept me going always seemingly at the time when i needed it most. I dont think you realise how much your posts helped me, but help me they did.

Like i posted elsewhere...
"opinions and assholes, everyone's got one and some people resemble theirs"

A line i'll never forget.

This is not goodbye, i hope you're a member of D.I.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Ah, one of my most favorite movies scenes of all time!!!

Tears in the rain!

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Such a damn good movie ....

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

a reply to: putnam6

One of my favorite scenes ever from a movie and after reading the comments in the thread it seemed appropriate for whats happening here.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Yeah, totally agree! The whole thread could have ended right there!

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LetsGoViking

So long, farewell, we hardly knew ye!

Ah but yiz did really.

I am the member SecretKnowlege, just couldnt log back in on that account.

I had crows flying around in my signature

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Do we not have a millionaire member who can keep it going?

After the 2021 freedom of speech on the Internet is very bad. To protest against injections is to lose advertisers. Lose advertisers - close the site. Ultimately, the last seeds of dissent will disappear from the Internet and nothing will remain. Then millionaires had to read СNN

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

a reply to: putnam6

One of my favorite scenes ever from a movie and after reading the comments in the thread it seemed appropriate for whats happening here.

Most definitely... might have to watch the Bladerunner double feature tonight

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Blade Runner was my most favorite movie. When it first came out in '82, I was a physics student at the Univ. of Utah. Within the first 10 minutes of this show I felt I was seeing the future of our society. I loved everything about the show...and then the ending with the "Tears in the Rain" scene just was the icing on the cake. It said everything we needed to know.

There was so much symbolism, and so much diversity; I really don't think most people understand this program to this day.

I really think the 2nd film built on the first (symbology wise), but I don't think most understood BR2 without fully digesting the original BR. So many people got caught up in 'Racheal', and missed the larger "picture". Sean Young was indeed a beautiful woman, but the movie wasn't about her, but rather a larger concept.

Recently, we've had some threads here about Artificial Intelligence (A.I.), and I've weighed in on these threads in a large way. I know this concept, more than I would like to admit. Blade Runner was the first film to show the end-game of this, and the paradoxes presented by such a concept (BUT only one).

Ridley Scott was a brilliant director for this film. He saw something I saw back in the same day. Sure, it's a fantasy film, but again, the symbology is remarkable.

edit on 5/18/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I haven't posted as much as I could have in 16.5 years, but it's been a good time here. I've read a lot of interesting things here. Heck I've been a member on this site longer than I've been married. Shame to see it go.

posted on May, 19 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Keep up the good fight SK.

I’ll be at DI when ATS shuffles off this mortal coil.

Cya there

posted on May, 19 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...

I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

All those moments... will be lost in time,... like tears in rain...

Time to die."

And a bit of Blade Runner trivia here, for those unaware...

The final cut of the monologue by Roy Batty (Hauer) in the movie was a extemporaneous deviation from the actual script. Rutger Hauer felt the actual line didn't jibe well with the movie's theme, so when the cameras rolled he gave his own version of the now famous monologue.

The actual scripted version of this scene was...

"I've seen things... seen things you little people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion bright as magnesium... I rode on the back decks of a blinker and watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments... they'll be gone."

Imagine how anticlimactic THAT would have been! When the scene cut, the film crew erupted into applause at Hauer's version, and thus Scott left it in the final cut of Blade Runner.

posted on May, 19 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Blade Runner and Aliens at the time of release was how I thought the future was going to look, and I thought the directors were visionaries.
That scene in Blade Runner made Rudger Hauer one of favorite actors, but he never really reached that same level again. There's not many movies out there were a scene holds some much gavitas as that one, as it also holds true to the human experience in my opinion.

posted on May, 19 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Keep up the good fight SK.

I’ll be at DI when ATS shuffles off this mortal coil.

Cya there

Great stuff, we shall continue our journy's there my friend

posted on May, 19 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   
ATS is saved! It was renewed for another year.

edit on 19-5-2024 by Hakaiju because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join