It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ONCE AGAIN, Democrats say the First Amendment is "not absolute"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: grey580

Oh so there IS "sex" stuff involved !! 😀

Up to Parents now to "eduictae" kids. 😃

Is "Idiocracy" on any lists? 🤣

Have you read 1984? It was required reading when I was in high school. Brave New World too. Nobody cared about the sex part way back then. It's hard to understand why teenagers couldn't handle it now.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Venkuish1

Haven't you figured it out yet?

Is it because of your lack of vernacular comprehension?

We don't use slang, for Official Documentation and Terminology.

Words definition don't change, they're not fluid, like your gender is not fluid. Words don't mean what they don't mean.

Got it?

We don't change the definition of red, just because some tweens use it as slang, stop pushing your bs.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: grey580

Oh so there IS "sex" stuff involved !! 😀

Up to Parents now to "eduictae" kids. 😃

Is "Idiocracy" on any lists? 🤣

Have you read 1984? It was required reading when I was in high school. Brave New World too. Nobody cared about the sex part way back then. It's hard to understand why teenagers couldn't handle it now.

1984 is a great family gathering publication. Fit for Sunday Afternoons in Summer. 😃

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So, you haven't read it. Lady Chatterley's Love it is not. You probably haven't read that either.

Sexuality in Orwell's 1984 is frowned upon. Sex between outer party members is strictly forbidden and punishable by death. The Party seeks to stamp out the sex instinct.

www.gradesaver.com...

Sounds just like today's GOP and the Christian Nationalism movement. I just can't for the life of fathom why they might not like a book like 1984, or The Handmaiden's Tale as proper reading material for high school students. /sarc

edit on 5220242024k13America/Chicago2024-03-11T16:13:52-05:0004pm2024-03-11T16:13:52-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

You are assuming that they are only banning smut.

Books like 1984 and To Kill a Mockingbird are on the banned list.

Give me a good reason as why books like that should be banned?

I doubt that you will.

I wasn't assuming a damn thing bud. I'll lay it out real simple even for you to grasp. What I am fully against are these super leftist whacko fruit cakes attempting to INFILTRATE little kids with an agenda to subvert their morality.

Does that effing get through to ya? Damn straight.

Give me a good reason why you can't comprehend these simple concepts. I doubt that you will.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
a reply to: Venkuish1

Haven't you figured it out yet?

Is it because of your lack of vernacular comprehension?

We don't use slang, for Official Documentation and Terminology.

Words definition don't change, they're not fluid, like your gender is not fluid. Words don't mean what they don't mean.

Got it?

We don't change the definition of red, just because some tweens use it as slang, stop pushing your bs.

As language evolves the way we describe various terms changes over time. If you take a look at other English speaking countries they have used the term alien in the past but no longer use it now because it is outdated. Instead they use the terms migrant and foreigner or foreign national.

Official terminology evolves and changes too. And more importantly the laws don't remain the same and change in the passage of time. You haven't made a good point rather than stating how the US described foreign nationals in the past.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join