It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Time is it on the Moon ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA WRONG!!!!! ALL TIME IS THE SAME EVERYWHERE, otherwise known as the Universal-Present-Moment!!!!! Yes, man-made clocks can slow down under different gravities whether analog, digital or Atomic BUT TIME is UNIVERSALLY CONSTANT everywhere, ur speed and/or ur gravity cannot physically alter time LMAO! you cannot go back or foward in time (time-travel) just because u start moving really really quickly compared to another person or thing OR because u grow really really big n dense (u have a lot of gravitational pull)!!! LOL!!!! In other words, Einstein's theory of Time-Dilation is wrong (no such thing as time travel), HOWEVER, Gravitational Time-Dilation is real (the difference in time that gravity causes between 2 atomic clocks, digital clocks, or analog clocks!!!! Have a nice day. Dont believe everything u hear just because a Genius says so!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DragonGod77

I agree with this part:

ALL TIME IS THE SAME EVERYWHERE, otherwise known as the Universal-Present-Moment!!!!!

Like I said, anywhere you go is now.

You must have missed this part on page one, where I discussed the importance of developing a "Universal Present Moment Clock, as you might call it. I called it a "Universal Real-Time Clock" or "Now Clock".

Better yet, would be to use a gravitational sensor to measure gravity continuously, so that continuous time adjustments could be made. This should keep a "universal real-time" or a "now time" fairly accurately, but you would think that we would still want to stay synced up with everyone else, and continuously synced up if possible.

How might we stay synced?

I'm guessing that looking at pulsar stars may hold the answer.

Once accomplished, we could say that we now have a "Universal Real-Time Clock", a "Now Clock", or something like that. After all, no matter where you go in the universe it's always going to be now.

These will come in handy as we travel further beyond Earth, and may be necessary for if we ever find ways around traveling faster than the speed of light.

This part I don't agree with, because scientific research tells us otherwise:

Yes, man-made clocks can slow down under different gravities whether analog, digital or Atomic BUT TIME is UNIVERSALLY CONSTANT everywhere, ur speed and/or ur gravity cannot physically alter time LMAO!

Strong gravitational forces slows down time itself, and not just clocks.

The slow down is continuously spread out and super tiny when dealing with gravitational differences between the Earth and Moon, or between low altitude and high altitude Earth.

Time can move slightly slower or faster in one place than another, yet there will always exist a "now" or "Universal Present Moment" between the two.

edit on 7-4-2024 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 04:50 PM
link   

HOWEVER, Gravitational Time-Dilation is real 

In theory, I imagine that if we had real-time communication involving speech between two places with extremely different gravities, and we could dial up or down the gravitational time dilation effect, as a way to make it noticable to our communication, I would think that the voices would begin to sounds deeper or higher pitched.

In reality, this effect would never be strong enough to notice in the sound of a person's voice, unless we start to get into approaching the speed of light, then I imagine it would.

edit on 7-4-2024 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 05:01 PM
link   

These ideas are best summed up by saying that real-time, or present moment time as you call it, runs slightly faster or slower depending on the gravitational forces in effect.

On the Moon, Universal Real-Time moves ever so slightly faster than it does on Earth, to the effect that one of Earth's rotation happens 58.7 microseconds faster than Earth time.

Universal Real-Time moves slightly faster or slower based on gravitational forces, and not just for clocks, for everything within that gravitational field.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA NO WRONG! Gravity does NOT cause Time to move slower or faster!!! Again, the Universal-Present-Moment can ONLY EXIST if Time CAN'T be slowed down by ANYTHING! Thats the ONLY way for EVERYTHING that exists to be in the Universal-Present-Moment of Time!!! Gravity can only slow down man-made clocks, Gravity CANNOT slow down Universal Time!!!! LOL!! Time is a METAPHYSICAL realm of reality!! It CANNOT be PHYSICALLY ALTERED!!! LOL in other words TIME TRAVEL IS NOT REAL!! ALL THAT EXIST IS THE PRESENT, nothing is slightly more in the future or the past!!! Everything is in the Present Moment!!

edit on 8-4-2024 by DragonGod77 because: fix

edit on 8-4-2024 by DragonGod77 because: for some reason ATS doesnt always post the full thing i write so i have to keep doing this until it posts it all my words

edit on 8-4-2024 by DragonGod77 because: agian ATS glitches n doesnt post everything i wrote so i guess i have to post 3 different times to post everything i wrote

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   
the eternal Now is superior ... but only in the Esoteric ... in the Practical Reality all time emanates from 'Mission Control'

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Evolution is no law. It is a deception.

Everything devolves and entropy naturally increases into chaos.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Let's start with time on Earth. We have seconds, minutes, and hours. These are measurable with an atomic clock (or just a ticking watch) anywhere in the universe, including the Moon, although of course the actual passage of that will depend on local gravity.

Then we have days. On Earth, this is defined by the Earth's spin on its axis, and comes to a handy 24 hours. The Moon's spin, though, is extremely slow, taking around 28 Earth days. So if we go by that route, there would be about 672 hours in one lunar day, a bit too much, isn't it? But still usable. It might be handy to come up with a new division in-between, corresponding to the more familiar 24hrs cycle. There would be 28 of those in a lunar day. Let's call it a "luniar". So, we have seconds, minutes, hours, luniars, and days.

What about weeks? On Earth, it's just 7 days. A lunar 7-day week would last a whopping 196 earth-days (or "luniars" on the Moon).

You can see how it becomes more and more difficult if we try to apply the divisions of time we use on Earth to the Moon.

60 seconds = 1 minute
60 minutes = 1 hour
24 hours = 1 luniar
28 luniars = 1 day
edit on 18-4-2024 by wildespace2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join