It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

''Magpie'' by The Unthanks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Switching away from the joyous sounds if Amy Laurenson, here are The Unthanks with a dirge. There is a defiant stand in this piece, a strength of will against oppressive odds. It's very solemn. Common to Celtic music is the drone. The drone is well known in the bagpipes and runs as a constant though much of this music. This piece begins with a quiet drone and holds to a somber stance throughout.

I"m huge on chords. Major chords, minor chords, diminished chords etc. This piece is filled with Celtic chords that can chill one to the bone .

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ive always enjoyed the Unthanks material and the lead vocalist has very alluring lips. Their version of The Testimony of Patience Kershaw hit me like a ton of bricks and set me to investigate the actual story behind the song which made it even more poignant.

a reply to: BingoMcGoof

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhat

Thank you , I will check it out. Truth is I haven't gotten past Magpie as yet. That plus the Amy Laurenson music posted just before this one has me involved. I just got Spotify and am lost in not only the magnitude of the place but the brilliance I am finding in hidden quarters.It's tough that so much of the popular music is tied up with a few dozen performers .

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

This sounds very haunting, I like it.

Hey, try this random song generator for Spotify
I’ve found some pretty cool stuff I would not have found otherwise.

random-song.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2024 @ 02:37 AM
link   

edit on 1/21/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join