It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alberta invokes sovereingnty act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The province of Alberta has had enough of the federal interference and will be going for a common-sense solution to energy production. This will no doubt upset the federal government as their constitution depends on cooperation the fed seems to have a steamroller attitude toward carbon neutrality. The feds target has found a formidable kickback.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: annonentity
The province of Alberta has had enough of the federal interference and will be going for a common-sense solution to energy production. This will no doubt upset the federal government as their constitution depends on cooperation the fed seems to have a steamroller attitude toward carbon neutrality. The feds target has found a formidable kickback.

Well done to them!

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

Bad move... indigenous leaders and groups fight tooth and nail for federal and corporate stake and have win after win and a province pulls a hissy fit because of Trudope.

What a joke. Work with Canada, not agaisnt it.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

It's easy to see who's side the reporter is on, comrade.

Seems to me that she is trying to do what is best for the people who elected her. If nothing else, it's a bargaining tool.

What would you have her do?

She talked about the reasons why (when she wasn't responding to the attack dog's legal questions), the other side talked about the politics, legalities, carbon caps, and "investors." No solutions offered.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Dapaga

As an investor myself in suncor this is a bad move. But I've seen the feelz have gotten to everyone over there. Comrade.

Work out a deal with all of Canada. Not just for a single province. Selfish. West folk always think they're under the thumb of the feds. Gee I wonder why, its like energy is an actual big deal that affects everyone, not just them.
edit on 28-11-2023 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I don't know much about this issue.

Why is Trudope and his federal government not working with Alberta and it's interests and instead unilaterally putting the Alberta citizens in jeopardy? 7 near grid failures in one winter sounds exesiv; will Trudope not listen until people start dieing in the cold?

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Because Alberta is a banana republic and they can't admit they are at the whim of oil company's and the federal government. So instead they all throw a hissy fit and elect some libertarian joke. They have a huge amount of provincial cash, use it.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Because Alberta is a banana republic and they can't admit they are at the whim of oil company's and the federal government. So instead they all throw a hissy fit and elect some libertarian joke. They have a huge amount of provincial cash, use it.

So Trudope and his federal government have no responsibility in the situation? They are allowed to make unilateral decisions that negatively impact Alberta and it's government is wrong for questioning the Feds?

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Alberta seems to think they shouldn't apparently.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Alberta seems to think they shouldn't apparently.

This happened in Alberta not because someone in Alberta is doing any wrong, but because of the overt and blatant overreach being done by a crackpot named Trudeau. You always like to come to the rescue for the crackpots. It's very telling.

"Support your federal communist loving crackpot" Is that your message this morning?

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I'm not supporting the feds. I'm supoorting my stake in the game, and calling out Alberta's dumb position they've taken.

Alberta has always hid behind its oil industry, because it's what makes them money, if the government decided to keep buying precious oil to just burn up as fuel for electricity, and didn't plan any forethought to transition to less oil dependant energy sources, that's Alberta fault.
I'm in the boat that oil and gas is worth more in the ground and better suited for exporting down the line. If we have the means and technology and skills to build greener energy sources, why do we keep burning up a real global money maker?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

And it's not just Alberta. Saskatchewan now has the Sask First act. The West is getting sick and tired of continual Federal meddling and over-reach, while at the same time holding out their hands for equalization payments. The division of responsibilities clearly states that the provinces have control of their own natural resources, period.

new topics

top topics

join