It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most astonishing sustained dream world I have ever experienced - MMPORG virtual reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Hi folks,

Just a quick thread to relate a remarkable experience I had last week. I'd come to a crossroads in my life, with several issues affecting my health, needing a hard reset of sorts to begin moving forward in a productive way. Had something of a crisis, but then a restorative discussion with my doctor, who is excellent, and a road map was formed regarding the way ahead.

Later that evening I end up falling asleep, after hearing a significant scripture which impacted me in terms of the crisis & the way I had been feeling overall: "Even if we are faithless, He is faithful". I felt like I was on the way to recovering psychologically from the crisis that had occurred, and so I fell asleep that night feeling somewhat better than I had in several days.

Only to immediately enter the most staggering 'virtual reality' dream world, entirely lucid, for over two hours of dreamtime, which did compute on this occasion with actual time in reality. So I dreamt fully lucid for two full hours, in a world so stunningly beautiful & dynamic that I was absolutely floored. The world was expansive & adaptive and responded to my thoughts & intentions with certain changes unfolding - but it was not entirely under my control, there were other 'players' in the game, and they were able to impact the world also. I found myself engaged in a high concept role in which I was on some sort of mission to shape & control events in this world, with other compatriots helping me, and I helping them. There was a mysterious enemy that opposed us, and we were running 'simulations' to determine different ways of achieving the objectives of the various missions we undertook. The actual details of the missions became hazy on awakening, but the overall gestalt of the dream world remained - it was a massive, endless, paradisical place, with beautiful forests & jungles, mountains, thundering skies, castles, cities, pyramids - the plant life was semi-neon, giving off bioluminescence in every way you could possibly imagine. I was able to fly with ease, soaring over mountains & valleys amidst the thunder & lightning, constantly battling to complete the various missions that were underway. It was like living in a magical MMPORG video game, it was true virtual reality, malleable & interactive in every conceivable way, yet with underlying form, purpose & beauty that made it seem deliberately designed by a higher power.

I had several more very impactful dreams later that night, some of which had great meaning & were very healing of issues that had affected me greatly over many years previous. I awoke in the morning feeling incredibly refreshed, healed, enlivened, positive & motivated to change things in my life that had been somewhat in a rut for several years. It was the most mind-blowing dreaming experience that I've ever had, and that's really saying something as my dreams (& nightmares) have been on an epic scale for decades now, with prophetic dreaming also a feature of my nocturnal travels. This new series of dreams represented a massive increase in lucidity - mostly my dreams are stories that I am engaged with on a semi-conscious level, not really aware that they are dreams, just following a predetermined plot-line which often has deep meaning for my life all the same. But this living virtual reality was something else entirely, and the lucidity didn't let up even once over the two hour period. Although I don't believe it's wise to seek these experiences deliberately, as they can be associated with occult activity, when they occur spontaneously I believe they can be deeply healing & inspiring, as was the case here.

I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who has experienced similar levels of lucidity in the sort of 'magical MMPORG' scenario I have described. Please share your experiences & ask any questions you like.

God bless.

FITO.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I've heard say that our lives are really a dream , and that our dreams are our actual reality. Sounds plausible , certainly after hearing your dream descriptions.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Lucky for you.

I've lost the ability to sleep.

Going on over a month now.

At least I can still daydream.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I've had several dreams in my life where I was flying as a regular mode of travel. I could feel in real time the effect on my muscles in this mode of travel. My muscles were stiff and tender from the exertion I had physically applied within the dream. Sometimes I was high up in the air, but less than like a hot air balloon, I was able to go where I wanted and I guided my own travel. In some dreams, I was only flying about 50-100 feet in the air. All of my flying dreams were long and very detailed as to dodging electric wires, really seeing my position above the ground, viewing the tops of trees etc.

One dream was particularly scary, I was following a highway, just above the ground and going very fast on a very surreal road with high highs, and low lows, twists and turns etc. I was so afraid I would go 'off' the road even though I wasn't 'on' it. The only way I can describe the view is it was if someone had placed a small camera on the low side in the middle of their front bumper and drove a crazy highway pretty fast. The highway was empty and fairly new, very clean lane lines dividing the 3 lanes. I was highly frightened and unable to slow down. I don't remember the end of the dream but nothing bad happened.

I'd say 5-6 times in the past I've had very lucid and surreal flying dreams but it is rare.

Now what's weird is, I got a VR machine a about 5 years ago, long after I had any of those types of dreams. I decided to go on a VR outer space rollercoaster. BIG mistake. I was almost immediately ill. Even though I've only suffered from motion sickness on a cruise once, but no great fear of heights in my past, I had to stop the game within about 25 seconds because I was going to toss my cookies. But that rollercoaster in the VR ride was almost identical to the highway in my dream in the way it twisted and turned. So I immediately referenced my dream and wondered why I hadn't felt ill during that dream.

Anyways, I apologize for my inadequate writing skills and hope you can understand what I'm saying. There was nothing spiritually revealing but there was an awareness of understanding the physical realm I'm in. I guess the one thing I brought away from these dreams is, I believe it is possible to 'fly' and travel whole body without walking but we simply haven't developed the skill. I've also dreamed of 'breathing' under water but that is at least more explainable than flying lol.
edit on th30202400000030bSun, 14 Apr 2024 09:52:46 -05002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Vivid and lucid dreams are a real gift. For me, they are as rare as hens teeth but when they do happen, I am so amazed and actually wind up remembering parts, unlike other dreams.

I can never fly in my dreams, despite all the hours in the air I had in military aircrew. But, I find myself traveling down fast moving rivers and when they come to forks, I can choose which way to go. Always swimming, and never in a boat!

I also have specific familiar places where the dreams take place, but I have never been at any of them in real life.

One is a huge, single floor office building with endless halls and rooms were people are always building electronic gadgets. I build them as well and even wind up writing software for them. Sometimes I can even remember some of the code! It is truly bazar. There is a great cafeteria in the building where I meet all sorts of people that I have worked with in real life.

Another place is a country road next to the ocean that goies up a hill to a pristine spanish mansion. The views out the windows show a sloping field with a railroad going through it and then drops off to a huge beach where people are walking. I even remember a restaurant and ice cream parlor at the other end of the road.

Another place is a boat marina on a quiet lake with old houses and great fishing off the rocks.

I have never been to any of these locations and it freaks me out that my mind can come up with these places and on a repeating basis.

I find it impossible to try and make myself have any of these lucid dreams by thinking of them before sleep. They will just occur when they want to and months will go by until I have another one.

So, I know how you feel about having dreams like this and it puts so many questions in your mind as to why they occur and what happens in them. I really cannot relate what happens in these dreams to things that seem to be relevant in normal living. When I consult dream literature that is supposed to explain certain aspects, I never really find anything that stands out as a reason for why they occur.

It is one of the strangest things in my life for sure

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 03:37 AM
link   

"Ready Player One"?

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Precisely! It was EXACTLY like that, a true living virtual reality.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Fascinating selection of dream locations you have there, it's amazing that you can even remember bits of the code you write, I sometimes have people dictate ideas for novels & screenplays in a really blatant & straightforward manner, so that when I awake, if I'm quick enough, I can remember it all & jot down full notes regarding the plot & elements of the script.. I had one of those last night, which involved a heist planned against the Vatican archives, with a load of complex details given alongside the basic theme. I'm now very seriously considering trying to write it as a novel or screenplay, it was a killer concept which genuinely would do really well as a cinematic experience. I've tried my hand at writing before, once in fact I was given an internship as an associate producer for a kids' animation studio, which was awesome, the CEO publicly stated that I was a 'great writer' when he introduced me to the staff. I haven't yet completed any full works of fiction (couple fo reasons for this, mainly health related), though I have started two novels recently which are 'ongoing' (I take long breaks between creative periods in which I get a lot of outline & prose completed). If I commit fully I think I can get this most recent concept nailed as both a novel & as a screenplay, hopefully there will be some money in it for me if I can get a greenlight from Netflix & the support of a good production company!

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:26 PM
link   

It would be lucrative to verify that lucid dreaming can help you accomplish goals you have in your life. Even though we do not know why the circumstances and characters in dreams manifest themselves, after you have one you feel refreshed and in wonderment that your mind can pull up such stuff.

It would be great if more people in here would tell their experiences.

There would be a lot more responses in the ATS of old, and it is just another example for why it exists.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 03:48 AM
link   

There is a book out called "Ready Player Two" you may like.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join