It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An easy question for the left

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: opethPA

If HAMAS surrendered today, what reason would the IDF have to go into RAFA tomorrow?

Other than to offer humanitarian aide they wouldn't have a reason.

Hypothetical scenarios are easy though.

What if HAMAS didnt attack Israel in October?
then there would be no war, and thousands of people would still be alive on both sides. A fantastic question that shows why this is taking place.

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Or any Hugh Jaynus that doesn’t.a reply to: pennylane123

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 07:21 AM
link   

a reply to: opethPA

If HAMAS surrendered today, what reason would the IDF have to go into RAFA tomorrow?
Surrender probably isn't going to happen.

They had the support of most Gazans even while fortifying hospital basements. Can it be the people set out to have one child to carry on the family and one child for jihad?

Can it be it was simply the plan all along to attack Israel, take hostages, then hide among their own people while civilian casualties occurred in the thousands?

It does kind of look like Hamas poked a bear then ran into a supportive crowd.
edit on 9-3-2024 by Solvedit because: spelling

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

my point has more to do with the pressure from the international community. We have everyone calling for Israel to have a cease fire, and stop their attack. But there are two sides to this conflict, and it's kind of baffling why nobody seems to just state the obvious. If HAMAS surrendered, this would end. But instead, folks are asking the IDF to surrender. Israel was attacked, not HAMAS.

I doubt anyone wants more death. But you can't do what HAMAS did and not get what you are getting. If the people of GAZA wanted this to end, they would turn in HAMAS to the IDF. They don't, which makes it look a lot like they support HAMAS.

I was never taught to hate the joos, to this day, I don't understand what the reason is to hate an entire group because they belong to the group. I hope I never do understand that. I'd rather see folks living in peace and helping each other. But that's just not who we are currently.

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoiceofReality

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: VoiceofReality

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: VoiceofReality

If the so called critical thinking is predicated on hatred for Trump and nothing else, what do you expect?

I use critical thinking every single day of my life, in my career and while facing conspiracy theories and wild claims.

My dislike of Trump has been explained. If you don't agree that's cool, but you do not have the right to attack someone that disagrees with you....lol

I don't have the right to free speech?

What an odd thing to say......

When you use it to attack other people that's not exactly the best use of the freedom of speech.

Besides that, this is literally a thread that someone asked about why those on the left think certain things. We answer and you attack??

Wasn't it Voltaire in defense of free speech who said “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”?

You might not like what the other person has to say, but your opinion as to the best use of their speech is meaningless. Or in the immortal words of another great sage, Tony Soprano:

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Solvedit

my point has more to do with the pressure from the international community.

A plan to poke the bear then run inside civilian crowds is a calculated attempt to put international pressure on Israel. It may be working.

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Then again, has Israel presented any evidence that HAMAS is deliberately inciting civilian casualties?

It could be the international community is judging that Israel's response has been too brutal notwithstanding the rocket attack and hostage taking.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Update!

President Biden apologizes to his low-integrity family of Democrats, for being too honest last week. 🥺🤡

dailycaller.com...

<< 12  13  14   >>

join