It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pleased to be officially back on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well, I'm officially back in some respects. I don't expect to ever have an avatar of any sort, but that feeling may change. I don't recall when I discovered ATS, maybe late 1970's but it was long ago and it was THE place on the relatively new internet. I lurked for a long time, learning the ways of this digital world and eventually joined and, not unusual, eventually was banned for too strong of an opinion in one area. But I'll say in my defense, it took me years to earn that honor.

My interests are well covered in the many forums of ATS. In particular, in the past I've pushed for the general public and ATS members to have a better understanding of our position within the cosmos starting with ourselves. We have been taught by old thinking that we are the best creatures that ever crawled out of the mud. As we try to understand various phenomena that we confront, we seem to have a difficult time getting around these old values to recognize some self-evident truths of existence in the universe.

I'm an admitted UFO abductee from way back in 1964.
edit on 3-11-2023 by CosmicFocus because: minor changes

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicFocus

We werent here in the 70's., 80's, 90's, there was early internet like Windows 95-98, 2000's ATS began (?)

I've been here 14 years, and a few 20 n a bit earlier..not much. There was no real Internet in 95 ish....dial up, DOS systems...file 'sharing".

Hey! Welcome aboard, God bless. Cya!🫡

MS
edit on 11233730America/ChicagoFri, 03 Nov 2023 07:56:37 -050056202300000037 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Hi, welcome back. It does get tricky getting ones head around some things, can use all the help we can get.

Got one recent thread about crawling out of the mud I am open to any advice on:

The spiritual battlefield
edit on 3-11-2023 by kwaka because: added link

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

We werent here in the 70's., 80's, 90's, there was early internet like Windows 95-98, 2000's ATS began (?)

I first discovered ATS in 1997. They would send emails back then letting one know there were were new threads. I lurked for many years before joining, and the rest is history.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   

eventually was banned for too strong of an opinion in one area.

Only once? You should see my other two accounts...

Welcome back!

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I first discovered ATS in 1997. They would send emails back then letting one know there were were new threads. I lurked for many years before joining, and the rest is history.

I first discovered ATS in early October of 1842, while I was holed up in my cabin with tuberculosis. I had discovered the fountain of immortality, but it didn't do anything to shield against disease and famine. Such a shame.

Anyway, we've come a long way since then; no more carrier pigeons and Pony Express comment deliveries. My, how the times be a changin'.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I still post on the first ATS it’s now called OATS. Old Above Top Secret. It is now a message board with the coolest UFO posts! Many other good posts!

Welcome to ATS

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Me, I"m still searching for the real ATS, ya know, the one that promotes denying ignorance? Nice to have you here in this pursuit.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
dont know if you would rly call iy back

testing it out now thanks

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
glad i was able to grab my avatar wweeehoooo

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Me too

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Really? I figured out in 2016 I was likely abducted many times as a child in 1987. MUFON contacted me after I scored high on a quiz. I found ATS around 2015. Someone said abductee stories are rather rare, so I am always looking to compare.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Me in 2009.... Started getting a buncha weird "clicks" and "chirps" on our DSL. Figured it was "Big Brother"+ I brought a rope to the edge of the rabbit hole n jumped down.

After falling past n thru the buncha rabbit turds, I landed at the bottom and ATS, where all theories live!🐰

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Welcome back!

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Pre-Y2K , Account for 'riffraffalunas' on dial-up connection,,, graduated to a HP w/Windows XP in 2004 with new account name, but absent from ATS for a spell till i could afford a $500 HP desktop

thanks to skeleton-Avatar living in Superstition Mountain area of AZ...i connected with a fledgling ATS

top topics

join