It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist who claimed the discovery of room temperature superconductor faked data

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
a reply to: Consvoli

One of the reasons why "Peer Review" has, historically, been such an important part of the acedemic/scientific milieu.

You get bonus points for using one of my favorite words: milieu

My other two favorites have German rather than French roots. They are:

Schadenfreude

Gestalt

edit on 4/13/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This brings to light the phrase "the science is settled" commonly used when referring to anthropogenic CO2 as the cause of any variation of climate. Science is never settled and this is a feeble attempt to shut down further discourse by those being funded to do climate change research.
Academic dishonesty at the university level is mainly driven by research grant money and tenure requirements. When schools stop being R&D companies and revert to teaching, only egos will drive academic dishonesty.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

He will get fired. Havard will hire him with a raise to boot.

There is the problem. He will get rehired, nothing will happen to him. Universities/Colleges/Research Firms don't care as long as they get their funding.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSemiskepticII

There is the problem. He will get rehired, nothing will happen to him. Universities/Colleges/Research Firms don't care as long as they get their funding.

Do you think scientists who fake data and results should on some occasions be jailed?

A few scientists have been jailed for serious academic misconduct but it's a rare phenomenon.
I think it's fair under certain circumstances not only to lose their job but to be jailed for what they ve done.

edit on 13-4-2024 by Consvoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The other side of the coin. People will now believe it actually worked. But “they” conspired to cover up the discovery.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Consvoli

Do you think scientists who fake data and results should on some occasions be jailed?

A few scientists have been jailed for serious academic misconduct but it's a rare phenomenon.
I think it's fair under certain circumstances not only to lose their job but to be jailed for what they ve done.

Depends. Was the data used to scam investors. Added. Or manipulate the market?
edit on 14-4-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

Do you need to scan investors or manipulate the market to get jailed?

Science and new inventions may not related to the stock market and investors. For example what if you fake data to promote a drug which can have harmful side arrects or kill patients.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Science and new inventions may not related to the stock market and investors. For example what if you fake data to promote a drug which can have harmful side arrects or kill patients.

You tell me?

5 Famous Drug Recalls in US History & Why They Happened

www.hhrlaw.com...

Or stuff like this…. The revolving door between the FDA and big pharmaceutical…

In 1995, Dr. Curtis Wright, the team medical review officer for the FDA, recommended approval of Purdue Pharma’s OxyContin for “moderate to severe pain.”

Two years later, he began working for the drugmaker. He now works as a consultant

www.clarionledger.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You tell me?

5 Famous Drug Recalls in US History & Why They Happened

www.hhrlaw.com...

Or stuff like this…. The revolving door between the FDA and big pharmaceutical…

In 1995, Dr. Curtis Wright, the team medical review officer for the FDA, recommended approval of Purdue Pharma’s OxyContin for “moderate to severe pain.”

Two years later, he began working for the drugmaker. He now works as a consultant

www.clarionledger.com...

It's true there is so much corruption when the pharmaceuticals are involved and that's if scientists fake their data or attempt to promote drugs/vaccines by not disclosing all the evidence they have then they must end up in jail.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I think scientist who blatantly lie should be executed.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I think scientist who blatantly lie should be executed.

Are you serious?

Scientific misconduct has been observed numerous times and it's serious but it doesn't deserve the death penalty.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I think they should only be jailed if their 'research' causes injury to others, otherwise just being kicked out the profession is justifiable. If it's proven that you lied about your research then you shouldn't be allowed to do research..
edit on 15-4-2024 by TheSemiskepticII because: flat keyboards and fat fingers equals typos

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I think they should only be jailed if their 'research' causes injury to others, otherwise just being kicked out the profession is justifiable. If it's proven that you lied about your research then you shouldn't be allowed to do research..

I agree with you and add that they could be jailed if misleading and fake data leads to waste of funding and misappropriation of funds by the government or the university. Most of the funding comes from the taxpayer.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I agree with you and add that they could be jailed if misleading and fake data leads to waste of funding and misappropriation of funds by the government or the university. Most of the funding comes from the taxpayer.

Yes, you are right. Fraud is a crime that carries jail time.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The other side of the coin. People will now believe it actually worked. But “they” conspired to cover up the discovery.

If there is evidence or at least something then the topic is open for discussion.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   

If someone dies due to their claism YES they should get the death penalty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join