It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll - Catholic Support Swings to Trump By Significant Margin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Which part is true?

Come election morning I'm sure the reality will be rather apparent when the woman voters say their piece at the ballot boxes.

Then it will be all fake news, butthurt all over the place, the votes were fixed nonsense i should imagine just like last time around.

But it won't change the colour of your day any more than it did last time.

Same old crap slightly different wrapping paper really.

Have a good'yin.
edit on 5-5-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Which part is true?

a reply to: andy06shake
The circular argument part.

I just feel like some big points is being missed here, not neccessarily with you but with the broader discussion around abortion.
Point 1-there is, and was no "ban". The media reports a "ban" after 12 weeks, well to me that's not a "ban".
Point 2-everyone knew that eventually the Dobbs case, Roe v Wade would be overturned because abortion is not in the constitution as a right. For abortion to be a legal right it would need to come from congress and those cowards do nothing but campaign on the issue.
Point 3-each state in the union, USA, now have the abortion issue, law, rights to be determined by the people. That is the best place for this to be sorted. How can anyone argue that? We are a democracy, governed by the people and for the people so let the people in each state decide.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Point 4. Woman don't like being told what to do at the best of times, never mind as to what they can and cannot grow in their own bodies.

And i imagine that's apt to be reflected when they vote in November.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Point 4. Woman don't like being told what to do at the best of times, never mind as to what they can and cannot grow in their own bodies.

And i imagine that's apt to be reflected when they vote in November.

Neither do men, that is not an arguement.
Did you miss point one?

Do you support this?

The Democrat who sponsored the measure said it would allow abortions at any point in pregnancy up until the point of childbirth in certain cases.

Let the voters decide.
Respectfully.
edit on 5-5-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The point is they are not telling men what they can and cannot grow in their bodies.

So respectfully that's apples and oranges.

Put it this way, its not like the people screaming loudest regarding the right to life give a rats arse what happens to the poor wee souls once they enter into the world.

I could see the point if the very same people wanted to implement the likes of a social welfare system or some kind of safety net to take care of the poor we unwanted souls, alas the majority don't seem to wish to contribute to anything reminiscent of the sorts.

As to what i support, well i support a woman's right yo make her own decisions, else they are second-class citizens and back of the bus compared to everyone else.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   

The point is they are not telling men what they can and cannot grow in their bodies.

So respectfully that's apples and oranges.

It's a baby, a life. No matter how loud you scream you get just one vote. And you ignored the other points, can you address them please.
Ok, you added a response, fine. We disagree, women in my country are always well respected and Never treated like a second class citizen, not where I grew up.This is about the rights of the baby.
Fortunately this will be a state issue where it belongs.
Cheers

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Well, thats debatable.

Anyhoo you seem to put rather a steep price on life.

Are you willing to take care of and fund all these unwanted babies when they come into the world?

Probably not eh?

Hence why should you expect the state to be able to force a woman to carry something she does not want until term?

Are they going to take care of them and fund their continued existence?

Again I'm apt to ponder, probably not.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Ok, you added a response, fine. We disagree, women in my country are always well respected and Never treated like a second class citizen, not where I grew up.

A response i see you don't particularly have an answer for.

Again if you want them to exist, you need to put up or shut up.

Because someone is going to have to feed them, clothe them, take care of them, love them, teach them right from wrong.

Will your state do that, or will they simply pass the buck and let god sort it out?

And how do you imagine that will bode for the majority of the unwanted masses that anti-abortion bills will bring about?

Again I'm apt to ponder, probably not too well.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   

A response i see you don't particularly have an answer for.

Again if you want them to exist, you need to put up or shut up.

Because someone is going to have to feed them, clothe them, take care of them, love them, teach them right from wrong.

Will your state do that, or will they simply pass the buck and let god sort it out?

And how do you imagine that will bode for the majority of the unwanted masses that anti-abortion bills will bring about?

Again I'm apt to ponder, probably not too well.

We need to help the strong minded independant women a sense of sexual responsibity. Like I said there was no "ban". If a women is sexually active than she should, recognizing the potential of being impregnated, take some responsibilty when she stops menstruating go to a doctor.
How hard is that? The women has a great deal of resposibilty here, just the way it is. 12 weeks is a fair compromise. You act as if the women are forced to have babies and that is not the case at all.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Well, thats debatable.

Anyhoo you seem to put rather a steep price on life.

Are you willing to take care of and fund all these unwanted babies when they come into the world?

Probably not eh?

Hence why should you expect the state to be able to force a woman to carry something she does not want until term?

Are they going to take care of them and fund their continued existence?

Again I'm apt to ponder, probably not.

have you asked that question, or just hand waved it away and ASSumed the answer is one you want to hear?

Not sure if you are aware, but there are many people who can't have children wanting to adopt, and there are many non-profit groups that organize things and fund them. To think that there isn't enough people who care enough about this to put their money and time where their mouth is, is disengenious at best.

You should find a better argument for killing babies.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Independant eh? well thats a good word.

So are you up for paying for and taking care of all these unwanted masses or not fringeofthefringe?

Because once they are out and into this world they are going to be wanting and demanding things like the rest of us.

And that's from cradle to grave.

If you could simply explain how that works and who paying for it that might be nice.

Else you most likely created hell on earth for both them and yourself.

Good luck with the best of intentions, guess what the roads are paved with?

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

but there are many people who can't have children wanting to adopt,

So you wish to make an industry out of it, well thats not much better by my guess.

At least there may be some good that comes out of it for some, which is exactly what privilege is all about.

I dont have any sort of argument for killing babies.

Ive got two kids that i pay for and take care of in this world.

And that's a hell of a lot more than the poor souls forced to have children that they do not wish will probably be able to claim.

Women will say their piece when they vote come November.

And then we can argue about that i suppose.

I'm away to see to my Tomatoes now anyroad.

Have fun ATS.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Trump is gaining support in almost every major demo.

But Trump overperformed compared to Republicans in recent history in most demos in 2020 and still lost (which might be statistically impossible--I'd love to see a statistician tackle that one.)

So yeah I wouldn't read too much into this. How much support he has isn't likely to matter. They'll find the votes to beat him.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain
Trump is gaining support in almost every major demo.

But Trump overperformed compared to Republicans in recent history in most demos in 2020 and still lost (which might be statistically impossible--I'd love to see a statistician tackle that one.)

So yeah I wouldn't read too much into this. How much support he has isn't likely to matter. They'll find the votes to beat him.

100% agree
We need to save our country, literally. I want my president to be an SOB who puts Ameica first! I want France to put France first, Germany to put Germany first, etc.. we need to respect one anothers sovereignty.
seems we're not alone
LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join