It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Research Reveals How UV Light Inactivates Coronavirus Particles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So I have been doing some reading into this whole C-19 plandemic and I remember when it first came out the governemnt body was telling everyone to please stay at home during the lock downs. Now it was important to note this was during winter time when it was rather cloudy and cold (no sunlight) and most people did not go outside and just stayed indoors (again, no sunlight).

So these two studies below researched the effects of UVA-/B/C lights on DISINFECTING Sars2-Covid virus using the UV lights for killing the virus.

I am wondering if this was something the corrupt scientists knew and same with big pharma...to prevent people from getting any UV light on them? naturally from the sun? More importantly, is there something more special about UVC that warrants further exploration? Both articles and researches were quite interesting.

www.sci.news...
Jan. 11, 2024

SARS-CoV-2 viral particles are composed of a core of nucleic acid chains that contain the genetic information of the virus, surrounded by a lipid membrane with proteinous spikes sticking out. Each component is necessary for infection.

In the new study...colleagues investigated how UV laser light destroys the virus by impacting each of these critical components.

By using a specialized laser at two different wavelengths, they were able to determine how each viral component degraded under the bright light.

The researchers found that 266-nm light caused RNA damage at low powers, affecting the genetic information of the virus.

The 266-nm light also damaged the structure of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, reducing its ability to bind to human cells by breaking down disulphide bonds and aromatic amino acids.

The 227-nm light was less effective at inducing RNA damage, but more effective at damaging proteins through oxidation (a chemical reaction involving oxygen) which unfolds the protein’s structure.

Importantly, SARS-CoV-2 has among the largest of genomes for RNA viruses. This makes it especially sensitive to genomic damage.

UV light includes UVA, UVB and UVC light. Very little UVC light at frequencies below 280 nm reaches the Earth’s surface from the Sun.

www.healthline.com...-light-and-germs

UVC light is the type of UV light that’s most effective at killing germs. It can be used to disinfect surfaces, air, and liquids.

UVC light kills germs like viruses and bacteria through damaging molecules like nucleic acids and proteins. This makes the germ incapable of performing the processes that it needs to survive.

How is UVC light currently used to kill the new coronavirus?

Because it can effectively inactivate the new coronavirus without using chemicals, UVC light is an attractive option for disinfection. Special lamps that emit UVC light are typically used for this purpose.

Currently, the use of UVC light for disinfection is mostly limited to healthcare settings to disinfect things like:

surfaces
equipment
operating rooms
personal protective equipment (PPE)

I know it is impossible to actually treat the virus precisely by UV irradiation, but as we saw each different wavelength affected the virus in different ways to "deactivate it". Certainly at the present UVC is the light where it has the best effect on treating any surface, but not quite there yet how to get this light transdermally through human skin without damaging the cells of humans.

Rapid and complete inactivation of SARS-CoV-2 by ultraviolet-C irradiation
www.nature.com...
Dec. 30, 2020

Contact with surfaces contaminated with droplets generated by infected persons through exhaling, talking, coughing and sneezing is a major driver of SARS-CoV-2 transmission, with the virus being able to survive on surfaces for extended periods of time.

Here, we describe the inactivation of SARS-CoV-2 in both wet and dry format using radiation generated by a commercially available Signify ultraviolet (UV)-C light source at 254 nm.

A recent study looked at the combined effectiveness of UV-A/UV-C irradiation of SARS-CoV-2 in comparison to UV-A or UV-C alone. The study found that UV-A was a poor means of inactivating SARS-CoV-2 in comparison to inactivation by 1.94 mW/cm2 UV-C.

At a wavelength of 254 nm, viral inactivation can be attributed to direct UV-C light absorption and photochemical damage to nucleic acid, leading to the disruption of viral replication.

“Now we understand the differential sensitivity of molecular components in viruses to light deactivation this opens up the possibility of a finely tuned disinfection technology.”

So I am wondering that if we wanted to rid of the virus off our hands or touchable surfaces instead of just wearing masks or gloves, or application of isopropyl alcohol on our hands, would it have been a better strategy to install UV lighting everywhere or at least purchase a carry around UV light? Coronavirus has been around for a long time, so I am sure there must have been some prior research laying around somewhere in a lab.

Also it was important to note that once the lockdowns went away, it was funny how this came around when we had more warmer-summer like conditions where everyone would go outside and get some sun...and the virus mysteriously went mostly away. HMMMMMMMMM!

Just thought this researcch might spark some interest in the plandemic discussion here.
edit on 16-1-2024 by Skywatcher2011 because: added notes and extra article

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Of course they knew/know. I also recall Trump mentioning going out into the sun. Damn that orangutanned man!

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
So I have been doing some reading into this whole C-19 plandemic and I remember when it first came out the governemnt body was telling everyone to please stay at home during the lock downs. Now it was important to note this was during winter time when it was rather cloudy and cold (no sunlight) and most people did not go outside and just stayed indoors (again, no sunlight).

So these two studies below researched the effects of UVA-/B/C lights on DISINFECTING Sars2-Covid virus using the UV lights for killing the virus.

I am wondering if this was something the corrupt scientists knew and same with big pharma...to prevent people from getting any UV light on them? naturally from the sun? More importantly, is there something more special about UVC that warrants further exploration? Both articles and researches were quite interesting.

www.sci.news...
Jan. 11, 2024

SARS-CoV-2 viral particles are composed of a core of nucleic acid chains that contain the genetic information of the virus, surrounded by a lipid membrane with proteinous spikes sticking out. Each component is necessary for infection.

In the new study...colleagues investigated how UV laser light destroys the virus by impacting each of these critical components.

By using a specialized laser at two different wavelengths, they were able to determine how each viral component degraded under the bright light.

The researchers found that 266-nm light caused RNA damage at low powers, affecting the genetic information of the virus.

The 266-nm light also damaged the structure of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, reducing its ability to bind to human cells by breaking down disulphide bonds and aromatic amino acids.

The 227-nm light was less effective at inducing RNA damage, but more effective at damaging proteins through oxidation (a chemical reaction involving oxygen) which unfolds the protein’s structure.

Importantly, SARS-CoV-2 has among the largest of genomes for RNA viruses. This makes it especially sensitive to genomic damage.

UV light includes UVA, UVB and UVC light. Very little UVC light at frequencies below 280 nm reaches the Earth’s surface from the Sun.

www.healthline.com...-light-and-germs

UVC light is the type of UV light that’s most effective at killing germs. It can be used to disinfect surfaces, air, and liquids.

UVC light kills germs like viruses and bacteria through damaging molecules like nucleic acids and proteins. This makes the germ incapable of performing the processes that it needs to survive.

How is UVC light currently used to kill the new coronavirus?

Because it can effectively inactivate the new coronavirus without using chemicals, UVC light is an attractive option for disinfection. Special lamps that emit UVC light are typically used for this purpose.

Currently, the use of UVC light for disinfection is mostly limited to healthcare settings to disinfect things like:

surfaces
equipment
operating rooms
personal protective equipment (PPE)

I know it is impossible to actually treat the virus precisely by UV irradiation, but as we saw each different wavelength affected the virus in different ways to "deactivate it". Certainly at the present UVC is the light where it has the best effect on treating any surface, but not quite there yet how to get this light transdermally through human skin without damaging the cells of humans.

Rapid and complete inactivation of SARS-CoV-2 by ultraviolet-C irradiation
www.nature.com...
Dec. 30, 2020

Contact with surfaces contaminated with droplets generated by infected persons through exhaling, talking, coughing and sneezing is a major driver of SARS-CoV-2 transmission, with the virus being able to survive on surfaces for extended periods of time.

Here, we describe the inactivation of SARS-CoV-2 in both wet and dry format using radiation generated by a commercially available Signify ultraviolet (UV)-C light source at 254 nm.

A recent study looked at the combined effectiveness of UV-A/UV-C irradiation of SARS-CoV-2 in comparison to UV-A or UV-C alone. The study found that UV-A was a poor means of inactivating SARS-CoV-2 in comparison to inactivation by 1.94 mW/cm2 UV-C.

At a wavelength of 254 nm, viral inactivation can be attributed to direct UV-C light absorption and photochemical damage to nucleic acid, leading to the disruption of viral replication.

“Now we understand the differential sensitivity of molecular components in viruses to light deactivation this opens up the possibility of a finely tuned disinfection technology.”

So I am wondering that if we wanted to rid of the virus off our hands or touchable surfaces instead of just wearing masks or gloves, or application of isopropyl alcohol on our hands, would it have been a better strategy to install UV lighting everywhere or at least purchase a carry around UV light? Coronavirus has been around for a long time, so I am sure there must have been some prior research laying around somewhere in a lab.

Also it was important to note that once the lockdowns went away, it was funny how this came around when we had more warmer-summer like conditions where everyone would go outside and get some sun...and the virus mysteriously went mostly away. HMMMMMMMMM!

Just thought this researcch might spark some interest in the plandemic discussion here.

Great thread Skywatcher!

This is a simple demonstration of how the electromagnetic radiation could affect viruses, bacteria, and cells. I don't know if there is a similar study about bacteriums and cells but it would be good to see the analogies.

The lower the wavelength of this radiation the higher the frequency and so the higher the energy. UV radiation is harmful to us but so does X-rays and gamma rays. But we are still using X-rays for medical purposes and we are exposed to a minimal amount for a very short period of time.

Perhaps we could have done the same and apply the same principles to damage the virus by applying different frequencies for a short period of time.

Remember this equation?

E = hf
edit on 16-1-2024 by Venkuish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju666
Of course they knew/know. I also recall Trump mentioning going out into the sun. Damn that orangutanned man!

Actually, he was talking about UBI.

UV light blood treatment.

I do it when I come back from a foreign country to cleanse the icky stuff I got from there.

My practitioner who applies it calls it blood bleaching.

Of course, he didn't understand the technology, repeated what he heard badly and the media ran with "tRump sez inject yourself with Clorox!"

The actual science behind it

edit on 100000001America/Chicago1pmTue, 16 Jan 2024 23:53:24 -060053 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

It has been known for many decades that UV light can inactivate viruses on external surfaces or in the air. However, simple chemical compounds like soap, alcohols and bleach can destroy viruses about 10 times faster. That's why it could be a good strategy to have UV sources in air conditioning ducts, where they can inactivate viruses on a continuous, but low level basis. But if you want to inactivate viruses after touching a door knob or blowing your nose, it's much more efficient to just wash or wipe your hands.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

It has been known for many decades that UV light can inactivate viruses on external surfaces or in the air. However, simple chemical compounds like soap, alcohols and bleach can destroy viruses about 10 times faster. That's why it could be a good strategy to have UV sources in air conditioning ducts, where they can inactivate viruses on a continuous, but low level basis. But if you want to inactivate viruses after touching a door knob or blowing your nose, it's much more efficient to just wash or wipe your hands.

It is rather charming and also entertaining that you missed the entire point of the OP.

But you keep doing you... one booster at a time!

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

What is the point then?
The OP thinks it is some cover up about UV light and its ability to combat nasty bacteria and virus and so on.
It's not a cover up and everyone should be fully aware oh UV lighting as a sterilization technique.
Boomer is point out that on a large scale it is just not feasible.
What part of that didn't you get?

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I have two units of Airpura air purifiers , both have also UV Germicidal Lamp at the center behind carbon filter and HEPA filter . I dont use it now , since air is clean here , but the consept works, like if the air purifiers would be on 24/7 on low setting , all the air would get UV light treatment .....works also to bacteria and mold .

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 03:53 AM
link   
No - cloud doesn't block UV, neither does glass - standard lightbubs give off UV; people were still exposed to the same UV levels..The ammount required to sterilise properly/reliably will give you various cancers and make you go blind.

UV is a great steriliser but the actual UV medical devices/sterilisers are pretty high power and require loads of other things like laminar flow hoods to sterilise all air going in or out of a controlled area.What works in a petri dish rarely translates to the humn body.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It has been known for a Long time that high UV kills all living cells.
Cells Virus and your skin! ever got sun burn?
UV of 395nm or less.

if you look at it for 5 seconds you will damage the back of your eye.
and it will scare for a short time! 2 hours.
it will feel like you have sand in your eyes.
if its lower than 360nm you can go blind!!!!!!!!!!

I have one I use to KILL germs.
of 367nm I have a test meter.
its for cleaning big fish tank water.
found it in a skip/dumpster. dule tubes
I leave it for 2 hours in my kitchen.
it kills all germs. I cook a lot of fresh meat
and do home brewing of wine.

Glass blocks some of this UV light.
so they use Quarts tubes.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   
UV light goes through clouds, look at the snow glow on a cloudy day. Sure, it is not as potent as full sunlight, but it is there.

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
No - cloud doesn't block UV, neither does glass - standard lightbubs give off UV; people were still exposed to the same UV levels..The ammount required to sterilise properly/reliably will give you various cancers and make you go blind.

UV is a great steriliser but the actual UV medical devices/sterilisers are pretty high power and require loads of other things like laminar flow hoods to sterilise all air going in or out of a controlled area.What works in a petri dish rarely translates to the humn body.

www.cdc.gov...

Sunburn is a sign of short-term overexposure, while premature aging and skin cancer are side effects of prolonged UV exposure.

UV exposure increases the risk of potentially blinding eye diseases if eye protection is not used.

Overexposure to UV radiation can lead to serious health issues, including cancer.
Skin cancer is the most

new topics

top topics

join