It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Rolex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 03:03 AM
link   
A guy driving a nice new Mercedes parks along the side of a road and opens the door but a car drives by at the same time and rips the door off the car before coming to a stop.

The Mercedes driver runs up to the car and starts yelling at the driver: ‘look at what you’ve done to my brand new Mercedes, it’s completely wrecked!’

The other driver replies: ‘wow you’re a real capitalist pig, you care so much about your stupid car you haven’t even realised your arm has been ripped off your body!’

Hearing this the Mercedes driver panics and shouts: ‘oh foock, my Rolex!’

edit on 11-2-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Cool)))
In the 2000s, when there was crazy oil money in Russia, I had a Mercedes, but I didn’t have a gold Rolex with a gold bracelet. There was a modest Vacheron Constantin on his hand in white gold with the same bracelet priced at 40,000 euros. In Russia even then, ostentatious wealth was considered a sign of bad taste. By the way, I gave my Vacheron to my friend, like all my expensive watches. I had such a weakness.
It amazes me that times are returning to America when show-off is more valuable than morality.(((

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I know people who have megabills and lots of stuff and they think they are rich because they have a decent income.

The job can be lost in one day, the money you have can disappear from people who can hack your accounts but your mortgage and bills will not. They are at risk of loosing everything. Stock values are dependent on belief of society, your bank accounts can be hacked, you can get sued by someone even if you did nothing wrong, and even though you won, your lawyers fees are your responsibility many times.

It is easier to start over if you have no bills.

Your house can drop way down in value if there is a depression, but your mortgage does not. Your expensive junk can lose most of their value if things collapse, if you have no debt, you at least can afford to keep them.

The economy is dependent on the belief of society and that can collapse if things go wrong, it has done that many times in history. Now unsecured debt can be used to put a lean on what you own under certain conditions and most people do not realize they changed that. Even debts that someone started in your name that went to court somewhere else in the country that a creditor sued you for. Make sure to have your county send you any notifications of pending debts on your property and check if any has been added to your deed occasionally.

This country is turning bad when deceivers can steal from people so easily.

I am Rick, I prefer not to be called Rich even though my name is Richard. I am also Rickymouse.
edit on 11-2-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 04:53 AM
link   

edit on 2/12/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

top topics

join