It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble using Wi-Fi on my phone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I have a Samsung phone that uses spectrum for wifi and phone service. My phone bill atm is past due and even with wifi calls enabled it redirects calls to spectrums pay number. The wifi is separate and paid and working fine. (I am tryin to make a wifi phone call) Any help will be appreciated.
edit on 29-1-2024 by bluemooone44 because: (no reason given)
I may need to pay the bill or get another carrier I think , but I found Talktone a free wifi phone app. I will let you know how well it works.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone44

I think you may be out of luck.

From Spectrum's website...

WiFi Calling with Spectrum Mobile

WiFi Calling allows you to make and receive calls over a WiFi network if cellular service is weak or unavailable. This feature is available on all Spectrum Mobile phones and is included with all Spectrum Mobile plans at no extra cost.

From the wording (my emphasized text) it appears the wifi calling feature is directly dependent on the mobile plan, which you say is overdue; therefore, fundamentally separate from the wifi plan.

There are many other wifi calling apps, like Skype, that would be totally separate from Spectrum, but many may have subscription plans or pay-per-use.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Ya , I came to the same conclusion. Thank you . The free Talktone app is working surprisingly well so far. And no credit card needed just a email. a reply to: Encia22

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Good to know. I'm glad you found a solution.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   

edit on 1/29/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Most mobile companies use deceptive marketing to advertise something as free, but to actually gouge you more if you use their 'free' stuff because there are a lot of small print caveats and exclusions.

A classic is to offer large numbers of 'free texts' or 'free calls' on a monthly plan, and people think that sounds good, and so they sign up for the plan, and after the first month, when the plan comes up for renewal, the whole free bit is quietly ignored (it was a one off, only for the first sign-up) and that even applies if you only actually made one or two calls or texts in the first month. The whole number of free 'whatever' is wiped, and it was just a ploy to get you to sign up to the plan (which usually has higher per-text/per-call costs than normal, to cover their potential losses from the first month, in perpetuity).

And also, once they have made the initial configuration for connection, they don't have to do anything more, ever, and yet they keep claiming ongoing fees for the service/s. And their maintenance costs that they pay internally are a miniscule amount when compared to their incomes.

edit on 2024-01-29T14:30:37-06:0002Mon, 29 Jan 2024 14:30:37 -060001pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 04:06 AM
link   

edit on 1/30/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

top topics

join