It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An AI-controlled fighter jet took the Air Force leader for a historic ride

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I do know. And the Navy has been using missiles to stop the missiles in the Middle East.

The problem with manned aircraft having protection is that, if this system overloads electronics and forces them to reboot, everything on manned aircraft, including the flight controls, is computer controlled. So if it works as claimed, it would cause any modern aircraft to simply fall out of the sky, manned or not.

We do have HPMs that have been developed, but they aren’t capable of being used against mobile systems.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: rickymouse

I do know. And the Navy has been using missiles to stop the missiles in the Middle East.

The problem with manned aircraft having protection is that, if this system overloads electronics and forces them to reboot, everything on manned aircraft, including the flight controls, is computer controlled. So if it works as claimed, it would cause any modern aircraft to simply fall out of the sky, manned or not.

We do have HPMs that have been developed, but they aren’t capable of being used against mobile systems.

Ok, the military and navy were using Leonidas technology to knock down drones, not missiles. Just looked up the article, I thought it was effective against missiles but evidently it was used against drones...it never mentioned missiles in the article, that was my assumption. It is electromagnetic technology that knocks out the link to the remotes. They could easily install those on a jet, enough energy could be created to power a burst to wipe out drones.

I did lots of research on electronics neutralization by energy bursts years ago. I suppose the military jets have surge suppressant technology on them to eliminate the need to reset the system. I did read an article a few years ago that Commercial jets had the surge automatic reset, which took less than a half minute to cycle somewhere, not a threat to the people on the jet because of the short time. This was in relation to flying through a thunderstorm and static charges building up on the jet which effected some stuff.

A static charge flew off of the nosecone when I was flying down to Arizona years back, it was like a lightning bolt and it hit one of the engines and they shut it down. We were flying around some storm clouds. Never forget that, the stewardess was asking me if I needed anything when it hit the engine...she flew up and wound up in my lap with her arms around my neck. She apologized repeatedly and I got lots of free drinks on the rest of the flight. The pilot gave the explanation over the intercom as to what happened and how it was no threat. When we landed, we had to go to a parking lot and sit there, two fire trucks and a bunch of airport cars were there inspecting the engine before we were allowed to proceed to the terminal. We were there half an hour almost. I should have been thanking the cute stewardess for landing in my lap, she did not have to apologize to me.

I suppose a military Jet costs more than a commercial jet, so they got that covered somehow.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join