It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actor Terrence Howard - It's Immoral To Tax Slave Descendants - Owes 1 Million in Back Taxes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTophat
The Native Americans get the land.

Black people can have tax breaks for their businesses.

Then we enact a 59% inheritance tax across the board.

Nope. Many tribes owned black slaves.

Really I guess we all should get off the hook considering everyone on earth prolly has ancestors that were slaves. Romans, Greeks, twileeks...

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 10:15 PM
link   
That's why they yell reparations they want free crap 😅

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Then we also have to give California and Texas back to Mexico.
Thanks Terrance

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 11:45 PM
link   
My Czech grandparents on my father's side, from Czechoslovakia, are commonly referred to as Slavic or Slavs. These were the people that the Ancient Romans got their slaves from, in fact, Slav is the root of the word slave. I have Irish blood as well, there were slaves among that bunch too.

Then my mother's family's side has some southern slave owners. Matter of fact, her family brought over the first black slave couple to what would become the U.S., and many black people proudly trace their lineage to that first black family. Mom's family from James Town also poisoned an entire native American village during a treaty-signing ceremony, slaughtering all those who didn't drink the poisoned beverages.

So does my ancestral claim to being a victim of slavery cancel the slave ownership part? If so does the sin of genocide of an entire Native village follow me through the generations regardless? Mom's side is still only half of my heritage and only a few of those were "guilty" of slave ownership and the genocide thing, does that count? How many generations do I need to go to wash myself clean from the sins of my fathers? How many generations can I go and still claim to be a victim?

I don't think there is a lawyer who would take my case if it came to that.

edit on 3/1/2024 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Seems to me the British Crown has some measure of responsibility for the Irish, Welsh and Scots who were their slaves after they chased off the Vikings.

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Kurokage
As a desendant of a 'broken' people, he seems to have done well over his acting career to owe a million in back taxes??

That's what I was thinking ... what kind of income does he have to owe a million in taxes. Geeeze. Hey I"m Irish and English and my ancestors were slaves for sure at some point. Do I get anything and if so from who? I wanna' know! Do I sue the descendants of Vikings or what??

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 12:29 AM
link   
My Native American family members tell me the history is they took their land from someone before white people showed up and they kept slaves. They are honest. You may not be.

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Thanks Terrance

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Station27

Your ancestors were vikings, mine were Irish and English, guess that means you owe me a living. ha ha

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   
How many generations? Great question. Some people need to get over themselves wanting something not their due like this cat.

I think if your grandma was a slave wherever she lived and she is still alive, then she has a case. No one else but actual slaves have a case. The simple facts are a strong group of Europeans were once a weak group and themselves slaves. Life on this Earth is about conflict and the interest of those capable of lifting up some society. They can do this for a period of time only because of military strength . One that like grew from the need for Defensive strategy but that ends up growing into Offensive power. So, no matter the moral fiber of such as that only matters in Heaven as they do not practice that moral stuff at those levels on this Earth. Bottom line, they existed and still do to some degree planet wide.

originally posted by: TheMichiganSwampBuck
My Czech grandparents on my father's side, from Czechoslovakia, are commonly referred to as Slavic or Slavs. These were the people that the Ancient Romans got their slaves from, in fact, Slav is the root of the word slave. I have Irish blood as well, there were slaves among that bunch too.

Then my mother's family's side has some southern slave owners. Matter of fact, her family brought over the first black slave couple to what would become the U.S., and many black people proudly trace their lineage to that first black family. Mom's family from James Town also poisoned an entire native American village during a treaty-signing ceremony, slaughtering all those who didn't drink the poisoned beverages.

So does my ancestral claim to being a victim of slavery cancel the slave ownership part? If so does the sin of genocide of an entire Native village follow me through the generations regardless? Mom's side is still only half of my heritage and only a few of those were "guilty" of slave ownership and the genocide thing, does that count? How many generations do I need to go to wash myself clean from the sins of my fathers? How many generations can I go and still claim to be a victim?

I don't think there is a lawyer who would take my case if it came to that.

edit on 2000000073120243America/Chicago03am3 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ScarletDarkness
Early Europeans enslaved each other as well. Slavery was pretty much a common fact of the world, and it usually stemmed from the populations who lost a war. Asia, Africa, South America, Europe. No empire prior to the 19th century was immune from a history of slavery at some point. At some point, humanity evolved and agreed this is just some really effed up behavior.

It would be nice if humanity could agree to their own difference and evolve together into a more peaceful stellar existence at the societal while still maintaining our individuality and personal beliefs and customs at the tribal/family/clan level .

America and Russia, China and India, Israel and Iran just agreeing to cooperate together for the endeavor of peaceful stellar exploration, while still maintaining sovereign jurisdictions over our own populations and maintaining our own economies and trade agreements as we see fit. Everyone in their own can stay Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Atheist, Hindu and elect their own folks.

Humanity is on a positive trend, I believe we can do it. We are finally starting to make our first strides in overthrowing the old exploitative mindset of world domination and slowly easing into world cooperation. I know we will do it. My kids will help usher it in because I have been teaching them just that. So will others who have parents that have also taught them these concepts.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
My Native American family members tell me the history is they took their land from someone before white people showed up and they kept slaves. They are honest. You may not be.

Thanks Terrance

And what about you? Are you honest?

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Thanks Terrance

Would be a win. Perhaps all illegal 'immigrants' can move there then as well, especially as Commiefornia is such an 'utopia'

I would also assume all 'non-whites' not originally from the US would move back to their countries

And while we're at , let's empty Europe from all endless illegal immigrants , give it back to us whites so we have somewhere to go as well

edit on 2-3-2024 by ScarletDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Early Europeans enslaved each other as well. Slavery was pretty much a common fact of the world,...

Everyone alive probably has ancestors who were slaves to someone else at some point. That's no reason to get a free ride now. Heck ... slavery still happens in the world today. Even in Africa. And especially sex slavery in Asia. And in parts of Islam, the first wife is the real wife and then wives number 2,3,4 are the ones that do all the housework and are basically sex slaves to the 'husband'. It's a form of slavery.

Yet no one talks about it.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   
You can take my honesty to the bank any day. What about yours?

Thanks Terrance

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   

You can take my honesty to the bank any day. What about yours?

Thanks Terrance

Sure, those pants DO make your hips look skinny!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join