It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Checking on the status of the website

page: 33
<< 30  31  32   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   
That comment about DARCO and his wife disappearing not only from ATS but also IRL from Sceptic is interesting.
So he got weird, then failed as an employee for the new owner of ATS, and then disappeared.

Hmmm, maybe he went to jail?

I was gaming with a guy once and he said he had to "go away" for two years and wouldn't be playing anymore and completely out of contact, he refused to say why or what, but that he would be coming back at some point after that.
Sceptic also said the new owner was a crypto guy, didn't some go to jail recently for fraud?

ATS failing because of a lack of interest by the owner is really sad, he should have resold it, if he didn't care anymore.

edit on 16-5-2024 by NewGuy3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NewGuy3

If I owned this site and lost interest in it, I would still be interested in making $1 million or even $100,000 (US) from it. Of all the members on here, somebody on here has that kind of spare change.

Run some google ads on the right side and you'll make the money back. Give members the option to pay a small premium to be able to turn the ads off.

Use the revenue to hire a small staff with some qualified skills to take care of bugs and hack attacks.

With that said, the easiest thing in the world to do is to tell other people how to spend their money when you have no money on the table.

Oh well. Until the lights go out......

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Genfinity

There was a group of members who tried to buy ATS.
Maybe some of them are still around to offer info on what happened with their attempt.

ETA
Also, ATS has not had any meaningful updates or fixes in a LOT of years....bringing it up to snuff may not be possible.

edit on Thu May 16 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I was one of the 10. However, I did not have direct contact with SO. FCD, was originally the point of contact. He bowed about a month or so in, then Kishekhe took over. If you want the real lowdown, I’d ask them.

Honestly, from my perspective, it did not seem like SO wanted to sell it to us (for what reason I don’t know). The process was very complicated and involved; and hard to remember as it was 3 years ago. Again from my perspective, it appeared that it was being overly complicated - which made some of our team (including myself) disenchanted.

Some of the complications were due to SO wanting to separate the site, the domain, and The Above Network (TAN). Essentially, a lot of moving parts that were to be splintered off in different directions.

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Genfinity

If I owned this site and lost interest in it, I would still be interested in making $1 million or even $100,000 (US) from it. Of all the members on here, somebody on here has that kind of spare change.

:

I would think the 3 letters have more than enough $$$ to carry ATS thru the rough times or perhaps they have enough disinfo projects as it is....

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I wrote a thread a few months back proposing Darko was actually Yevgeny Prigozhin (or one of his troll farm employees), and how the timeline around his death coincided with Darko's disappearance.

Now that we know from SO that the buyer was some big crypto guy -- that definitely makes it more believable to me. Russians are huge into crypto and that's how they finance their Western operations. So are other nations.

I'd be interested in knowing whether they ever met the buyer, or if it was all over anonymous communication or emails? Were any precautions made that it wasn't a foreign government buying it all?

Was The Above Network sold, or just ATS?

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Regrettably, staff knows no more (however no less either) than you about the sale.

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Genfinity
Run some google ads on the right side and you'll make the money back. Give members the option to pay a small premium to be able to turn the ads off.
It sounds like you don't know why the site was sold. The former owners claimed it was no longer profitable, citing such factors as advertisers no longer wanting to advertise on sites where there were comments (and this site is all comments), and too many visitors to the site running adblockers, tanking ad revenue. You might want to read this thread by one of the former owners, to catch up on why it was sold:

Transparency On The Future of ATS

This thread is also interesting, where the owner updated us on the sale saying the new owner is a big fan of the site:

The new owner is a fan of the site. He is committed to everything we built here.

In retrospect, we have to question if that's true or what changed if it was true but no longer is, since we haven't seen the new owner's commitment to this site recently, especially during the big lockout.

originally posted by: Mahogani

I wrote a thread a few months back proposing Darko was actually Yevgeny Prigozhin (or one of his troll farm employees), and how the timeline around his death coincided with Darko's disappearance.
If the new owner died, that would be a valid excuse for no longer showing any interest in the site for which he was supposedly a big fan. But that timing could just be a coincidence.

The former owner said he is contractually obligated to not reveal information about the new owner, but I don't know if that includes informing us if the new owner is dead even if he doesn't reveal who it is or was.

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Does an NDA apply to the dead?
OR
If they go to jail?

There comes a time when NDA do more harm than good for all parties, this seems like one of those times

If people knew who the guy was, he could be contacted and a offer made, since they don't care he would probably take it.
If they died, it means their estate inherited it, they might not even be aware of ATS or what it is.
edit on 16-5-2024 by NewGuy3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

Now that we know from SO that the buyer was some big crypto guy -- that definitely makes it more believable to me. Russians are huge into crypto and that's how they finance their Western operations. So are other nations.

I'd be interested in knowing whether they ever met the buyer, or if it was all over anonymous communication or emails? Were any precautions made that it wasn't a foreign government buying it all?

Was The Above Network sold, or just ATS?

Right. I see you attended the Elizabeth Warren crypto academy, meaning you have no idea what you're talking about and parrot whatever best serves the interests of the globalist banker's cult.

How does not posting your unpopular political propaganda here harm "The Russians" that you think own the site, anyway? You still haven't gotten around to answering that, though you continue to post here to further explain why you won't post here.

Isn't it brave and stunning to stick it to Putin? Shouldn't you be posting even more than before to counter the Russian threat? What exactly do you think "The Russians" gain from your OPs?

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 07:41 PM
link   

" Sceptic also said the new owner was a crypto guy, didn't some go to jail recently for fraud? "

Hmm... I wonder if Max Keiser bought ATS ?.......Hmm...

top topics

<< 30  31  32   >>

join