It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's businesses received millions from foreign entities during his presidency

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Oh are you saying Trump acted just like any other American president!?!? I am sorry...I would LOVE to be bothered by this little tidbit; however, I am well aware that every other president for at least the past 100 years has done what he/she can to enrich themselves. So I would love to be angry about this; but to be so, first we would have to go back and condemn 20 other presidents BEFORE we got mad at Trump. And unfortunately, we haven't done anything near that. So I would only be fair if I let Trump slide with it too.

I would also like to distinguish the fact that even if this is true, there is quite a difference in Trump making extra money through his real estate and hotel properties vs something like a president going equipped with state secrets and more and having undocumented meetings with leaders of other countries, even a number of would be and so called enemies, and leaving with his family members given high paying jobs in fields they know nothing about, denying it, having no explanation for what they do there, collecting millions in pay, firing those who look into it, and swearing it is all untrue even when caught red handed. So if we are gonna let this happen...and we do...the best we can do is monitor how dumb, inappropriate, and shameful it is to how likely espionage like illegal it becomes for all presidents. Cuz again, they ALL have and we either need to turn our heads or we need to say enough is enough and not tackle it just because an overwhelming number of Democrat judges are hungry for Trump when having all Republican judges make a move is cried about and called unfair.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Well the person, Kevin Clinesmith, was penalized.

400 hours community service and loss of his license, for a year. He's already back to practicing law.....

Not bad for fabricating evidence to violate a sitting POTUS' civil rights.....

It is crazy how little concern anyone put into all this.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think it shows the state of collective apathy being held by the nation.

No one cares that is in a position to do anything about it no matter how loud we yell.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 10:23 PM
link   

No one cares that is in a position to do anything about it no matter how loud we yell.

Nixon won in I think the greatest landslide in history, he needed nothing. He didn't know about the team that went into the Watergate and I'm not sure what they would be looking for, but what got him Impeached was he tried to protect them and that is all it took.

Then we have Obama who helped push a known fake dossier to the FISA court to get official wiretapping on the Republican front-runner. It is mind-boggling how much worse that was compared to Watergate.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So the question then becomes, is the press or the people largely to blame for the apathy?

Mix of both?

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Liberals had their chance to be hateful and illogical.

Now it's the conservatives' turn under a 2nd Trump presidency.

Balance in all things if you're into sacred geometry and that sort of crap.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 12:28 AM
link   
HEY.....WHY ARE THE AMOUNTS DIFFERENT!!!!!!!

Seriously. No one wants to address this? If I am wrong please tell me but this is the same story from when he was in office and it was BS then.

Why do I know???? Because they never bring up the fact Trump rents space in Trump Tower to China's largest bank...and was doing so BEFORE he was elected. A businessman who I believe is the first president to have less net worth after leaving office. The truth.....

Parrots they make of you. Parrots......
edit on Janam31amf0000002024-01-05T00:28:37-06:001237 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 12:41 AM
link   

" Raskin: ‘No Question’ Trump Violated the Foreign Emoluments Clause "

" Eric Trump, Executive Vice President of the Trump Organization, pushed back on the report’s claim that the Chinese influenced the Trump administration through purchasing rooms in the hotels. He told the New York Times the claim was “insane” and that there is “no president in United States history who was tougher on China than Donald Trump.”

He disputed other Raskin claims as well, including that Trump violated an agreement to donate profits made from foreign governments.

“What joke! All foreign government profits, for stays at our hotels and other properties while my father was in office, were voluntaraly (sic) donated to the United States Treasury,” he said on X, calling the reports a “counter-narrative for the most corrupt family in political history . "

www.breitbart.com...

Just another Lame Nothingburger Attempt by the Corrupt Dems against Mr. Trump . Chicken Little has Nothing on these Clowns..........

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" Raskin: ‘No Question’ Trump Violated the Foreign Emoluments Clause "

" Eric Trump, Executive Vice President of the Trump Organization, pushed back on the report’s claim that the Chinese influenced the Trump administration through purchasing rooms in the hotels. He told the New York Times the claim was “insane” and that there is “no president in United States history who was tougher on China than Donald Trump.”

He disputed other Raskin claims as well, including that Trump violated an agreement to donate profits made from foreign governments.

“What joke! All foreign government profits, for stays at our hotels and other properties while my father was in office, were voluntaraly (sic) donated to the United States Treasury,” he said on X, calling the reports a “counter-narrative for the most corrupt family in political history . "

www.breitbart.com...

Just another Lame Nothingburger Attempt by the Corrupt Dems against Mr. Trump . Chicken Little has Nothing on these Clowns..........

Well then, there you have it...Proof that Trump, through his company, did not profit or receive "millions" from foreign governments while in office.

Eric provided the source of the evidence: "...All foreign government profits, for stays at our hotels and other properties while my father was in office, were voluntaraly(sic) donated to the United States Treasury..."

So all they have to do is show the receipts for the donation(s)!, and the accusations are proved false.

And you know there had be receipts. For Tax purposes, of course.

Because who cheats on their taxes, right?

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 05:55 AM
link   

while it seems Opie has runnoft, this like of complaining does open up an interesting line of questions.

Trump's organization made money from folks paying for a service (hotel rooms), and idiot lefties see that as a problem.

Then how do we look at, perhaps a president being paid for speeches. Very large amounts for a few words from the POTUS.

Book deals, with large payouts. there are many things that should be looked at in this light. it's a shame the OP has no integrity.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Trump's organization made money from folks paying for a service (hotel rooms), and idiot lefties see that as a problem.

They hate capitalism for people they hate, but love it for their overlords and their StockholmSyndromism type of government.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   

So the question then becomes, is the press or the people largely to blame for the apathy?

Mix of both?

TDS mostly... We joke about that, but it is real on a level that is scary. It puts everyone including the press into a emotional state that nothing matters except for Trump.

For example.... Nothing going on at the border, but Trump and his wall was so racist and xenophobic...

You have this mix of ignoring everything around us while applying everything to Trump. When one brings up events like the mandates and extreme lockdowns that went on much longer than they should have, no one looks to Biden and the liberal side as just how F'ed up that was and how F'ed many people's lives were because of them.

What we get is Trump will destroy the country just as he was doing his first four years... I liked his first four years and just what was it that he was destroying? Can anyone name one thing? Today, the world is in chaos, whether social norms, international across the spectrum of wars and unrest, economy, the border, crime...etc. and no one thinks about that at all, or how that would have been so much different in a good way if Trump had won.

Also, just what would Trump destroy in 4 years that Biden hasn't already?

edit on x31Fri, 05 Jan 2024 07:27:13 -060020244America/ChicagoFri, 05 Jan 2024 07:27:13 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 07:35 AM
link   

We will call it the moderates as it is made up of the left-right and independents. For the last 7 years or so we let the loonies run the nut house. The 1 %ers or less dictated everything about social norms and just basic logic, and people have been getting tired of it. We can take a lot, but Damn it's been overwhelming and the pendulum is swinging. The silent majority is awake now...

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

We will call it the moderates as it is made up of the left-right and independents. For the last 7 years or so we let the loonies run the nut house. The 1 %ers or less dictated everything about social norms and just basic logic, and people have been getting tired of it. We can take a lot, but Damn it's been overwhelming and the pendulum is swinging. The silent majority is awake now...

I have said this before, but this worries me more than most things. When the pendulum swings so far left that we have arguments about if a dude can have babies, the swing to the right will be far reaching and likely go to a frightening place. That is if Newton's third law holds true. The old adage is always sage advice. never go full retard.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I have said this before, but this worries me more than most things. When the pendulum swings so far left that we have arguments about if a dude can have babies, the swing to the right will be far reaching and likely go to a frightening place. That is if Newton's third law holds true. The old adage is always sage advice. never go full retard.

You need to look at all the factors involved. The reason why they are called the silent majority is that they have jobs, responsibilities, morals, etc that make running around on a Tuesday at 1 AM to riot, burn, and steal not really a doable thing. When Portland was up in flames every night I remember talking to my friends who lived in the city, asking them does any of these rioters had jobs...lol

Also, what could a swing to the right possibly be worse than what we have been experiencing for years now? The left riots and does billions in damage, the right just boycotts and does billions in loss of profits.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosOMegas
Oh are you saying Trump acted just like any other American president!?!? I am sorry...I would LOVE to be bothered by this little tidbit; however, I am well aware that every other president for at least the past 100 years has done what he/she can to enrich themselves.

The interesting part is it seems it has to do with people staying at his hotels who happened to be foreigners, and some foreign companies actually rented in his buildings long before he was President.

Seems like a big stretch to suggest Trump was paid 7 million like as if they paid him cash directly and not used his real estate.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 07:15 PM
link   
1. He has nice hotels
2. He donated his POTUS salary back to the US
3. STFUPIATOYSWT

Again....WHY THE DIFFERENCE IN MONIES SPENT?????

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join