It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Good News According to Jesus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Earlier today I authored a thread after being inspired by watching One Night with the King a (true) tale about Esther and the Jews.

In any event this brought to my mind news that I read a year ago, and thought may be of some interest to the spiritual minded and those who like watching movies of a Biblical nature.

Jehovah's Witnesses have been in production on what I gather will be an 18 hour epic movie about the life of Jesus Christ. The press release here:

Episode 1 of The Good News According to Jesus Reaches Filming Milestone

says the first phase of the first episode was concluded in August 12, of 2022, or over a year ago. It is being filmed in Australia.

Jehovah's Witnesses have made many Biblical movies over the years, and before that many Biblical audio drams.

More than 500 volunteers from Australia and New Zealand were involved in constructing the over 7,000 square meters (75,347 sq ft) of historically accurate film sets. Regarding the construction, Brother Russell Grygorcewicz, Construction Committee coordinator, says: “While we experienced many challenges, we clearly saw evidence of Jehovah’s help in overcoming them. Without doubt, what was accomplished was by Jehovah’s spirit.”

Brother Ronald Curzan, helper to the Teaching Committee, was present for much of the first phase of filming. He stated: “The collaboration and camaraderie among the construction volunteers and Bethel family has been remarkable. It’s thrilling to see the sets in full use after years of planning and construction. The overwhelming support by the friends throughout the branch territory has been heartwarming. Without doubt, this 18-episode epic portrayal of Jesus’ life and teachings will touch the hearts of people earth wide.”

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Interesting. I didn't know there was a movie in the works. How'd you like the movie One Night with the King? a reply to: randomuser2034

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondyours001
Interesting. I didn't know there was a movie in the works. How'd you like the movie One Night with the King? a reply to: randomuser2034

I actually just started a recent thread talking about One Night with the King:
Psalm 45 - One of the Most Beautifully Prophetic Chapters in the Bible

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 03:42 AM
link   
God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die for us, paying the debt for our sins, so that through Him we may be saved. Unlike us, Jesus was conceived in the womb of a virgin by the Holy Spirit of God and therefore did not share Adam’s sinful nature. A “spotless lamb” in which there was no sin, the perfect and only sacrifice worthy of taking our place. For by the one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the one man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was crucified and died for our sins, taking upon Himself the punishment we deserve. He was then buried and raised back to life on the third day, in accordance with the scriptures. He then appeared to more than five hundred individuals in the forty days post-resurrection before being taken up into heaven out of their sight and returning to His Father. Fulfilling every one of the many Old Testament prophecies pertaining to Him. He now sits at His Father’s right hand and is awaiting His Father’s instruction to return. This was all recorded in the scriptures contained in the Holy Bible, which is the word of God and is able to save our souls.

Jesus Christ promised that all who believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace and not by any merit of our own. Upon His return, all the dead will hear His voice and come to life—those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and later, those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment. Therefore, fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgement, with every secret thing, whether good or evil. Making sure to be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving ourselves.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It's been over 4 months since I made this post. But there is news finally! It appears that the first episode of the 18 episode epic of the life of Jesus Christ will be shown at the annual Regional Conventions of Jehovah's Witnesses, where 10s of millions in hundreds of languages meet all around the world every year.

Here is a preview of the video:

Feature Bible Drama Preview: The Good News According to Jesus: Episode 1—The True Light of the World

According to the schedule of the regional assembly, the first part of Episode 1 will be shown on Friday morning at 10:10-10:45. And the second part of Episode 1 will be shown on Saturday at 9:50am-10:25.

While all the videos are immediately available for free for download and streaming at JW.ORG (this is just the first of 18 episodes of Jesus life being released to the public in hundreds of languages around the world) here is an invitation to watch it at its premiere at the regional assemblies around the world:

Invitation

top topics

join