It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Harry Considering American Citizenship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI2

No, the problem with Wallace Simpson was that she was divorced

So is Meghan. But you are absolutely correct.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The UK can keep him lol

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel
Indeed. But England today is much less Church of England than it was in 1936.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Speculation - Archie and Lilibet to go to England to Visit Charles

One 'royal expert' says that Harry will be taking his kids to go visit Charles in England.
Nothing on Meghan going or not.
Any chance they can STAY THERE FOR GOOD?

Yeah .. sounds mean .. but I don't care.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Aaah, those evile divorcees!!!
Thanks for adding that bit to the equation.

I also didn't realize the distinction between royals and aristocrats...thanks for that as well.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Well, if he does come alone with the children.... there is this to keep at the back of your mind...

While regular grandparents have to go through the courts if they want custody of their grandchildren, the king has automatic legal custody of all of his descendants and his minor grandchildren.
The monarch has legal custody of their grandchildren, royal historian Marlene Koenig told News.com.au. in 2018.

This means Charles technically has custody of Prince William and Kate Middleton's three children, Prince George, Prince Charlotte, and Prince Louis, and Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.

This 300-year-old rule may seem odd, and though it's unlikely the king would ever take his grandchildren away from their parents, the law is still technically there.

Link

Hmmmm.... a Royal commentator alluded to something being afoot and all will be revealed by the Spring.... It's not beyond the realms of possibility that perhaps there are moves afoot to get Harry and the children back to the UK sans Meghan. No matter how much she would try to fight for custody.... she wont get it.
Just worth keeping in mind.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Good catch. That will go back to the Royal Marriage Law of the time of George III, which mainly prevents his descendants from marrying without the king's permission. This would have been designed to stop Catholics getting back into the line of succession (much worse than divorcees) and generally keep it out of unfriendly hands. If only Harry had been rebellious enough to marry Meghan without royal consent, they could have excluded him on those grounds. Too late now.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Oh noes!!!
Another dumb comment from Harry to stay in the headlines!! Every single time media interest wanes one or both of them say or do something asinine to remain front & center.
They are predictable as a sunrise.

Anyone look into whether their taxes are more if he remains a UK citizen or if he goes American?
I'm betting that would be the deciding factor.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Following on from my last post, another thought occurs to me. If Harry wanted peace badly enough to make a self-sacrifice, he could voluntarily drop out of the line of succession simply by announcing his conversion to Catholicism. perhaps not likely, but logically possible.

Sorry, Flyers Fan, but there is an ancient race-memory in England which says that if the king is allowed to be a Catholic we will end up as effectively the subjects of Louis XIV. I'm sure you will agree that being subjects of Louis XIV would be a bad thing for anybody. "No Bourbons, except chocolate Bourbons".

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I wish the both of them would emigrate elsewhere and becomes citizens of elsewhere. A useless as pair of ticks as ever were.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   

It also just occured to me that Harry's 'team' (for the want of a better description) said that he was hoping for a 'temporary position' within the Royal Family' to help while his father undergoes treatment from cancer. I am willing to bet on this chronology:
#1 Harry flies to UK to offer his 'services' to Charle's..... in the hope daddy says yes.... thus the optics: things are getting better relationship wise.
#2 Charles in half an hour tells him to go back home... he and Meghan were lined up to take over running/representing the Commonwealth, heck, even Meghan's veil on their wedding day showed the world where that was going. The pair of them p***ed all over that opportunity.
#3 Harry goes home and let's it leak he is hoping for a 'temporary position' within the Royal family.
#4 Buckingham Palace say/announce that there will be no 'temporary position' for Harry.
#5 Harry now announces he'll bring the grandchildren to visit Grandpa and their cousins...... talk about emotional blackmail! Apparently Charles has never ever met Lilibet and she's 2 years old now!
Harry just doesn't know when to stop.... but Charle's is getting pushed to drawing a line in the sand and say enough is enough as William has done.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Justin's Beaver?

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Interesting! Although I doubt Charles would want them. He doesn't seem to be overly attached to them, or to Prince Harry. But I could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Let's hope you are wrong. Charles is a father afterall.
Maybe Harry has asked for his father's help to get him and the children back to the UK sans Meghan?
I'm waiting to see if what the Royal commentator hinted at (she's some Lady something-or-another and turns in their 'circle') about some great big announcement coming out in Spring regarding the Sussex pair. We shall have to wait and see.
Anything is possible at this stage, as Royal families plan generations in advance.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
I wish the both of them would emigrate elsewhere and becomes citizens of elsewhere. A useless as pair of ticks as ever were.

The imaginary country of 'elsewhere' would be good.
I don't think England wants them back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join