It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate dreaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I hate dreaming.

They aren't real, but they seem real at the time, so in essence they might as well be real for what you experience. You have no control of what you do or what happens in dreams. And whatever you dream leaves an impression on your mood when you wake up. Sometimes it can take a few hours to shake that mood off.

I've had the dumb ones that everyone gets from time to time ... all your teeth falling out; suddenly finding yourself in a crowded room or at work and you are totally naked; finding yourself back at school and you can't remember your locker combination and all your books are inside and you have to get to a test in a room that you don't know where it is; flying around; talking to people who have died years before, doing things that you wouldn't normally do when awake and then waking up and wondering why you did that in a dream when you wouldn't have done that in real life ....

I hate the ones that are frustrating or upsetting because you wake up frustrated or upset and that stays with you for a few hours sometimes. Messes up the whole day. That doesn't happen often. But when it does ... ugh!

And they can be so stupid. One time I dreamed I went skydiving, jumped out of a plane, the shoot didn't open, I changed into a rock, fell and hit the ground bouncing, then rolled to a stop and changed back into a person unharmed. Totally stupid. No control over the 'stupid' in dreams.

I wish there was a way to sleep and not dream. But when I was younger I was told that dreams are important and everyone must dream even if they don't remember it, because it's the minds way of unwinding and if we didn't dream we'd go insane. I have no idea if that's true, but that's what I was told.

Unfortunately you can't go without sleep, so you can't go without dreaming.
To whoever invented dreaming ... gotta' say ... it sucks!

/end rant.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Dreaming is seen as a way for us to subconsciously deal with the things we can't or won't deal with when awake, and especially repeat dreams are trying to tell us something. When you resolve whatever is causing the dream, it will stop.

I got in the habit of looking up dream meanings for the troubling or odd dreams that kept repeating and it helped me to figure out what in my life needed to be dealt with or changed. It's worked for me for many decades now, and I seldom have troubling dreams anymore.

This was AI generated, as one example:
"A dream of teeth falling out is a common experience for many people. There are several possible interpretations for this dream, and they can vary depending on the context and individual. Here are some of the most common interpretations:

Stress and anxiety: Dreams about teeth falling out are often linked to high levels of stress or anxiety in one’s life. This could be related to work, relationships, or other personal issues.
Loss or change: Teeth falling out in a dream may symbolize a significant loss or change in one’s life, such as the end of a relationship, a job loss, or the death of a loved one.
Fear of aging: Teeth are associated with youth and attractiveness, so dreaming of them falling out could represent a fear of aging or losing one’s appearance.
Lack of control: Losing teeth in a dream might signify a feeling of powerlessness or a fear of losing control in certain aspects of life.
Personal growth: In some cases, dreams about teeth falling out can be interpreted positively, as a sign of personal growth or a major life transition.
Dental hygiene: A 2018 study found that dreams of teeth falling out are more closely linked to dental hygiene than psychological distress, and both factors were attributed to poor sleep quality."

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
When you resolve whatever is causing the dream, it will stop."

I just don't like dreaming at all.
It's not that they are all troubling.
Statistically not many are.
I just don't like not being in control.
And you have no control over dreams.
And they seem real when you are in them.
But they aren't. But they might as well be.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: nugget1
When you resolve whatever is causing the dream, it will stop."

I just don't like dreaming at all.
It's not that they are all troubling.
Statistically not many are.
I just don't like not being in control.
And you have no control over dreams.
And they seem real when you are in them.
But they aren't. But they might as well be.

Do some research on lucid dreaming, and methods to help you have lucid dreams.

The dreams that I can't control, usually are the ones I look into a bit more...they contain answers to things I am dealing with in life.

My mundane dreams are usually lucid...and fun.

This is something I did not learn to do, I have just done it my whole life.

But many friends have learned how to lucid dream...it is possible.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Oh the old dropping teeth dreams. I always Hated those.
I used to also have another very weird one.
I’d be pulling black, tar-like cords or ropes out of my throat.
Bizarre stuff for sure.

Although!
When I was takin Champix to quit smoking, I started having extremely lucid dreams.
It was like I discovered a whole other world, because my dream would pickup exactly where it left off the night before and I was always in total control.
There were people I met, and friends made.
I would be waking up and be immediately excited to go to bed that night to go back to my other life.
Dreams are pretty amazing when your in the drivers seat.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I love dreaming. I love that I'm unconscious and only experience everything subconsciously. I wish my whole life could be spend dreaming. But then again, I hate my life. Maybe your life is 100% better than mine to make dreams seem bad.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I love dreaming. I am so amazed how real they are sometimes. When I wake up I go through them again, over and over refeeling the emotions and strange vibes which I wouldn't get in reality.

I find most of my dreams interesting, very rarely are they banal or bad.
Sometimes I dream whole epics and when I wake up I feel went on a massive journey.

I have also bad ones, a reoccurring one is that a plane nosedives towards me, I usually die...and wake up.
I have a phobia in reality when I see planes, that they might fall on me.
I dream of nuclear wars, weird alien ships hanging in our stratophere, disasters.

I had such vivid dreams that I knew I was somewhere real and just lost friends I will never see again.
I carry pets around in public for hours and want to protect them but they wriggle and need to poop, but I hold on to them.

Often I find myself in the same places which I got to know throughout the decades. I could draw maps of them.

I love dreaming.
Everyone is different. 🙋🏻‍♀️

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I used to like dreaming, but now I hate it.

When I go to sleep, I want a deep sleep, total unconsciousness, a sleep that heals, rejuvenates, and refreshes. I don't want to be disturbed by bizarre, nonsensical dreams that have control of my mind. I don't want my subconscious raping my conscious every night when I just want to get up in the morning feeling good enough to face the day.
edit on 4/19/2024 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMichiganSwampBuck
I don't want to be disturbed by bizarre, nonsensical dreams that have control of my mind. I don't want my subconscious raping my conscious every night when I just want to get up in the morning feeling good enough to face the day.

EXACTLY! You get it. It's exactly like that. You have no control and they aren't real, yet when in them they feel totally real. It's like mind rape ... I like how you described it.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I love having interesting Dreams and experiences.

Right before I woke up from my nap earlier, I was having very vivid, complex, richly detailed and enlightening adventures that I promptly forgot as soon as I returned to the waking world.

I remember starting to regain consciousness and was excited to share the revelations I had in the Dream World, but Alas, it was not to be.

My husband prefers the Soft Velvet Darkness and not dreaming.

He claims to get more refreshing sleep that way because his mind truely has a chance to rest and recharge.

When he does dream, it's usually very complex and uncomfortable narratives dealing with Dystopias and Nightmares.

I understand why he prefers Darkness.
edit on 4/20/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 05:04 AM
link   

If you are so moved by your dreams or afflicted in your case (mind rape) it means you have a lot of issues going on in your subconscious. A conflict of interests within yourself that you haven’t resolved. Perhaps go to a hypnotherapist or get counselling.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration
If you are so moved by your dreams or afflicted in your case (mind rape) it means you have a lot of issues going on in your subconscious. A conflict of interests within yourself that you haven’t resolved. Perhaps go to a hypnotherapist or get counselling.

Nope. No issues. Don't need hypnotherapy or a therapist.
I simply do not like having dreams.
They are a world you can't control.
And at the time they seem real, but they aren't.
And really stupid things happen in them.
I'd rather not dream at all.
It would be more relaxing and restful.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Your own subconscious is trying to tell you something,
yet your material self is blocking it out.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ToneD
Your own subconscious is trying to tell you something,
yet your material self is blocking it out.

NOPE.

I'm talking about regular every day dreaming.
I don't like it.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Example of why I hate dreaming ....

So last night I slept pretty well. Doesn't happen often.

First part of the night I dreamed that I was with my husband and I looked over at him and it was really Robert Downey Jr. I thought to myself, why did I think I was married to XXX when in fact I am married to Robert Downey Jr. That's weird.

Then I woke up and thought it was strange. Then I went back to sleep pretty quick which doesn't happen often. Usually it takes a while.

So I dream about Robert Downey Jr again. He was walking around and I was talking to him, and then something happened with a green baby dinosaur who was really cute and making friends with a dog. A dog I've never seen before.

Then I woke up for good.

That's why I hate dreaming. They are weird and stupid and you have no control over them. I have no idea why I dreamed about Robert Downey Jr. I haven't seen any movies about him in a long while. I've seen him in a new commercial he does for some kind of cyber security or something ... the one with a clown that gets hit by lightening .. but other than that, nothing. I'm not a fan or anything.

I wish we didn't dream. It would be more relaxing.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Sometimes my "mood" carries over from dreams and I have to shake the feeling before going about my day...

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrithFPV
Sometimes my "mood" carries over from dreams and I have to shake the feeling before going about my day...

Yep. Me too. Hate it.

new topics

top topics

join