It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBTQ Pride Storybooks in Maryland Public Schools - the battle of national interest

page: 61
<< 58  59  60   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Parents are systematically losing their rights to parent their children.

And it is ideologically driven by the left.

20 states have banned trans specific health care for persons under 18. What about their parent's rights to do what they and their doctors and every major medical organization in the country feel is best for their children?

And this is 100% ideologically driven by the right. Politicians are not physicians.

What is of greater importance - a handful of books read in school people might not like or the health, well-being, happiness and future outcomes of a child?

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion

20 states have banned trans specific health care for persons under 18. What about their parent's rights to do what they and their doctors and every major medical organization in the country feel is best for their children?

And this is 100% ideologically driven by the right. Politicians are not physicians.

What is of greater importance - a handful of books read in school people might not like or the health, well-being, happiness and future outcomes of a child?

The left is driving this fad for children having irreversible treatments done.

I'm glad to see that a few states aren't supporting children getting mutilated based on nothing more than a social mmedia-driven craze.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AdifferentOpinion

Parental rights only matter when the Right agrees with the subject of discussion.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Parental rights only matter when the Right agrees with the subject of discussion.

Parents don't have a right to mutilate their children, no matter their intentions or "perceptions".

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   

There is no 'affirmative care'.
We all know what this is all about:

Drugs
Hormones
Body part mutilations

This kind of propaganda may also be found in some schools where the LGBTQ+ lobby has found its way.

There should have never been any such interventions in the first place as they are antiscientific and have no basis in science other than having been imposed through politics and activism. And there should have been no transwomen in female sports for the same reason: Politics and trans activism by lobbyists.

And no books mentioning 'gender identity' or 'gender spectrum' and 'trans' kids or whatever other kind of nonsense is discussed via this political propaganda machine.

Needless to say there are no trans people either. Nobody can transition between genders. Gender ideology is a linguistic and baseless movement.

edit on 19-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Parents don't have a right to mutilate their children, no matter their intentions or "perceptions".

This ^

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

I was trying to think of a better term and I think I came up with one.

Experimental Gender Conditioning.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   

That's not the choice.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

originally posted by: AlienBorg

I was trying to think of a better term and I think I came up with one.

Experimental Gender Conditioning.

There has to be, and there is as far as I can see, a counter linguistic approach in the nonsensical terms used by the gender ideologues. They can't rely on science or medicine and they need to rely on linguistics.

For example the term non binary doesn't exist. The mistake made in the previous years was to allow conversations based on the made up terms created by the gender lobby.

Now these terms are challenged and must be immediately challenged in any conversation. When someone says they are non binary the burden of proof is on them. Same when they say they are trans. They need to prove transition is possible. There can be no more conversations if they can't establish any facts.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Parental rights only matter when the left agrees with the subject of discussion.
YOU are the one saying to take kids away from parents when the parents disagree with you.
Communism. Pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I chose public school.

They support diversity.

If you’re gonna be a self-righteous or religious parent — choose the education system that fits your ideology.

Don’t take my rights away.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I chose public school.

They support diversity.

If you’re gonna be a self-righteous or religious parent — choose the education system that fits your ideology.

When you say you support diversity but don't support diversity of thought, it makes you look weak and rather authoritarian.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I chose public school.

They support diversity.

When you say you support diversity but don't support diversity of thought, it makes you look weak and rather authoritarian.

I’m not the one objecting.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

How can you not see that you absolutely are though?

Don't worry, I'm about done trying to get through to you. I mean that in the kindest way possible. There's only so much left to be said here. Take a step back and look at the things you are saying.

You've dug yourself into a hole here with not much hope of climbing back out.

You still have the attitude that we are stuck, we won't listen to the kids, or the experts, or you, that we have all the biases...and in the same breath declare absolutely no intent to listen to the kids that went through it, listen to the experts that worked it...etc. And even just now, after showing plenty of support for the rights of parents to be denied having a say in their children's education and care, proclaim to us not to take your rights away.

Deny Ignorance much?

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I chose public school.

They support diversity.

Some schools chose LGBTQ+ propaganda and indoctrination and for this reasons the school board and teachers who agree to teach this nonsense should loose fired and never be able to teach in schools again.

<< 58  59  60   >>

join