It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They went Hunting for Fossil Fuels. What they Found Could help save the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This is a good story as they found White Hydrogen. I am all for hydrogen for electrical power generation and EV vehicles. Many here say it will all fail. I say that man will fix this as many companies are way down the road globally.

Aside from typical barnyard smell. Most of whats generated in the yard is biodegradable. Other stuff can be repurposed. Just an FYI Mr & Mrs Waterglass have been using all non meat food waste as garden compost for over three decades as my grandmother did same as they owned three vegetable and fruit tree farms. The good stuff was sold to the public as their store, the less than good was given to the pigs, goats and cows. What a vertically integrated business. She retired at 85 years.

The problem are those loud mouths who scream and yell and offer no solutions. Sort of like the "Just Say No" campaign. You know who I am talking about.

They Went Hunting

A couple of hundred meters down, the probe found low concentrations of hydrogen. “This was not a real surprise for us,” Pironon told CNN; it’s common to find small amounts near the surface of a borehole. But as the probe went deeper, the concentration ticked up. At 1,100 meters down it was 14%, at 1,250 meters it was 20%.

This was surprising, Pironon said. It indicated the presence of a large reservoir of hydrogen beneath. They ran calculations and estimated the deposit could contain between 6 million and 250 million metric tons of hydrogen.

That could make it one of the largest deposits of “white hydrogen” ever discovered, Pironon said. The find has helped fuel an already feverish interest in the gas.

White hydrogen – also referred to as “natural,” “gold” or “geologic” hydrogen – is naturally produced or present in the Earth’s crust and has become something of a climate holy grail.

Heres another:

Air Liquide
edit on 10292023 by Waterglassing because: link

edit on 10292023 by Waterglassing because: add

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
archive.org...
See also V. Schauberger's contraptions, Hutchinson and many others.

Hence, the CO2 drama, EVs, solar panels and wind turbines serve no other purpose than to limit our freedom, impoverish and starve us. People asked for this, witness the well permeated into all things social immodesty.

Let them eat bugs!
edit on 29-10-2023 by Sheshbaz7ar because: [...]

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheshbaz7ar

I watched the archive.org video and looked up the Alabany Fire Fepartment. What was invented was trashed by the experts and media yet the customers who have them installed love them. One reporter sited that a centrifugal pump was extremely inefficent? What I worked at a pump manufacturer as a manager. What? A load of crak.

The most efficient pump design is a centrifugal pump. A centrifugal pump is a type of pump that uses the force of rotation to move fluid through the device.Jun 24, 2022

Here the article that trashed him

Trash

Heres the company today.

HydroDynamics

My guess is that the marching orders come from Bilderberg along with WHO and WEF. Possibly thats why the draconian measures here in USA on CO2 power e tal. Yes the world is soooooooooo corrupt.
edit on 10292023 by Waterglassing because: typos

edit on 10292023 by Waterglassing because: typos

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

edit on Sun Oct 29 2023 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglassing

Looks like another miracle breakthrough.
Thorium
Salt batteries.
Perovskite
Fusion reactors

Always just over the horizon

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   
While promising there are still problems that need to be addressed. The $500 billion already spent on research is just the beginning....

Before committing to this vast buildout, it is essential to understand how hydrogen can contribute to climate change — including hydrogen’s own significant warming potential, which remains widely overlooked.

[www.edf.org...]

gas and the utility industries in the US have decided that combustion is how they want to use hydrogen – even if it is renewably created with solar and wind. They want to take that renewably derived “green hydrogen” and burn it, like we have burned oil and gas and coal for centuries. And contrary to the reporting, that new combustible alchemy is anything but emissions free.

In the last several months, several gas developers have proposed blending H2 and natural gas at Western power plants.[7] Two global finance giants recently proposed a hydrogen blending plant in Ohio, expected to begin operations in the coming months.[8] Some power plant owners in New York also have proposed blending H2 with natural gas, to keep fossil-fuel power plants operating for years beyond when they should have been shut down and be replaced with renewables and battery storage.

TPTB are advertising it as THE solution to all of our problems, and nobody wants us to consider the possible downside.

Oil and gas companies have also proposed injection of hydrogen into the existing natural gas infrastructure. NextEra Energy in Florida and Dominion in Virginia have released plans to begin inserting a 5% blend in some natural gas shipments beginning in 2021.[10] Southern California Gas Co (SoCalGas) and San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) have also announced plans to begin demonstration projects injecting a 5% blend into the natural gas grid starting next year.[11]

These new “blending” proposals are all the rage in the fossil fuel industry. It has been difficult to pick up an energy trade publication in the last few months without finding a breathless piece about how H2 is the next climate change silver bullet. It might not rival the “too cheap to meter” media campaigns by the nuclear industry in the 1950s, but the recent press push comes perilously close.[12],[13],[14],[15] This apparently coordinated, public relations effort does not seem to be accidental.[16]

The thinking behind these proposals is that, in some undefined future, natural gas plants could be converted into 100% H2 combustion plants, ending reliance on gas for power generation. Blending H2 over time at increasingly higher levels into gas plants seems to be the industry’s plan to keep gas plants running and pipeline infrastructure in place for the next few decades, testing the impact of these experiments over time with the public.

It must be noted that burning H2 for power production has never been done before in this country. It is a novel, untested, and potentially problematic environmental experiment that could play out in American cities.

Hydrogen research is still in its infancy, it seems. It reminds me of the money pit solar power and biofuels became, where the little gain didn't come close to balancing out the trillions spent on development. Maybe this will be different; maybe not.

H2 Combustion and NOx – The New Air Pollution Threat. What happens when H2 is combusted?

Burning H2 does not produce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. That is good news for the climate.

However, hydrogen combustion produces other air emissions. And that scientific fact is the untold story in this aggressive industry plan, one that could turn green H2 into ghastly H2.

The bad news is that H2 combustion can produce dangerously high levels of nitrogen oxide (NOx). Two European studies have found that burning hydrogen-enriched natural gas in an industrial setting can lead to NOx emissions up to six times that of methane (the most common element in natural gas mixes).[17],[18] There are numerous other studies in the scientific literature about the difficulties of controlling NOx emissions from H2 combustion in various industrial applications.[19],[20]

Even the Trump Administration’s Department of Energy “Hydrogen Program Plan” identifies H2 combustion as a significant problem. It states that additional research is needed on a host of emissions control issues around H2 combustion. The point DOE makes is that at very low levels of H2 blending, the NOx emissions levels might be controllable. But at higher levels, it is not only difficult to control NOx emissions, but the technologies that have been developed to attempt to control those higher NOx levels remain unproven.[21] That research is years off.

[www.cleanegroup.org...]

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Sorry I dont and wont by it as their information is based on the blending of H2 with Natural Gas. No sheet about the outcome from two environmental papers. I worked at Air Products in the 1990's and we had Hydrogen separation plants all over the globe. Air Products is a publically traded company. As per this link they state that its 100% green so if they are lying the could be sued. So is NASA polluting space?

NEOM Green Hydrogen Facility

Then we have this project in USA

World’s Largest Carbon Capture for Sequestration Facility

Air Products will invest $4.5B to build-own-operate the world’s largest blue hydrogen production facility, producing over 750 MMSCFD of blue hydrogen in Louisiana, USA. A portion of the blue hydrogen will be compressed and supplied to customers by our U.S. Gulf Coast pipeline network; the balance will be used to make blue ammonia that will be transported around the world and converted back to blue hydrogen for transportation and other markets.

The megaproject will also capture over five million metric tons per year of CO₂, making it the largest carbon capture for sequestration facility in the world. Numerous studies have shown that Louisiana’s geology is some of the best in the world for permanent geologic sequestration.

The project is expected to be operational in 2026.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

While it is good for them that they found a clean source of Hydrogen that doesn't need refining, I doubt the consumer will benefit from this anytime soon. Until there is a perfect fuel mix they can create for profit, because Hydrogen from water is too easy to make yourself, I do not see corporations building machines where the fuel production cannot be marketed, or else we would of had residential hydrogen engines long ago.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

While it is good for them that they found a clean source of Hydrogen that doesn't need refining, I doubt the consumer will benefit from this anytime soon. Until there is a perfect fuel mix they can create for profit, because Hydrogen from water is too easy to make yourself, I do not see corporations building machines where the fuel production cannot be marketed, or else we would of had residential hydrogen engines long ago.

I would say you're right and don't really have anything to add, other than... I'm trying to get my post count up as had to start all over again since the balls up

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Why wouldn't people benefit from more clean fuel? There are already hydrogen powered cars, mostly in Europe and Asia. The US economy is too dependent on oil so we haven't made the switch yet but the products and the cars are out there already.

Link

Also this is not the kind of hydrogen you can easily make and in order to 'make it' you'd end up losing energy. This hydrogen has been locked in our planet core for billions of years, it was free floating in the solar system until something knocked it loose and it started condensing into our planet. Our core is somehow leaking this ancient hydrogen and it is showing up in large amounts near the surface. We can't make this. Not easily or cheaply at least, or in these enormous amounts.

This is a great find. Potentially world changing.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
EV's are a world wide scam that somebody is making a killing off of.
if a hot rod can be made to run like this one sound like it will, listen to the cam lobes count off.
then there is a definite way big auto can make passenger vehicles to do it much easier and with just a little bit of change on the assembly line.

edit on 29-10-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

EV's are a world wide scam that somebody is making a killing off of.
if a hot rod can be made to run like this one sound like it will, listen to the cam lobes count off.
then there is a definite way big auto can make passenger vehicles to do it much easier and with just a little bit of change on the assembly line.

archive.is...

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheshbaz7ar

link goes goes into endless i'm not a robot.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 12:20 AM
link   

edit on Mon Oct 30 2023 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

The first hydrogen engine was in 1806 while the first gas powered was 1879. This is nothing new so why aren’t we on Hydrogen now? The companies cannot make repetitive sales if you can pump your fuel out of the kitchen tap. Fuel or electricity is a revenue stream the corporations are not going to let go.
edit on 31-10-2023 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

top topics

join