It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ending private transport by guile - Gas & Diesel cars obsolete - No viable replacement tech.

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

This topic is one that I have thought about a fair bit over the past year, as I weigh up the ridiculous & unworkable Net Zero plans of the globalists, it just seemed like there was something missing from the analysis. The whole electric car phenomenon already had holes in its proposed execution - low mileage, highly expensive, difficulty of charging if you live in certain types of properties (such as terraces with no driveways - would you be setting yourself up to get sued by trailing a cable across the pavement to your car?) So they're impractical on a number of levels, making them a questionable replacement technology for proven alternatives - gasoline & diesel (or even water?) Yes, water-fuelled cars are a reality, a very viable reality, but they have been utterly suppressed, ruthlessly, even to the point of thefts, conspiracy, and assassinations, it would seem. Plus less severe methods, such as buyouts, patent rejections & dark-shelving.

"To cite just one example of how un-costed Net Zero is, Michaux notes that “in theory” there are enough global reserves of nickel and lithium if they are exclusively used to produce batteries for electric vehicles. But there is not enough cobalt, and more will need to be discovered. It gets much worse. All the new batteries have a useful working life of only 8-10 years, so replacements will need to be regularly produced. “This is unlikely to be practical, which suggests the whole EV battery solution may need to be re-thought and a new solution is developed that is not so mineral intensive,” he says."

DAILY SKEPTIC article

We already know (or you should know) that electric cars & scooters were a nicely developed, blossoming technology - way back in the 1920's. There's nifty footage floating about which shows the use of these vehicles & their innovative charging stations in various US cities, but the technology was phased out back then in favour of gasoline & diesel vehicles, and that was largely a political/commercial consideration rather than one of sheer technological superiority..

The way that electric & hybrid vehicles have been rolled out by major manufacturers over the past few years is ridiculous really, as though this is something special & new. Despite their apparent 'awesomeness' according to the industry, in actual fact, electric vehicles are totally unworkable as mass transportation solutions for private owners, for the one simple reason described above...

There aren't enough reserves of certain rare earth metals (such as cobalt) to sustain the number of batteries that would need to be produced in order to replace gasoline & diesel vehicles across all markets. The batteries that could be made would have a working life of ten years or so, then they would need to be replaced. However, they simply couldn't be replaced, due to lack of materials - and so what would happen? Even if you were one of those who could actually afford to purchase & charge an electric vehicle, over time it would become impossible to use, due to degradation of the battery, then replacing it would be like trying to get blood from a stone. So what would happen? Well, the elite would get what they actually intend in this little scheme of Green deals & Net Zero - people would have to stop driving automobiles. Instead, they would have to opt for public transport, or smaller & less useful transportation such as scooters.

But eventually even they would become irreplaceable, and our government would force everyone to use a bicycle, travelling around their shiny new 15 minute city, with everything they need within a short trip on the bike, or on foot.

I truly believe that this is the end goal of the entire Net Zero initiative - to clamp down on the actual freedoms which we possess currently, to force us into smaller & smaller 'zones of possibility' with bans on travel beyond city limits, fines for exceeding your travel permissions, and all the attendant bullsnip in a 15 minute city lifestyle. We'll no longer be permitted to travel by air either - perhaps trains will remain operational, with restrictions in place, requiring permits for long distance travel by rail. They are closing the net, and the worthlessness of the electric automobile will become self-evident within ten to twelve years from now, no matter what they try to put in place as a smokescreen to hide this inevitability.

Here's a quote from a mainstream source about the unworkable nature of Net Zero...I don't agree with everything they wrote, there are still a bunch of assumptions in there which can be debunked - but at least there is some movement in the mainstream 'conversation' to suggest that modern climate science is full of unworkable bullsnip.

We struggle to name any climate scientist who at that time thought the Paris Agreement was feasible. We have since been told by some scientists that the Paris Agreement was “of course important for climate justice but unworkable” and “a complete shock, no one thought limiting to 1.5°C was possible”. Rather than being able to limit warming to 1.5°C, a senior academic involved in the IPCC concluded we were heading beyond 3°C by the end of this century.

Instead of confront our doubts, we scientists decided to construct ever more elaborate fantasy worlds in which we would be safe. The price to pay for our cowardice: having to keep our mouths shut about the ever growing absurdity of the required planetary-scale carbon dioxide removal.

The Conversation - Climate scientists: concept of net zero is a dangerous trap

Here's a snippet regarding the abiotic oil theory, which suggests that we will never run out of oil & gas, because they are formed by natural geological processes within the Earth, rather than from 'fossils', per the standard theory...

Abiotic Oil Theory - yet another reason why Net Zero is a waste of time

And some more -a neat factoid which shows you where we currently stand on renewables:

Economist Jeff Currie of Goldman Sachs (Global Head of Commodities Research in the Global Investment Research Division):

“Here’s a stat for you... At the end of last year, overall, fossil fuels represented 81% of overall energy consumption. 10 years ago, they were at 82%. So through all of that investment in renewables, you’re talking about $380,000,000,000 in renewables, moved fossil fuel consumption from 82% to 81%, of the overall energy consumption…clearly we haven’t made any progress.”

So, overall net Zero is a big waste of time & money, there are other options, and the Earth is not under threat by the natural progress of climate change - the climate changes all by itself, it always has & always will - and in my humble opinion (and that of many others) it is not anthropogenic, and it does not pose a risk to anyone. It's just a bunch of feel-good projections inculcated by scam artists trying to find new ways to wring money out of the people & processes which this world is built upon.

Share your thoughts!

FITO.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Drastic change to every facet of society is swiftly being implemented, from technology right down to the cellular level of everyone on the planet.

While we're all looking to the future and trying to figure out what this all means, nobody is looking to history. The Nile river drying up and turning a lush oasis and thriving society into a dead zone desert didn't happen overnight; the whole worlds' climate changed.

Instead of preparing society to relocate and adapt, we're facing a major, politically sanctioned depopulation event.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

When did the Nile dry up? I missed that.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I am right there with you. It's an unworkable scam. It worries me quite a bit . There's going to be a big squeeze when you find your old car has run its last mile and that you can't afford a EV, and can't find a decent used car and then in some states sales of new ICE autos are being banned after 2030.

I can only hope the industry can successfully push back on this. God knows the craven, corrupt political class doesn't care and elections are proving useless.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   
here's an excellent article from mining.com on the lack of materials for EV battery production.

www.mining.com...

What many don't take into consideration as well is, it isn't just the USA pushing for these vehicles. It's pretty much upwards of 1/2 of the whole world. With 8billion people on the planet and rising, it's beyond ridiculous that we could switch even a slight majority to an EV with batteries as they currently exist. Cobalt btw is a byproduct of copper. And we all know that copper is already in short supply.

The utter irresponsibility in the lack of forethought and planning for the massive push from these governments is beyond gigantic. It's incomprehensible.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   
"We OWN you...you WILL depend on US for everything!

You WILL do what WE say, when WE say it, and HOW we say it...and you WILL like it!!

Now,...ON YOUR KNEES!!

YOU are our SLAVES!!!

edit on 7/7/2023 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Great link, thanks. Glad to know that others are equally appalled by the ridiculous push for these unworkable 'solutions'..!!

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 07:39 PM
link   

And what's worse, that information is from July 2021....TWO YEARS AGO.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   

“in theory” there are enough global reserves of nickel and lithium if they are exclusively used to produce batteries for electric vehicles. But there is not enough cobalt, and more will need to be discovered. It gets much worse. All the new batteries have a useful working life of only 8-10 years, so replacements will need to be regularly produced.

But... I'm constantly told how Lithium powered EV's are completely clean and renewable, now you're telling me it actually requires massive mining operations that dig up limited resources? Solar panels and wind turbines typically use Lithium batteries for power storage, I suppose next you'll tell me they aren't the magical clean energy solution we've been told they are.
edit on 7/7/2023 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I quite like my EV and my classics.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I almost forgot to mention - EVs are notorious for sudden & lethal explosion & fire eruptions, even when not in use!

Absolutely bloody lethal, in addition to being uneconomic & unworkable as a long term transport solution. Can you imagine being on that bus when the battery decided to explode, starting a fire which engulfed it in seconds?!

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   
To bypass the emissions standards with questionable legalese doubletalk, copy the structure of a railroad locomotive.

A small diesel (or gasoline) engine drives a generator that supplies electricity to the electric motors of the drive train. Install a bank of high capacity capacitors to permit high, instant current for acceleration would be to only change.

No lithium batteries. Regular lead acid to start the deiseal engine to drive the generator(s). If the diesel powered generator isn't running, you don't drive.

Unmatched torque in electric motors.

Then get copyright logo use permission from Union Pacific, BNSF and other railroad companies to use their logo as that "edition" (purely a sales pitch to males)

I'd buy a truck like that in a heartbeat if it was reasonably priced.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I used to race little remote control electric trucks. Their battery is a 4 x 2 x 1 inch, lithium. Ive seen the little cars geared too high, run too hard and the little car gets hot on the track and up goes the battery. It's like a torch that shoots 15 ft in the air. A very large, hot fire that is difficult to put out.

Dropping the entire car in a 5 gallon bucket of water will put it out, after a bit, with a lot of steam and smoke. Very toxic loooking hot fires.

They can also ignite spontaneously when charging and are never to be left alone. They can ignite when they are older just sitting in storage. I don't keep my old ones in my house. They are in a shed outback. After they get old they puff up.

After seeing what I saw at the little car race track, i don't want to own a big one, ever.

edit on 7/8/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   
What i don't understand is why the world seems so dead set on batteries which is like replacing one form of pollution for another, you can recondition batteries only so many times before they need to be turfed into a landfill? when there's a much better and potentially greater performance technology in the works - hydrogen engines. I really think that battery based cars are a fad technology that will give way for something better even nuclear engines of some sort? atleast in those countries that isn't nuclear free.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
No lol

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

The actual running of them is clean its the production of and potential environmental pollution when disposing of. Im pretty sure Lithium cells are the ones you never expose to the air they are highly unstable and will self ignite. Tons of videos on Youtube showing that.

I like how he pokes and prods it like its a living thing ^^
edit on 8-7-2023 by mammothtank because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2023 by mammothtank because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Hand held nuclear grenade? Joking : D

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Man will come up with an alternative. Man always does. Keep an eye on these EV stocks; QS, F, SYAAF, LICY, WBX, CHPT, FLNC. They also want to mine the Moon someday

Investing In Cobalt Mining Stocks

So instead of standing around waiting for the world to fail make some money

30 lbs
A typical EV battery (NMC532) contains roughly 8 kilos (17 lbs) of lithium carbonate, 35 kilos (77 lbs) of nickel, 20 kilos (44 lbs) of manganese and 14 kilos (30 lbs) of cobalt.Mar 10, 2023

According to the US Geological Survey (USGS), total cobalt reserves worldwide stand at an estimated 7.1 million tonnes, with 140,000 tonnes produced globally in 2020.

The silvery-blue metal – which derives its name from the German word “kobald”, meaning goblin – is typically mined as a by-product of copper or nickel, although small-scale artisanal cobalt mining is an increasingly-common practice in some parts of the world.

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

What will Tesla use instead of cobalt?

The next holy grail for EVs: Batteries free of nickel and ...
The lithium iron phosphate batteries Tesla has invested in differ in the battery chemistry required to create the positive end of the battery during discharge, called the cathode. While the battery still requires lithium, it uses iron, which is abundant and cheap, instead of metals like cobalt and nickel.Jun 1, 2022

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

What happened to lush Nile valley is ancient irrigation techniques were not kept up or forgotten so desert took over.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonah1970

LOL

You know that the Sahara was once a vast ocean? Part of the Mediterranean.

There are fossils in the desert that would blow your mind. I brought back a bazillion year old starfish from the Sahara to my saltwater fishing son.

They have a place there called the 'Graveyard of the Whales'.

But yeah, lets go with over irrigating and man made causes for the Nile to 'dry up'. Exactly WHEN did that happen?

top topics

join