It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why to avoid TikTok

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burritocat
I would never have tik tok, or any social media, because its just a way for the government to spy on you

You're on social media right now. đź•ş

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 06:03 AM
link   
TikTok is really popular, but there are some reasons to be cautious. Joe Rogan mentioned that in China, TikTok (called Douyin) shows a lot of educational and positive content. Meanwhile, the version we get in other countries often highlights silly or even harmful videos. This difference makes people worry about what kind of content is being pushed to us and how it might affect us.

For students, TikTok can be especially distracting. Many students spend so much time on the app that they lose focus on their studies. As a result, when they calculate CGPA or GPA, they find that their scores are much lower than they expected. This can seriously hurt their academic careers and future opportunities.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The younger generations seem to not understand caution when it comes to electronics and data etc. Mainly because for the most part, nothing bad is happening to them. At least not that they can tell. And, they don't care about privacy. They have been living their lives socially for many years. It's a new world.

The repercussions of giving their privacy and personals to any and all that want it, don't seem to be an issue. We who know history can see where this might not be a good idea. And the phrase....

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it” (often attributed to Spanish philosopher George Santayana from his 1905 work The Life of Reason")

....does not resonate with them. It's unfortunate, but sometimes you have to get burned before you can appreciate the need for mitigating bad decisions and actions.

edit on th30202400000030bSat, 08 Jun 2024 08:47:28 -05002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

It's sad that I need to go to tictok to stay abreast of world and US news. Mainstream media has become overwhelmingly biased, and it puts it's own fake news on blast. While many Americans still indulge in the agenda foisted upon us by CNN, MSNBC and the likes, I can go find my own bias on tictok. You can go follow your own bias as well, but you might find that you like both sides of the story. The true danger to America is the censorship of opposing view points

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join