It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the 'Abrahamic Religions' all Really the Worshipping the Same Abrahamic God?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=27356673]FlyersFan[/

WHY do you keep deflecting back to trying to make this a conversation about who has the right religion

I’m not doing that though, I can knock Catholicism just as easily as I can Islam, but as you have kept going on and on about the holy trinity throughout this thread, I went for the former.

Are the 'Abrahamic Religions' all really worshipping the same Abrahamic God'.

Of course they are, they come from the same root and there is only one god. It doesn’t matter what you name it, people of different languages have different names for the sun, it still the sun. The trouble with these religions is they all have twisted what god is into a flawed interpretation. No true religion would commit atrocities in the name of god, and they all have. No person with understanding needs a holy book to know right from wrong. The Abrahamic religions have all been used as a means of manipulating people and deceiving them to suit the agendas of those in power. They take people’s natural intuition and spirituality and pervert it as a means of control. Claiming god ordained this or that. Claiming you will get this reward or that punishment if you do or don’t do as the guy with the funny costume dictates.
It’s BS.

That is the fact of the matter regardless of what you choose to believe.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
I know. It's your arbitrary judgement that all 3 religions MUST acknowledge the Trinity. But, as I've posted earlier, not even all Christians agree on the trinity.

The vast majority of the 2 billion Christians agree that God is the Trinity ... God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. It's the basic Christian belief. Anyone who claims to be Christian and doesn't believe in the Trinity is an aberration from the norm.

It seems to me that Trinity doctrine is actually inferior, as it leaves out a biblical facet of God's emanations. The name of the God of Judaism isn't Yahweh or Jehovah. It's YHVH, Yod Hey Vah Hey. The Tetragrammaton is 4 fold, like the emanation that Elijah saw.

You can believe what you want about the Trinity doctrine. That's not the topic. It doesn't matter. The basic Christian teaching of 2 billion Christians is that the Trinity is the Christian belief in God. And that's what the question in the premise of this thread is about.

I guess the real question is, "IS it possible for Christians to worship YHVH?"

I pretty much already said that ...

Are the Christians and Muslims worshipping the God of Judaism, Yahweh (spell it however you want)., the tribal god, one of many, that got elevated to 'the One God'. They'd have to be in order to be worshipping the same God. And I"m just not seeing that they do.

Are the Christians and Jews worshipping Allah, the tribal god, one of many, that got elevated to 'the One God' when Muhammad went on his terror campaign and forced conversions throughout the Middle East and Persia? They'd have to be in order to be worshipping the same God. And I'm just not seeing that they do.

Are the Muslims and Jews worshipping the Holy Trinity, which evolved from roots in the Jewish religion and was 'revealed' through Jesus? They'd have to be in order to be worshipping the same God. And I"m just not seeing that they do.

All three - Judaism, Christianity, Islam - claim their God is 'The God of Abraham' and there are those who say that they are indeed worshipping the same God. But unless they are willing to worship each others version of that God .. I say they don't really worship the same God.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   

That is the fact of the matter regardless of what you choose to believe.
a reply to: AllisVibration

Did you not even watch the short vid I just posted on the previous page?

You're absolutely wrong accordingly.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration
, but as you have kept going on and on about the holy trinity throughout this thread, I went for the former.

The reason why the Trinity was being discussed is because a poster tried to claim it wasn't necessarily Christian even though the vast majority of the 2 billion Christians say it is. It's basic Christian doctrine ... both Protestant and Catholic. Any non-belief in the Holy Trinity by a self proclaimed Christian is an aberration of the norm.

You just threw in Catholicism and confession for ho-hos. It's irrelevant to the thread topic.

Of course they are, they come from the same root

No, they don't all come from the same root. Islam started out with Allah being a tribal pagan moon god, just one of many. As Muhammad took over, he elevated his tribal god in status, and attached the 'god of Abraham' claim to it in order to try to give it more credence. Abraham never worshipped a tribal moon god, yet Islam says that same tribal moon god was the God of Abraham. It doesn't work.

The God of Judaism started out as a tribal god as well and got elevated in status to be the 'one God' as the people who worshipped that god took over other tribes in conquest and in level of importance.

The God of Christianity is a Trinity God ... God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy spirit ... which evolved from the Jewish God.

Does a Muslim worship the Christian God Jesus, who was tortured and killed by Jews, as their God Allah who started out as a tribal moon god? No. Then they don't worship the same God.

Does a Jew worship the Christian God Jesus as their God Yahweh (however you want to spell it)? No. Then they don't worship the same God.

Does a Christian worship Jesus as Allah who started out as a tribal moon god? No. Then they don't worship the same God.

Do the Jews and Muslims worship the Holy Spirit as God, and accept that the Holy Spirit is the sanctifier giving gifts of speaking in tongues and other spiritual manifestations? No. Then they don't worship the same God.

There is no 'of course they are' about it.

Ask a Muslim in Afghanistan if he worships Jesus, who was tortured and killed by the Jews, as Allah his God. You'll get jumped and beaten up at the very least for even suggesting such a thing.

and there is only one god.

There may be only one REAL GOD .. but that doesn't mean they are worshipping Him. Just because a follower of a god says theirs is the 'one true God' doesn't make it so. There are plenty of demons and entities being worshipped as a god or as 'the true God', that are not the one REAL GOD.

edit on 4/16/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You can believe what you want about the Trinity doctrine. That's not the topic.

Your belief is that if Judaism and Islam do not accept that Jesus is God, then they are not worshipping the same God as you, which you're not even sure is the same God that Abraham supposedly worshipped!

The vast majority of the 2 billion Christians agree that God is the Trinity ... God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. It's the basic Christian belief.

The Trinity a mandatory Catholic belief. It's not so important, and even denied when you get to Pentecostal, Four Square and Assembly of God evangelicals. 65% of evangelicals believe that Jesus is a created being, a servant of God.
One-Third of Evangelicals Say Jesus Was Not God, Poll Shows

You won't find any Jewish sect that denies YHVH.

Regardless of whether one believes that "God" is manifest in in 3 emanations or 4 emanations or that whatever emanation "God" chooses to show itself, all three Abrahamic religions all believe they worship the same God that Abraham did, as it was revealed through Moses. But you're not even sure that the Abraham story is accurate or that he even really existed.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I know that there are Christian theologians - both Catholic and Protestant - who say that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam worship the same God because they all claim the 'God of Abraham' title. I've read their information and the information from those who agree with them .. but I'm not seeing it. They each evolved differently and they each reject the others 'god' while still claiming the coveted 'God of Abraham' title. I don't see how they could really be worshipping the same God.

You probably don’t see it, as you are looking at it from a rose tinted Christian glasses perspective.

Any Christian, Jew or Muslim would all claim they are following the Abrahamic God correctly and that the other 2 faiths have it wrong etc…From an outside neutral perspective (i.e. non believer) though, it’s clear that they all believe in the same God but just in different ways.

I guess you could argue that because all three of those Abrahamic faiths are all following the God of Abraham in different ways…that it logically follows that only one of them is following God “correctly” … but that logic only works if at least one of the three Abrahamic faiths is completely true in its entirety…

Another possibility is that all three Abrahamic faiths might have some aspects of belief in God correct but also have some aspects incorrect. Which would ultimately mean that neither of the 3 faiths is following God correctly in its entirety, but only correct in certain parts.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

No, they don't all come from the same root. Islam started out with Allah being a tribal pagan moon god, just one of many.
Does a Muslim worship the Christian God Jesus, who was tortured and killed by Jews, as their God Allah who started out as a tribal moon god? No. Then they don't worship the same God.

Does a Jew worship the Christian God Jesus as their God Yahweh (however you want to spell it)? No. Then they don't worship the same God.

Does a Christian worship Jesus as Allah who started out as a tribal moon god? No. Then they don't worship the same God.

Do the Jews and Muslims worship the Holy Spirit as God, and accept that the Holy Spirit is the sanctifier giving gifts of speaking in tongues and other spiritual manifestations? No. Then they don't worship the same God.

There is no 'of course they are' about it.

here is the answer.
I'm baffled why some of you can't or won't comprehend this. forget the names and labels; Muslims do NOT worship the same God as Jews and Christians.

and please stop with the all-books-and-faiths-have-their-insights. The Bible is the true Word of God and all the other books are deceptions and imitations.
edit on 10.20.23 by Coelacanth55 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10.20.23 by Coelacanth55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:11 AM
link   

You can believe what you want about the Trinity doctrine. That's not the topic. It doesn't matter. The basic Christian teaching of 2 billion Christians is that the Trinity is the Christian belief in God

Trinity is not just a christain beleif. It is common to the original first time religions. It was taken by the abrhamic Larp and modified. Removing the mother goddess..

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I don't even believe that Abraham made any "covenant" with the first and only primordial God. I don't even believe such a thing is possible, and it appears more as an insult to accuse the prime mover of being involved in any such trivial affairs with arrogant and naive creatures that populate this 'zoo' that we call Earth.

I would find it much more believable instead that he communicated with highly evolved beings or aliens that were primary or intermediary descendants of this first and only God. Either that or he was just nuts.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Amazingly I get what flyersfan is saying.
To some degree she's correct.
Eg. israeli idol worship of Nehushtan (snake)
which jews believed had powers to cure.
en.wikipedia.org...
Eg. Yahweh isms many g_dS
en.wikipedia.org...
Eg. Christian 'trinity'
Eg. Islam Muhammad The last Prophet

Maybe NOT so much as Abrahamic roots,
However THE ROOTS are from the same SOURCE :
Adam and Eve were the first human beings created,
according to traditional Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.
So What went wrong ?
Well, judiasm became exclusively nationalistic and twisted with racist views;
christianity fractured into many fractions;
Say what you will, but surprisingly
islam still see's a common denotion,
a common root in "people of the book" and has not diverted.

J.C. is said to be THE corner stone,
yet a stumbling stone for judiasm.
. . . says a lot

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ToneD
Amazingly I get what flyersfan is saying.
To some degree she's correct.
Eg. israeli idol worship of Nehushtan (snake)
which jews believed had powers to cure.
en.wikipedia.org...
Eg. Yahweh isms many g_dS
en.wikipedia.org...
Eg. Christian 'trinity'
Eg. Islam Muhammad The last Prophet

Maybe NOT so much as Abrahamic roots,
However THE ROOTS are from the same SOURCE :
Adam and Eve were the first human beings created,
according to traditional Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.
So What went wrong ?
Well, judiasm became exclusively nationalistic and twisted with racist views;
christianity fractured into many fractions;
Say what you will, but surprisingly
islam still see's a common denotion,
a common root in "people of the book" and has not diverted.

J.C. is said to be THE corner stone,
yet a stumbling stone for judiasm.
. . . says a lot

But the god of th bold testament is the same for all three religions.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Consvoli
. . . the same for all three religions.

The God of Adam and Eve story, is the same;
. . but humans have changed.
Narratives twisted, stories embellished,
definitions changed.
Greed, 'pure' race complex, fascism,
colonial domination . . . are to blame.

People have 'forgotten' conveniently, the
concept of ONE monotheistic God,
A monotheistic God has no use for consorts, or colleagues.
Priests, rabbi, just as politicians and rulers want to power grab.
Jesus said, we humans are ALL ONE,
the Quran says, people of the books are ALL ONE,
yet, some still stumble on that 'stone'

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join