It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia warns Israel of 'very serious repercussions' if ground invasion of Rafah proceeds

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I take it Maths isn't your strongest point.

Turn out in Gaza was approximately 75%.
That means 75% of those eligible to vote did so.

Hamas won a clear majority of seats.

I have no idea where you get 22%?
Total population of The Palestinian Territories? Which would include The West Bank and all those ineligible to vote for whatever reason.

From here I got the data to calculate it:

www.elmundo.es...

In 2006 in Palestine, there were 3.5 million Palestinians and Hamas obtained 76 seats out of the possible 132 in Palestine. If you do the math, and divide the 3.5 million Palestinians by the number of seats (132), the result will be that Hamas was voted for by 747,724 Palestinians, which is approximately 22% of the 3.5 million Palestinians. .

Perhaps what is not wrong is my mathematics, if not your position in not admitting that the majority of inhabitants in any region are not terrorists nor do they support them or are you confusing the percentage of votes with the total percentage of the population?

As knowledgeable as you are on the subject, didn't you know that 531,035 votes came from the West Bank? Yes, they also voted there.

I don't know how you can know the lack of resistance of the Palestinian people against Hamas.

Because they did # all to try and overthrow them.

I have a reasonable grasp and understanding of the history of the region.
My opinion isn't based on ignorance - far from it - just a different interpretation and take on things.

You still do not answer what you are basing yourself on to defend that the Palestinians did little by making them sympathetic to terrorism with their position. Tell me that you know a lot about the subject, your understanding is not based on ignorance but on light... But you are not able to answer why the Palestinian citizens did not do enough against Hamas.

Of course.....if only it were so simple.

You asked. You talk about your understanding of the subject and knowledge of it but you base your argument only on Hamas and October 7, in a conflict that cannot be understood without knowing the events from the beginning. (The first Israeli settlers escape from Poland to Palestine in 1881).

And you, how would you resolve the conflict?

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Freeborn
The Gazan people did very little, if anything, to stop Ham
as.

Why would they? They LUV that Hamas ... and the terrorist attacks of Oct 7.

Shocking New Polling Out of Gaza and the West Bank Blows Up the Mainstream Narrative

You are aware the sample size of that poll was just 668 people ? , out of a population of over 2 Million.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

CNN Discusses the Poll - Says Only a 4% Margin of Error

You are aware of the fact that everything the so called 'palestinians' do supports that poll, right?

Read any of their childrens books lately?

The End OF The Jews - Childrens Book Taught to Gazan Children
Childrens book found in Gaza.
Teaching Gazan children to slaughter the Jews.
A few screen shots of childrens TV shows is shown too.
It's all about the slaughter of Jews.

And their teachers. What a loving bunch. Pffft.

UN Palestinian Teachers Exposed as Hamas Loving Jihadis - The 'Telegram Club'

UN aid chiefs in Gaza faced mounting pressure on Tuesday, with revelations that 3,000 of their Palestinian teachers shared messages supporting Hamas militants as they raped and murdered civilians in Israel on Oct 7.

Hillel Neuer, the director of UN Watch, which monitors the UN, told Congress about his probe into a Telegram channel for UN teachers in Gaza that was filled with posts by members praising the bloodbath.

Neuer on Tuesday told the House subcommittee that the disgraced UN agency should be permanently 'dissolved.'

'It's time to stop pretending that UNRWA is at all fixable,' said Neuer.

The very existence of a Telegram group of 3,000 teachers in which members celebrate Hamas atrocities is but a symptom of the core problem of UNRWA: its true purpose is to undo the 1948 creation of Israel.'

edit on 2/20/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: HopeForTheFuture

75% turnout.
55% of seats.
But only 22% voted for them?

Please show me the equation you used.

But you are not able to answer why the Palestinian citizens did not do enough against Hamas.

Because they did # all to stop them building their bases, carrying out their terrorist attacks and made no attempt to remove them.

And you, how would you resolve the conflict?

I have no idea....as I have quite openly stated.
Especially considering Hamas has point blank refused to entertain anything that includes any sort of recognition of the Israeli state and Jewish people remaining in the region.

I notice you have consistently chose not to comment on that and Hamas openly reiterating they have absolutely no intention whatsoever of stopping their terrorist attacks, ever.

Nor have you responded to most of the comments I made on your suggested road map to peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join