It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refigeration problems increasing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Springbok

You'd be amazed at what kind of crazy behaviors you can get when you reconnect mass electrical loads to a power source. Contact arcing can cause insane voltage spikes. Any inductive load will have inrush current several times higher than the actual normal use current for that load. It surprises me that they wouldn't protect against that on the utility suppliers end because that will cause very intense havoc on their equipment.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MrGashler

That is exactly what is happening. The amounts of transformers and sub stations blowing up or catching fire is unbelievable.

In addition, we have out of control cable theft. The crooks move from area to area knowing the schedule of load shedding, and while there is no power, steal the cables (for the copper). Then when the power is switched back on ... sometimes ... boom.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Springbok

It seriously surprises me that they're not working on a fix for that. They'll totally destroy the infrastructure completely if they keep doing what they're doing.

That's absolutely insane to me. The risk of death or serious injury posed by playing with transmission lines like that is so high you couldn't get me within 50 feet of that without a full body suit. Desperation is very powerful though.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Cavemannick

Monkey metal!

Chinesium.

<< 1   >>

join