It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, Four Volcanoes Erupting at Once is Not Abnormal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well, it would be abnormal if it was only four. Good thing it's currently standing at fourty-six.

Which is about average.

And you can do this every year.

Out of an estimated 1,350 active volcanoes worldwide, about 45 have continuing eruptions, and about 80 erupt each year, spewing steam, ash, toxic gases, and lava. In 2022, erupting volcanoes included the Fagradalsfjall volcano in Iceland, Mount Anak Krakatau in Indonesia, the Fuego volcano in Guatemala, Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha’apai in Tonga, Mauna Loa in Hawaii, Mount Etna in Sicily, Shiveluch volcano in Russia, and more. Collected below are scenes from the wide variety of volcanic activity on Earth over the past year.

I write this because the context in which this was presented to me through social media was one of ignorance and bias. Of course It was used to suggest more end times evidence.

"Is it any coincidence that as soon as this war begins all these volcanoes start erupting?"

Well, yes, IT TOTALLY IS.

Same thing can be said for earthquakes.

www.usgs.gov...

According to long-term records (since about 1900), we expect about 16 major earthquakes in any given year. That includes 15 earthquakes in the magnitude 7 range and one earthquake magnitude 8.0 or greater. In the past 40-50 years, our records show that we have exceeded the long-term average number of major earthquakes about a dozen times.

To really suggest "End Times" it would need to be the Levant Volcanic Province in the Golan Heights, because a dormant volcanic chain becoming active would certainly be more noteworthy than the same old active volcanoes that erupt either continuously or every year.
edit on 17-11-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Can we trade those 46 regular volcanoes for one Yellowstone super eruption and just get on with it?

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

If you want that go with Taupō.

Taupō, a caldera volcano and the site of New Zealand's largest lake, has been active 25 times in the past 12,000 years. It is responsible for one of the most significant explosive eruptions in recent human history: the AD232 eruption that sent a whopping 120 cubic km of pumice and ash into the atmosphere.

It's the "Most Like To Erupt".

Yellowstone is a good one, as is Long Valley in California, but New Zealand is the stuff of Mt. Doom cinematography.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Nope, it's gotta be America First.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Santorini?

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I thought too we were to expect multiple eruptions simultaneously sometime in the Pacific Ring of Fire in Earths future?

Is it 4 is "wow"...46 is "eh"? I expect that ring to go postal sometime. And that "new" geography will redefine boundries...and create new "rings of fire" .

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I remember seeing something about us entering into a period of increased volcanic activity. There are definitely super volcanoes showing a lot of activity. Volcanoes are fun.
edit on 18-11-2023 by Cracka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join