It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Twelve ATS Days of Christmas - HS2023

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yes, absolutely, F2d5thCavv2... it's a difficult life to adjust to, and not something to be decided on a whim.

In my case, it was connected with my father's work and later, with mine. So, costs were not the problem, but acclimatising and integrating in a different culture was always difficult, especially considering I knew it was only for a few years and then we moved on to another country. In the end I just accepted that wherever I lay my hat, that's my home...

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Awesome! Truly! Also love your bonus graphics! Very well done Encia. You truly rock

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Thanks very much for the compliment, Argentus!

It was much easier to do the graphics as apposed to getting the verses to work, which mentally drained me for over two weeks.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   

No kidding, I actually played the YouTube and sang all the way through it. Something weird happened around the eleventh verse, like there was a bar missing in the music, but it was probably my mistake. Otherwise, check out! I like your conspiracy-theory minded adaptation of the holiday classic. S+F. By all indications, you will be selecting the next theme!!

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Hey, love those lyrics!

I wish I was better at memorizing ... I guess I might write them down if you are okay with it, and sing that for my brother and his beau for Christmas. He is about the only other person that I know IRL who also is on ATS hah, and he would 'get it'

PS: I will give you credit of course hah, and refer him here to this forum! He runs an organic farm though, and doesn't use a computer very much, but he knows about ATS.
edit on 21-12-2023 by Fowlerstoad because: added the post script

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: QRST4D

Thanks for trying it, QRST4D!

You're right, I just tried myself and the music for Eleventh Day misses or shortens the "Six Aliens Abducting" verse and throws you off. The Twelfth is correct, but it doesn't repeat the last verse as in many other renditions I've listened to before,

I'll try to search for a better instrumental version.

In all honesty, I had only tried the first few verses to the music... for two weeks it was on constant replay in my head as I didn't need the musical accompaniment.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

That's very kind of you, Fowlerstoad!

Absolutely, by all means, write it down, print it, whatever is easier for you. I'm so happy you want to share it with your family, that's exactly what I intended it for. In fact, I hoped the poster would be useful just for what you intend to do.

I also have a higher definition version of the poster, but it is 21 Mb and too big to post here. However, It's on my Google Drive and I can share it privately via DM with whomever wants it.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: QRST4D

Ok, I found a better version that doesn’t miss a beat.

Also, on SoundCloud there’s a version that is a bit slower, making it easier to sing along to, and it has a crescendo towards the end.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join