It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polly Klass' murderer wants off death row. Will he succeed to the outrage of many?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The abduction of Polly Klass is one of the most infamous child abduction and murders in history.

For those who don't know, Richard Davis broke into their home while 12 year old Polly was having a sleepover with some of her friends. Yes her mom was home. He blindfolded the friends and abducted and murdered Polly.

He has been on death row since his trial in 1996. And rightfully so if you ask me. Well, actually I think he should have been executed years ago.

Richard Davis had a violent criminal record prior to this crime and this is actually the reason California passed the three strikes law.

Now, because of overcrowding I guess?

However, since then, a swelling prison population has meant the state has moved to eliminate sentencing enhancements for prior convictions, which Davis is now arguing should apply to his punishment. He is demanding a new sentencing in his case that could bring an end to his time on death row. 

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Davis confessed and led cops to Polly's body and there is DNA evidence linking him to the murder.

There are few things that keep me up at night but every time I think about this case, I can't help but feel so sad for those little girls who must have been so scared when a strange knife wielding man came into their room and blindfolded them, wondering what would happen next, then he steals their friend and ultimately murders her. The psychological toll that must have took on those girls. I can't even imagine. The psychological toll and deep sadness on Polly's parents must have been so immense as well. You're supposed to be safe at home. This is not supposed to happen.

I dont know what the motivation would be for a court to lower Davis' sentence to even LWOP. I dont know why that would help overcrowding unless taking him off death row would allow them to move him to a different state's prison thus making him someone else's problem. They move inmates who are serving LWOP to different states all the time like Chris Watts got moved to Wisconsin and Psycho Stauch got moved to Kansas.

I just can't get behind taking someone who is the worst kind of person, a child killer. An abductor. A life long criminal who confessed to killing a 12 year old little girl off of death row under any circumstances.

I think what would help the overcrowding more than just shuffling people around is to actually execute people. Let them know that a death sentence is just that. It isn't something where you sit in jail for 10 or 15 years after your appeals are exhausted.

Especially in cases like this where we not only have a confession that is not in question, since he led cops to her body after he confessed but also DNA evidence linking him to the murder. This should be an open and shut death penalty execution. Instead he has sat in jail for 28 years. What kind of deterrent is that? It isn't one. IN MY OPINION.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

I remember this case and how I felt when they found her body, so he leaves in nothing more than a body bag…leave it out to rot somewhere like he did her.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Do all the death row inmates and do them all In one day. One after the other. Many think they have years to live cut that down to minutes.

Serious they should make an example and totally gut death row in one day. Firing squads the whole 9 yards.

I’d literally pay a fee for pay per view. More then UFC

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Do all the death row inmates and do them all In one day. One after the other. Many think they have years to live cut that down to minutes.

Serious they should make an example and totally gut death row in one day. Firing squads the whole 9 yards.

I’d literally pay a fee for pay per view. More then UFC

I wouldn't go that far just because there are innocent people and I am an iron fist of justice kinda girl but there have been people executed that probably shouldn't have been one in particular I can think of that was just mostly based on eyewitness ID which is unreliable. I think in ones like this where there is DNA that definitely proves it, I don't understand why we even have the death penalty as a sentence if we are not going to use it which raises the question how else do we deter crimes like this?

They want to remove sentencing enhancements like I am not positive but I believe the enhancement that got him the death penalty was the kidnapping charge or the fact that she was a minor. All that will do is move him to a cushier cell because I can't see him ever having any possibility of parole whatsoever. So why even do that?

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Exactly why waste more time and money. Why risk more innocent lives by releasing or even by housing them in jail.

I agree if you receive the death penalty, through confession or DNA particularly, but I am not opposed to reasonable doubt. You should be summarily executed that day. No lethal injection either, hanging or firing squad or chair are the three flavours of death available.

edit on 5-4-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   
That’s a long time to wait, California should put in an express lane for convicted child killers.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   
At least he gave up the body location. Life in prison, no parole. A lot of people have gotten off easier with worse. I don't think life in prison is an easy sentence, and I don't believe in the death penalty.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It’s not easy no it would be terrible. But it is a waste of money. Life in prison might be much crueler than the death sentence actually.

Life in prison with torture would be cool too at least we would know for sure it’s worse then the death sentnace and we could rest easy knowing we are getting our moneys worth.

Or we can save lots of money and use about 1$ dollar of hot lead injected directly into the brain.

a reply to: sine.nomine

edit on 5-4-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Reality is, because of all these laws and restrictions, death penalties are somehow difficult and expensive. Go figure that once the government is involved, this is what happens.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Make him cry for his life when you do to him what he did to a helpless young girl but stop short of killing him and do it all again the following day, then repeat until he stops breathing.

Give the other death row inmates an incentive to participate, it doesn't have to be getting off the row, maybe a reward for their family or some other deals.
edit on 4/5/2024 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If there is one thing ill learn in this life is how #ed up and unfair the united states prison for profit, federal and state legal system is. Prison and jail is big business. Way bigger than walmart or apple. My little boy will grow up witbout his father, the love of my life because of a 30 year prison sentence handed to him a couple years ago for drug possession over a traffic stop and a cop saying he smelled weed. I wont be alive when he gets out, i have learned to accept it. There was no vicims in the crime he commited. But to get back to the main subject, Cases like the ops topic should be mandatory execution sentencing requirements and death row inmates should be executed swiftly. Not to be housed for more than 30 days after sentencing. I mean, he didnt give that little girl a living chance, but he feels hes entitled and deserving of a chance of being released, free and clear? Damn, just that alone proves hes still a very dangerous person.
eply to: Shoshanna

top topics

join