It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgiveness How Much Cool Do You Have On You

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

Maybe I think differently.

I believe some acts are unforgivable…

Child SA abuse
People that murder for sport
Those that enslave others

Is is good Karma to forgive these types of people/groups?

Me personally, i would believe there is something very wrong in me if i even considered forgiving any one of those scumbags you listed.

Not everyone deserves it, and you don't have to have good karma if you dont forgive those types.
edit on 19/3/23 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Without justice, forgiveness is all we have.

Im not saying I have the ability to perfectly forgive, I don't think any human does. To me forgiveness contains absolution and redemption, its a gift of all of those things combined..no human can give that..We can get close maybe but not total.

Forgiveness means the transgression no longer exists..anywhere
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   
There's no cool to be found in people continuously without the intent to make peace but people with an appetite for destruction are cool.
edit on 19-3-2023 by Untun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned
Without justice, forgiveness is all we have.

Im not saying I have the ability to perfectly forgive, I don't think any human does. To me forgiveness contains absolution and redemption, its a gift of all of those things combined..no human can give that..We can get close maybe but not total.

Forgiveness means the transgression no longer exists..anywhere
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

What are you talking about?
The transgression no longer exists because it was in the past. It will forever exist in people's heads.

Without justice we have more than just forgiveness. Depending on what occurred, revenge will help a lot of people deal with the transgression. An eye for an eye etc.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned
Its something that can not be expected in return I have found.

a reply to: network dude

very true. But when you lead by example, there is always hope that others will see your actions and try to duplicate them.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   
im sure i dont know all those acts ive been forgiven for. the ones i do know, are enough to be greatful for though. then the others that i dont even know i should be sorry for. those make me shudder. a reply to: RonnieJersey

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i dont know. what about willing combatants in blood sport? what about the sport of hunting SAs down? for sport? there always exceptions a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
a reply to: incoserv
I'm always on guard to protect myself, having had enough experiences to know better.
And I prefer to forget those people I have forgiven.

So if someone has abuse you to the degree that it requires you to intentionally forgive, your forgiveness opens the door for that person to come along an abuse you again?

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Another poster replied earlier that they like to forgive and then forget that person..Id say that's a pretty squared away approach, but yes sometimes we still have to have that person in our lives, and we have to be constantly on guard

a reply to: incoserv

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 04:04 AM
link   
When God sits down on the seat within you and you commune from your heart, who can be against you?

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 05:40 AM
link   

What are you talking about?
The transgression no longer exists because it was in the past. It will forever exist in people's heads.

Im sorry, but the definition of forgiveness and its reason for being a 'divine' thing means that blood was used to cover the 'sin'..lambs blood.. please understand Im no person of faith..its just the definition I'm most familiar with..according to myth, humans do not have the capacity to truly forgive..thus it being a divine thing.

Your statement of it being forever in 'peoples' heads proves my theory somewhat…the theory having nothing to do with the existence or non of any diety

For a human to claim the power of forgiveness is blasphemy because flesh is corrupt. Trying to forgive and to emulate ones perception of a divine thing is not blasphemy, it is being the actual definition of meek (desire to learn), then of course naturally comes humility (the ability to learn), that may be reversed, sorry its 'early'.

meek is the war horse before training..humble is the war horse as it learns

edit on 27-3-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: .

edit on 27-3-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: .

edit on 27-3-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: ..

edit on 27-3-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: ..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join